IMIW, in SQ, is tearing me a new one. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

Took me a minute to get control of the fight, as you can see I have no ability to reparry but even with limited skills Aarkus own this fight.

I don't have Aarkus but could you explain the huge damage from 2m54s mark?
  • GuytennisGuytennis Member Posts: 420 ★★★

Took me a minute to get control of the fight, as you can see I have no ability to reparry but even with limited skills Aarkus own this fight.

I don't have Aarkus but could you explain the huge damage from 2m54s mark?
    IWIM was armor shattered when I used his l2 and I I still have the fury buff active from Aarkus’ l3. I was also using his synergy with OG Vision which causes the ability accuracy reduction he normally get vs robots to also apply to any Tech.

• bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    MoleMan..IMIW auto lock fails
    Corvus..
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Torch, Medusa for romance synery then Hype, Angela to as safety net in case I messed up then Nick.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    Red mags and second life unblocakable Nick fury were my go to's but torch even works well with pre fight
  • Deder80Deder80 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    Raganator said:

Torch (romance with Rogue) - prefight and heavy counter? Herc (romance with Wolvie) - l1 gives the true sense buff, won't get autoblocked?

Not sure if if it the game or what but I have an awakened r3 6* herc. I used wolverine and Cap IW for synergy and iron man auto blocked more then half the fight. So not sure what’s up there
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★

Snuggzy said:

As the title states, I'm struggling to get past this IMIW. I can clear each path with almost full health, but he blasts through my team like they're made of paper.

What team did you use/tactics did you deploy?

Thanks in advance.

Magneto
    Cull
    Corvus
    Human Torch
    Moleman
    Hercules
    Odin
    Red Goblin
    Falcon
    Karnak
    Heimdall
    Knull
    Venom the Duck
    Vulture
    Tigra
    Medusa (easy option to give the Team the Romance Synergy when with Black Bolt or Human Torch, same with Herc+Wolverine)
    Guardian
    Angela
    Spiderham
    Shang-Chi
    CMM? Nobody?
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Member Posts: 388
    Red Magneto
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    Odin,mags, Corvus, proxima,any true strike champ
  • Kpratish1997Kpratish1997 Member Posts: 122
    Odin and magneto.
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    Kabam is just making the game more stressful and boring day by day
  • KanoooKanooo Member Posts: 121
    edited February 2022
    Well, I’m not that skilled to take down ridiculously buffed up sob like this one.

Used up all my existing potions and 500 units.

I mean the bastich is at 1%. 1%.

And these armour stacks just keep screwing me up.

Unlike normal quest IMIW, this bastich auto blocks every-single-hit (without fail).

And yeah - like the AIs recently he wouldn’t get stunned 7/10 times. Wow!

Too much resources wasted for “ok” rewards.
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★

Imagine combining stampede ebb flow agg armor on imiw like champ who itself has non contact attacks difficult to parry making it difficult to heavy so ebb and flow protection is pain.
    2nd is romance synergy 1 spot wasted there if u Don't have good romance champ ranked up. And if u are planning to do this legendary sq without romance its extremely extremely painful.

That imiw being super aggressive, throwing sp1 unblockable out of knowhere giving us an extremely high chance of getting clipped and boom. I even got clipped by sp2.

This imiw is probably the most painful boss i faced recently for not at all worth rewards. Never used any items for months on legendary side quest but this imiw drained all. I was using angela rougue and torch for romance synergy.

And its not a cake walk with Angela also maybe theoretically but not practically. This below 15% imiw gives more stress than i have in my entire quite stressful life. So kudos to the dev and kabam!!!!!! U just made thousands feel the sick boring and stressful nature of the game.

The most annoying is to heavy that imiw,
    1st parry wasted in preventing stun reflection. Now u have 7 seconds to parry again and then heavy to stop ebb and flow. If not within 7 sec u heavy again same thing.
    The pain doesn't end on one heavy cause the protection will come back after 12 seconds.
    And u can't wait a lot to proper time the heavy cause every 2 sec that sob is gaining agg armor. So u need to struck him continuously which below 15% is u know.....
    Below 15% nearly autoblocking all and gaining power like crazy. Its like once he three 3 4 sp1 back to back continuously and u can't touch someone when they are hitting sp.. Now imagine all those time dependent nodes mentioned above

And ask yourself honestly is the rewards freaking worth the difficulty?

• Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    Red mags if you wanna be a total monster about it.
    Ibom if you wanna play with IMIW a little.
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 733 ★★★
    StainA said:

Hercules with his boyfriend Wolverine. I used Herc for every fight. CapIW, iHulk & OG Panther for further synergies.

This makes me strangely uncomfortable. But in that standing-on-the-edge-of-a-cliff-about-to-fall-Into exhilarating way.

• Killswitch01Killswitch01 Member Posts: 684 ★★★
    Guardian was amazing in this fight for me.
    My play style was:
    Hit ImIW till his autoblock starts procing
    Hit on block and bait sp1
    Parry and reparry (Since guardian can parry non-contact, it was easy to stack up the fury passive from the romance synergy)
    Heavy intercept to get unlockables trigger sp1
    Then proceeded to hit block and heavy intercept the entire fight till I got to sp2
    At this point I had 7-8 fury stacks so I heavy intercept again and fired off the sp2...
    Took out 80% of his health😅
    I didn't get the solo cos of the final 15% but I think if I had been patient enough to use an sp3 first then an Sp2, I might have wiped him completely
    I used human torch prefight to end him tho

No item used😁
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Tigra. Sub 30s fight.
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    Domino and Colossus for Romance Synergy and deal with Skill champs.

Fury and CGR to clear out the rest of the lanes.

Corvus to take out IMIW.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

Venom is always amazing against IMIW - he's been mentioned once.
    Three other bits of advice:
    1 - Practice. It's a very low energy cost, same you've got two weeks: don't try and force your way past this particular opponent using revives and inappropriate champions. IMIW was always designed to be huge PITA at low health.
    2 - Consider bringing Heimdall. He can actually be pretty effective in himself if he's ranked up (True Strike, can Parry projectiles) but also gives everyone that 2s Unstoppable/Unblockable before they die. That's long enough to get some damage in.

Have champs (Red Mags, Human Torch, Medusa, Doom) but not skilled and KO due to block damaged.
    Managed to clear first run though with revives and one potion purchase.

Going to bring in Venom to replace Vision OG.
    Hopefully, can clear second run soon.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    Used Herc, which went well
  • AdevatiAdevati Member Posts: 439 ★★★
    I’m just getting tired of the game and this didn’t help.

I got through it itemless. I hated it.

Side quests are supposed to be fun. For months now they’ve been a chore.

Can we not think of ways to increase difficulty that do not trivialize defensive abilities? I’m just exhausted from unblockable and the defender/node selection designed specifically to eliminate parry. It just all seems very lazy design.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Venom is always amazing against IMIW - he's been mentioned once.
    Three other bits of advice:
    1 - Practice. It's a very low energy cost, same you've got two weeks: don't try and force your way past this particular opponent using revives and inappropriate champions. IMIW was always designed to be huge PITA at low health.
    2 - Consider bringing Heimdall. He can actually be pretty effective in himself if he's ranked up (True Strike, can Parry projectiles) but also gives everyone that 2s Unstoppable/Unblockable before they die. That's long enough to get some damage in.

Have champs (Red Mags, Human Torch, Medusa, Doom) but not skilled and KO due to block damaged.
    Managed to clear first run though with revives and one potion purchase.

Going to bring in Venom to replace Vision OG.
    Hopefully, can clear second run soon.
    You've got this @winterthur 🙂

Venom, plus Red Mags Heavy counter should see you through.

Remember: Autoblock doesn't work on Heavy attacks. As soon as he throws a Heavy, dash back once and throw your own. Use an IMIW of your own for limitless practice first, if it helps.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Imagine combining stampede ebb flow agg armor on imiw like champ who itself has non contact attacks difficult to parry making it difficult to heavy so ebb and flow protection is pain.
    2nd is romance synergy 1 spot wasted there if u Don't have good romance champ ranked up. And if u are planning to do this legendary sq without romance its extremely extremely painful.

That imiw being super aggressive, throwing sp1 unblockable out of knowhere giving us an extremely high chance of getting clipped and boom. I even got clipped by sp2.
    Actually, aggressive AI made it much easier to heavy counter IMIW, who has a relatively easy to interrupt heavy once you've seen it a few times.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    xNig said:

Tigra. Sub 30s fight.

Sure, but you actually have to know how to play Tigra. Ramped up Hercules takes the same <30s and you can play with your feet.

Or you can hand your phone to MSD when no one's looking and he'll knock it out for you with a 2* Groot.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    Magneto did this to that IMIW
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

And ask yourself honestly is the rewards freaking worth the difficulty?

It isn't worth it at all if you have to use up your resources and/or burn units. It's definitely worth it if you can beat him. Watch some youtube on how to beat him, practice a little, and then decide if it's worth it.

• Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,320 ★★★★★
    I used Torch for my first run at him, no issues. Just parry/heavy as normal, throw Sp3 for fun when I get to it.

I decided to go with Nimrod for my second run. Same deal, parry/heavy only until I hit two bars of power. All those parries meant that I was able to go into Eradicator Protocol (which means I had unblockable specials) and I had a bunch of passive furies from the node plus armor buffs which make Nimrod’s specials hit harder. Sp2 applied passive shocks which completely bypassed all his armor and melted him completely. It was a thing of beauty.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Herc, with Wolvie Synergy. Could even do it without him, really. As was stated, bait the L1 and punish.