**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Acts …

XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Need some additional insight. Recently obtained the Cavalier title & I am now deciding to either explore Act 5 or complete Act 6. I don’t have an AA, Medusa, Herc, or a CGR therefore my question is which of my champs should I rank up to help w/ my progression. Thanks for your assistance.

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian
    edited February 2022
    Honestly, I would just skip act 5 exploration since the rewards aren't worth the effort to explore anymore, and go for act 6 completion. As for your rank up advice, I would rank up your hyperion because his damage is really good, and great damage is sometimes more useful than good utility. Especially in Act 6 where the health pools are so small compared to act 7. I would hold off tanking Joe until you have awakened him, it is really helpful not having to work to get your hand back after every special. Diablo is very suicide friendly, but I assume you don't run suicides. I haven't played with BWCV myself, but others enjoy her. Ægon won't really help you in act 6 except against the grandmaster. Shang chi is a great option because of his damage and utility. I personally enjoy having cap marvel movie paired with Nick fury. I wouldn't rank your 6* Cap IW since the 5* will do just as good damage wise and your 5* actually has utility. My last input is stryfe. The man is a beast, and I honestly wish I had mine as a 6*.

With your current roster, you should be able to beat act 6, and if you hone your skills more, you shouldn't have too much difficulty with act 7.1. 7.2 and 7.3 aren't much harder than 7.1 either.

Thank you for joining my Ted talk.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    Pikolu said:

Honestly, I would just skip act 5 exploration since the rewards aren't worth the effort to explore anymore, and go for act 6 completion. As for your rank up advice, I would rank up your hyperion because his damage is really good, and great damage is sometimes more useful than good utility. Especially in Act 6 where the health pools are so small compared to act 7. I would hold off tanking Joe until you have awakened him, it is really helpful not having to work to get your hand back after every special. Diablo is very suicide friendly, but I assume you don't run suicides. I haven't played with BWCV myself, but others enjoy her. Ægon won't really help you in act 6 except against the grandmaster. Shang chi is a great option because of his damage and utility. I personally enjoy having cap marvel movie paired with Nick fury. I wouldn't rank your 6* Cap IW since the 5* will do just as good damage wise and your 5* actually has utility. My last input is stryfe. The man is a beast, and I honestly wish I had mine as a 6*.

With your current roster, you should be able to beat act 6, and if you hone your skills more, you shouldn't have too much difficulty with act 7.1. 7.2 and 7.3 aren't much harder than 7.1 either.

Thank you for joining my Ted talk.

TYSM 4 ur insight. I was actually leaning heavily towards the Act 6 completion since the total fights would B 18 vs the 100+ fights I would need to explore Act 5. I circled BWCV as an option because I read that should does need to B awaken & I don’t have a maxed out poison immune champ. My major concern is that I have the 5* BWCV awaken so I don’t how comparing the two will scale. I considered CMM heavily because of the NF synergy & she is poison immune. I have the suicide masteries unlocked but I don’t use them. Shang Chi I like a lot so he could B a good candidate. I had not really considered Stryfe but based on your suggestion I am assuming he does not need to be awaken. Do U have additional info on Stryfe?

+
    +
  • Yes, stryfe doesn't need to be awakened, it helps if he is for short fights where you can't get to your sp3. With atryfe you pretty much want to build telepathic charges using your heavies. Sp1 cloaking will also increase your charges. Then you want to use a sp3 to convert those charges to persistent charges which last indefinitely. These persistent charges go up to 100. Each increases your damage output. He is a ramp up champ, but once ramped up, he is a beast. I would recommend watching videos on how to use him before ranking him up though.
    TYSM I am going to look at some vids now …
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited February 2022
    You got the champs to build up and complete act 6 bro, you don't even need herc and cgr to progress (they just make it easier lol)
    I see you got some of the essential champs at r5, watch some Act 6 completion guides and from there decide the next champs you want to rank up that will help you complete act 6.
    While you're building your champs for Act 6 completion you can also try to explore some act 5 quests to make use of your energy and also to practice as long as you still see some value from act 5 100% rewards and who knows maybe you get to 100% Act 5 by the time you got ranked up champs ready for Act 6 completion. Goodluck.
    Yeah right now I am doing some Act 5 completion because I am low on the large energy refills. I don’t want 2 start Act 6 w/o those. Hopefully an offer will be available so I can quickly replenish. Appreciate the input.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Might In suggesties you rank up Venom and use him on the variants? These will give you a lot of rank up Materials and a wider roster via 5 and 6 Star shards. This Will give you a better chance of having a Great counter. And you can rank up multiple of you obtions to atleast rank 4.

Venom is a Beast for multiple variants and you can Advance from there.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Rank up your Guardian

Might In suggesties you rank up Venom and use him on the variants? These will give you a lot of rank up Materials and a wider roster via 5 and 6 Star shards. This Will give you a better chance of having a Great counter. And you can rank up multiple of you obtions to atleast rank 4.

Venom initially was 1 of my faves…would not mind maxing him …what Variants U suggest I should initially try?

Rank up your Guardian

Guardian is viable but he is only sig 100 … is that # acceptable?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Variant 8: Domino should be good here, your BWDO is also a good option if you do it later.
    Variant 7: each chapter is class based, so you can use a lot of different champs.
    Variant 6: Villian variant. Venom is very usefull here
    Variant 5: Spiderverse, Mystic and Symbiote champs. So you can explore the symbiote chapter with venom

Variant 4: Star level based, so not special champs needed. Easy to explore champter 2 and 3.
    Variant 3: Tech champs: I soloed the entire thing with Ghost.
    Variant 2: XL focussed: Use venom. I did it with only venom back in the day.
    Variant 1: Sucks, just skip it.

So I would say do Variant 6, 5 then 2.
    After you can do Variant 3.
    Based on the above and the champs you decide to rank up you can choose other variants.
    Wow thanks for the input …this is extremely helpful.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,390 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Diablord