Quick Thoughts on Omega Sentinel

TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
For anyone who wants to see the deep dive, here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_KuE4MUU-8

Upon first look, she looks like she's mostly a utility champion. The auto-block is very annoying and will make her a very tough defender. Combined with the immunity to Nullify, Stagger, and Fateseal, there's not a super reliable way to deal with her armor up buffs. Plus, you can basically place all 3 debuffs and keep throwing specials and heavying to pause them indefinitely. But the thing that stands out to me about her kit is the regeneration ability. I'll copy and paste it from the deep dive:

"Omega Sentinel's nanotech reduces the potency of incoming Bleed and Poison effects by 100% and grants her immunity to the regen reduction from poison."

That ability right there is amazing. It means that she's going to be getting willpower healing from suicides and other other bleed or poison that gets placed on her. Plus, the poison does nothing to her healing factor. But that's not even the best part.

"When inflicted with a Bleed or Poison effect, Omega Sentinel gains a Self-Repair Buff healing 20% of missing health over 10 seconds. This ability does not stack and ends early if Omega Sentinel is Stunned."

I mean WHAT. You basically regen 20% at the start of the fight in 10 seconds if you have suicides on. Additionally, if you're doing a fight like biohazard, you're essentially going to be regening 2% per second for the whole fight. Throw this onto the ability where she can't get her buffs taken away, there's not a great way to deal with this ability. It could prove to be one of her most useful abilities on offense

Comments

• Sunny2Sunny2 Member Posts: 183 ★★
    edited March 2022
    Willpower doesn't work if she's labeled a robot. Not sure if she is yet but I assume she will be labeled as such. So there goes alot of the healing you are talking about . Also way they worded inflicted with I am not completly convinced she will get the 20% healing for the bleed/poison from suicides (as she starts the fight with those debuffs) at the begining of the fight.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Magneto should work too. He won’t reverse it but he’ll stop it. But yeah this is pretty legit. She’ll go high in arena
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,936 ★★★★★
    I smell Knull food
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    She definitely has all the makings of a new top tier Tech champ.

The Bleed/Poison thing is amazing obviously, and the nullify immunity is super useful, especially on a non-science champ

Anti-miss and heal that is so easily accessible is incredible. The only stickler here might be that she needs all 3 debuffs up for damage, and that might limit her practicality. I really hope not, but we have to see on that

Not to mention the armour ups seem to have slightly nutty potency. I’m assuming it was R4 6* abilities we were looking at and they were 974 each. And you can get 10. Even on a 5/65 that’s going to be at least 600, so up to 6k Armour rating that you just build up naturally. For comparison, a R4 Colossus’ armour ups are 200 each and cap at 20

If she’s practical and has at least a decent damage output level I think we’re looking at a top champ here

Please let her release second this month so she isn’t in the 6* featured crystals with mostly duds
  • Nightkiller7314Nightkiller7314 Member Posts: 117

Upon first look, she looks like she's mostly a utility champion. The auto-block is very annoying and will make her a very tough defender. Combined with the immunity to Nullify, Stagger, and Fateseal, there's not a super reliable way to deal with her armor up buffs. Plus, you can basically place all 3 debuffs and keep throwing specials and heavying to pause them indefinitely. But the thing that stands out to me about her kit is the regeneration ability. I'll copy and paste it from the deep dive:

"Omega Sentinel's nanotech reduces the potency of incoming Bleed and Poison effects by 100% and grants her immunity to the regen reduction from poison."

That ability right there is amazing. It means that she's going to be getting willpower healing from suicides and other other bleed or poison that gets placed on her. Plus, the poison does nothing to her healing factor. But that's not even the best part.

"When inflicted with a Bleed or Poison effect, Omega Sentinel gains a Self-Repair Buff healing 20% of missing health over 10 seconds. This ability does not stack and ends early if Omega Sentinel is Stunned."

I mean WHAT. You basically regen 20% at the start of the fight in 10 seconds if you have suicides on. Additionally, if you're doing a fight like biohazard, you're essentially going to be regening 2% per second for the whole fight. Throw this onto the ability where she can't get her buffs taken away, there's not a great way to deal with this ability. It could prove to be one of her most useful abilities on offense

i think she's tagged robot so no healing from willpower...
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Magneto should work too. He won’t reverse it but he’ll stop it. But yeah this is pretty legit. She’ll go high in arena

Oh she’s immune to mutants AAR. Blown.
  • odishika123odishika123 Member Posts: 5,408 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022

Will his bleed on sp3 still tick properly?
    Aren't they shrapnel bleeds?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Will his bleed on sp3 still tick properly?
    Aren't they shrapnel bleeds?
    the normal bleeds will not, but the end is a burst of physical damage, so it will
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

i think she's tagged robot so no healing from willpower...
    i don't think she is. every single robot is immune to bleed and poison, and she is not. omega red and her are very similar, and omega red isn't tagged as a robot and heals from willpower
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    I'm not looking forward to fighting her in this month's eq. Angela is pretty much the only counter I have at a decent level. They'll probably slap on aggression armor on her fight, it's gonna be an absolute fiesta with autoblocks I tell ya...
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,258 ★★★★★
    More Air-Walker food.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

would love her but she's probably going to get "balanced". I made a thread that said please don't balance here because we've been waiting for her for so long since the vote and it would be a bad play to nerf her. my thread was deleted in like 5 minutes with no warning lol. Thanks Kabam

This balance program has three different sides remember. And we don’t know at all how they’ll present themselves.

Champions can be improved, tuned down or left alone. I think it’s a bit pessimistic and premature to focus on only the tuning down. The tuning down may only be reserved for the rarest of rare cases. I think it’s better to wait and see, rather than ask for champs not to be nerfed a couple hours after the deep dive is released
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 ★★★★

would love her but she's probably going to get "balanced". I made a thread that said please don't balance here because we've been waiting for her for so long since the vote and it would be a bad play to nerf her. my thread was deleted in like 5 minutes with no warning lol. Thanks Kabam

This balance program has three different sides remember. And we don’t know at all how they’ll present themselves.

Champions can be improved, tuned down or left alone. I think it’s a bit pessimistic and premature to focus on only the tuning down. The tuning down may only be reserved for the rarest of rare cases. I think it’s better to wait and see, rather than ask for champs not to be nerfed a couple hours after the deep dive is released
    lol I'm pretty negative rn tho. Taking a thread down after less than 10 minutes and no response why is odd. The only thing I said was please leave her be and asking everyone else what their thoughts were.
  • BeeweeBeewee Member Posts: 551 ★★★★

I think you're forgetting the most obvious way of countering armour ups - armour break. Knull gonna feast.

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure willpower doesn’t work with robots

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

We don't know she's a robot
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Member Posts: 408 ★★★
    I’m curious to see how much impact pairing her with Nimrod will have on her rotation since it seems to revolve around launching specials once she gets her debuffs going. The synergy she has with him will allow her to inflict shocks on the opponent for each hit of their special that doesn’t connect. Combine that with Nimrod’s “New Wave” synergy, which gives robots increased combat power rate for each shock on the opponent, and I feel like you’ll be able to see her damage a lot quicker. Actually come to think of it, it’d also be nice to test out with Nebula as well.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    Omega sentinel at once:
    As hot as fire
    Ya cold as ice
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Look like the costume design is based on House of M story arc. Is it correct?
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★

We don't know she's a robot
    We do now, it’s been confirmed

Screenshot from inside the contest episode
    Medusa :- Interesting
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★

She is a robot so no willpower