**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gwenmaster's reverse controls

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,036 ★★★★★
Why is Prof X immune to reverse controls in that fight but Stryfe isn't? They both carry the tag.

Comments

• Options
    I get all that but Gwenmaster is basically Emma Frost in first phase. That's what that tag is for.
    https://youtu.be/VR-1zPBVHU4

Since it's her abilities, shouldn't he be immune?
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

I get all that but Gwenmaster is basically Emma Frost in first phase. That's what that tag is for.

I see what you mean if Gwenmaster is Emma Frost in her first phase then he should be.
  • Options

Huh that’s actually interesting. i know that psychic shielding doesn’t work for the GM, but i’m not sure where the discrepancy lies in emma frosts abilities to the GMs.
    Emma's is psychic.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He should be immune, it’s stupid that he isn’t
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022

Why is Prof X immune to reverse controls in that fight but Stryfe isn't? They both carry the tag.

It's been argued a lot. Simple conclusion I find relevant is what @PapaMidnite007 said. Yet I find quite absurd that he have tag for supposed immunity yet don't have.

Like in Map 7 Aq, You can use mags and stryfe on reverse control path in sec 1 and sec 3 cuz they mention the tag Psychic shield yet on some matchups it doesn't work at all
    So it may be that in general node may had to specify the his tag to work meanwhile prof x have immunity in his basic kit
  • Options

It's been argued a lot. Simple conclusion I find relevant is what @PapaMidnite007 said. Yet I find quite absurd that he have tag for supposed immunity yet don't have.

Like in Map 7 Aq, You can use mags and stryfe on reverse control path in sec 1 and sec 3 cuz they mention the tag Psychic shield yet on some matchups it doesn't work at all
    So it may be that in general node may had to specify the his tag to work meanwhile prof x have immunity in his basic kit
    Delerium specifies psychic shielding.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Also, just use professor x 🤷‍♂️ He reliably got me through at least 3 phases each time
  • Options
    Lpoo said:

Also, just use professor x 🤷‍♂️ He reliably got me through at least 3 phases each time

I did but he was on AWD for a bit so I thought I could use Stryfe instead.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Lol i thought @LordPSN changed profile picture on seeing the title
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    She isn't "basically Emma frost " in that phase. It's just flair text to make the fight fun . Look carefully she isn't even wearing Emma's leggings or dooms hoodie.Mechanics are different from names and colour. Get to the aarkus phase and you'll see him armour break and inflict coldsnap on champs that are immune to either or both.

#psychic sheilding is not the same as reverse control immunity. It says in Emma's sig that she cannot inflict reverse on that tag. The same is not true for gwenamaster.

Tldr: read the kit. Don't go in with assumptions
  • Options

She isn't "basically Emma frost " in that phase. It's just flair text to make the fight fun . Look carefully she isn't even wearing Emma's leggings or dooms hoodie.Mechanics are different from names and colour. Get to the aarkus phase and you'll see him armour break and inflict coldsnap on champs that are immune to either or both.

#psychic sheilding is not the same as reverse control immunity. It says in Emma's sig that she cannot inflict reverse on that tag. The same is not true for gwenamaster.

The coldsnap thing is a known bug.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Wonder if her cold snap bug was ever fixed

What bug @Zan0
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Wonder if her cold snap bug was ever fixed

What bug @Zan0

Yeah. You're right. The kit says passive coldsnap
  • Options

Was it confirmed to not be just a text error? I guess it makes sense from a game pov
  • Options

Was it confirmed to not be just a text error? I guess it makes sense from a game pov
    Not that I'm aware of. I used HT and he was still effected by it.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    Looks like somebody finally decided to explore story content. 🙃 was it the rewards that motivated you?
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Lpoo said:

If Stryfe is immune to Emma’s reverse controls, and Gwenmaster’s first phase is Emma, then Stryfe should be immune to Gwenmaster’s reverse controls. That’s it.

Gwen master apply reverse control on sp1 but she doesn't have psychic hit on it so Stryfe is unable to bypass that reverse control unlike to Emma frost, that she has psychic hit on her specials on her habilitiys so Stryfe can shrug of this hability.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Looks like somebody finally decided to explore story content. 🙃 was it the rewards that motivated you?

It was the MROC package.