**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ukraine situation… any in game message or social media campaign plans?

Hi @Kabam Miike I have been scrolling through some suggestions here and have noted that whilst there is no plan to delay the upcoming AW season in light of the real world situation in Ukraine, is there anything else planned by way of either in game message or social media to show support for everyone affected in that part of the world?

MCOC has global reach and as a custodian of the Marvel champions who stand for something bigger I would like to see some leadership on this issue. Major sporting organisations have taken a stand across the world especially Europe.

Even if it’s just symbolic in nature eg a message of support hoping for a speedy resolution or something of that nature. As the Covid situation continues to show us, the world is connected on a global stage like never before and if there’s a platform like this that can be used to bring about change or have an influence then it could be worth considering. Kabam is part of the global community. And if the last few years have demonstrated anything it’s shown what can be achieved when we all come together to support one another. Thanks

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Hi @Kabam Miike I have been scrolling through some suggestions here and have noted that whilst there is no plan to delay the upcoming AW season in light of the real world situation in Ukraine, is there anything else planned by way of either in game message or social media to show support for everyone affected in that part of the world?

MCOC has global reach and as a custodian of the Marvel champions who stand for something bigger I would like to see some leadership on this issue. Major sporting organisations have taken a stand across the world especially Europe.

Even if it’s just symbolic in nature eg a message of support hoping for a speedy resolution or something of that nature. As the Covid situation continues to show us, the world is connected on a global stage like never before and if there’s a platform like this that can be used to bring about change or have an influence then it could be worth considering. Kabam is part of the global community. And if the last few years have demonstrated anything it’s shown what can be achieved when we all come together to support one another. Thanks

They haven't ever gotten involved in any sort of world situation like that. Doubt they'd start now.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    No they shouldn`t. They are a gaming company who creates games. They should focus on making games and not on anything none game/marvel related. That is where other sorts of media come in. They do not have to make a stand on this. A gaming company should stay as far away as possible on anything political.
    It is terrible what is going on, but Kabam has nothing to do with it. Nor will anyone gain from it if they do speak their mind. Since it can in no way affect the game possitively, and it will neither solve the real world problem.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Hmm I thought they had posted something previously about the pandemic eg just for everyone to stay safe but cannot recall 100%. Remaining neutral could still be achieved by doing something as simple as releasing a new profile pic eg white dove as a symbol for peace and giving summoners the option of putting it on their profile pics. In a conflict like that there are no winners. Even if they are not coming out publicly I would hope that there is significant lobbying going on behind the scenes with Disney/Marvel working towards a resolution.

I have also been considering something like putting certain defenders in AW (Warlock or Groot only) when season starts and then not attacking, if we do decide to even participate (not sure on being able to fill enough spots).