**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do I get hit?

First, I'm danish so sorry for the english spelling.
I'm using a Galaxy S20 5G, and very often it happens that I somehow put my finger to far on the sides of the screen and finding myself being on the homescreen on the phone.
0.5 seconds later I'm jumping back into the game and each time I can hear the game continue in the background, and I'm comboed...
I'm not interested in the usual stupid trolls here in the forum that has nothing to offer. They just waste everyone's time.
What I need is a serious answer if this is okay? Personally I don't think it should be like this.. I'm loosing HP for no reason.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PeQFbxjECRrttUV79

Comments

• Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited February 2022
    First off, second paragraph unnecessary especially when asking for help. Second off, that shouldn't be happening. I am on the same devices and the home screen shouldn't be up unless your so far at the end that when you swipe up call down the buttons at the bottom. Even if that is the case though, when I do something like thay or do anything that would cause me to switch screens mid fight, the game auto pauses so thay combos don't happen. I'm not sure if this is a settings issue, I couldn't hear in the video you posted but it does look like you were blocking and then when you came back the block dropped and the ai decked you, which does happen if blocking and then exiting the main screen. It's a timing thing especially with how close the ai was and looked to be mid punch while you were blocking
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★

First off, second paragraph unnecessary especially when asking for help. Second off, that shouldn't be happening. I am on the same devices and the home screen shouldn't be up unless your so far at the end that when you swipe up call down the buttons at the bottom. Even if that is the case though, when I do something like thay or do anything that would cause me to switch screens mid fight, the game auto pauses so thay combos don't happen. I'm not sure if this is a settings issue, I couldn't hear in the video you posted but it does look like you were blocking and then when you came back the block dropped and the ai decked you, which does happen if blocking and then exiting the main screen. It's a timing thing especially with how close the ai was and looked to be mid punch while you were blocking

I appreciate you answer very much. Thanks..as I mentioned I'm danish, so please forgive me if I'm misunderstand something...but you agree with me that this should not be happening?
  • Options
    mortenhy said:

I appreciate you answer very much. Thanks..as I mentioned I'm danish, so please forgive me if I'm misunderstand something...but you agree with me that this should not be happening?
    "Second paragraph unnecessary", I don't understand..am I being unpolite? If yes, I apologize
  • Options
    mortenhy said:

Yeah I agree, if you're exiting the screen mid fight for any reason, it should stop the fight and autopause. The only time it may not is if you're pulling down the phone menu from the top, but if blocking the screen it should pause.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    On the newest android phones without a physical home button, just like iPhones swiping up will swap or minimise the app (depending on the swipe).
    Phones without a bezel can register input from just holding the edges, maybe combined with this and dex the phone thinks you are swiping up? I suggest to play with a case on your phone, the raised edges will prevent you from registering accidental inputs.
    Phones/tablets measure input through electrical current, you don't even need to be touching it but very close for it to recognise an input.
  • Options

mortenhy said:

Yeah I agree, if you're exiting the screen mid fight for any reason, it should stop the fight and autopause. The only time it may not is if you're pulling down the phone menu from the top, but if blocking the screen it should pause.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Odachi said:

On the newest android phones without a physical home button, just like iPhones swiping up will swap or minimise the app (depending on the swipe).
    Phones without a bezel can register input from just holding the edges, maybe combined with this and dex the phone thinks you are swiping up? I suggest to play with a case on your phone, the raised edges will prevent you from registering accidental inputs.
    Phones/tablets measure input through electrical current, you don't even need to be touching it but very close for it to recognise an input.

Thanks for the reply. I always have a case on my phone with higher edge's than the screen, but yes I totally see your point.
  • Options
    (1) Industrial Design majors thinking they are doing something cool by designing rounded displayable edges to phones, forgetting how many people use a case to prevent the thing from breaking when dropped. Rendering the “cool” feature useless.

(2) but as to continuing to hear the game momentarily. Could be (from lagging, etc) that Audio got out of sync with Video, and so you hear the audio finishing up for what has already taken place on screen. Even after Switched to Home Screen. I’ve seen this with Fight sound effects before.
    Although if you’re talking about the main Game Background Music, that may also be happening (I don’t have Game Music turned on).

As said though, any fighting itself will become paused when App is switched on phone.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

Does your phone not have those game tool?
  • Options

(1) Industrial Design majors thinking they are doing something cool by designing rounded displayable edges to phones, forgetting how many people use a case to prevent the thing from breaking when dropped. Rendering the “cool” feature useless.

(2) but as to continuing to hear the game momentarily. Could be (from lagging, etc) that Audio got out of sync with Video, and so you hear the audio finishing up for what has already taken place on screen. Even after Switched to Home Screen. I’ve seen this with Fight sound effects before.
    Although if you’re talking about the main Game Background Music, that may also be happening (I don’t have Game Music turned on).

As said though, any fighting itself will become paused when App is switched on phone.

Thanks
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

Never seen them.. I don't use the edge features..but I will check it out.. thanks.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    mortenhy said:

Daddrieda said:

Never seen them.. I don't use the edge features..but I will check it out.. thanks.
    This is not an feature of edge phone. I’m sure other Samsung phones has this feature. Even my Samsung Galaxy s6 has this game tools button.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

mortenhy said:

Daddrieda said:

This is not an feature of edge phone. I’m sure other Samsung phones has this feature. Even my Samsung Galaxy s6 has this game tools button.
    Yes.. I'm danish so I worded it the wrong way, sorry for that.
  • Options
    I'm have the game booster button but I have not been able to find the menu in the screenshots while I'm in game.
  • Options
    The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★
    Something similar would happen to me before. Iwould bring up the home menu on my forward dash (first medium). I just turned my phone the other way so home menu is on my opponents side and havent had the issue since, except on the occasion i forget to turn my phone the "right" way.