**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Updates to Cavalier Event Quest Buffs: March and April 2022

Greetings Summoners!

It’s time once again to update the Buffs that you can encounter in the Cavalier Difficulty level of the Event Quest.

Over the next 2 months, we want to bring back some of the Tag-Based buffs we used in the past, but with some changes based on Player Feedback.

In addition to the Tag-Based Champions (champions with TAGtictal Advantage), we’re adding a Class of Champions to each set of Buffs, so while Tagged Champions get their bonus, there will still be a bonus for Champions of the attached class as well.

Each Cross Charge grants +30% Attack Rating. After winning a fight, Tagged Attackers convert up to 5 Cross Charges into Cross-Fight Fury Passives lasting the next 2 Fights, increasing Attack rating by 15%. Champions of the corresponding Class will not carry and Charges forward, but can use the Cross Charges in the current fight.

We will be splitting the Buffs over the next 2 months:

March (v34.0):

Science Champions (Paired with #Spider-Verse Heroes, #Symbiote or #Sinister Six)
  • Science Champions can now gain Evade charges when they knock the Defender down and earn Cross Charges when they Evade via the buffs Sidestep Strike and Furious Feint.
  • Sidestep Strike: The Evade charges have been changed to allow players to evade all Basic attacks, not just Unblockable Basic attacks.
Mystic Champions (Paired with #Dimensional Being, #Illuminati or #Thanos’s Army)
  • Mystic Champions can now Nullify Armor Up buffs by avoiding Special Attacks and earn Cross Charges when an Armor Up buff is nullified or prevented via the buffs Dodge, Duck, Dip, and Dive and Armor Erasure.
  • Stalwart Shield: Each Armor Up Buff on the Defender now reduces the Duration of Debuffs on them by 15% instead of 20%.
Cosmic Champions (Paired with #New Avengers, #A-Force or #Fantastic Four)
  • Cosmic Champions can now gain a Power Gain Buff when they interrupt the Defender's Attacks and earn Cross Charges when they use a Special Attack or punish the Opponent's Special Attack via the buffs Powerful Objection and Punishing Specials.
  • Punishing Specials: Players now gain 2 Cross Charge(s) instead of 1 each time they use a Special Attack or punish the Defender’s Special Attack.

April (v34.1)

Skill Champions (Paired with #Defenders, #Thunderbolts or #Inhuman)
  • Skill Champions can now inflict Physical Vulnerability Debuffs on different Combo enders and earn Cross Charges when inflicting the Defender with Bleed, Armor Break or Physical Vulnerability Debuffs via the buffs Mixed Martial Arts and Distinctive Debuffs.
  • Energy Interference: The timer has been changed from 4 seconds to 6 seconds, and the Attacker is now inflicted with the Power Lock Passive for 4 seconds instead of 6 seconds.
Tech Champions (Paired with #Avengers)
  • Tech Champions can now Power Drain using Medium combo enders when they have Power Charges and earn Cross Charges each time they Power Drain, Burn or Lock the Defender via the buffs Critically Drained and Power Exchange.
  • Critically Drained: Power Drain Charges now only last for 6 seconds instead of indefinitely when gained from a Critical Hit, but now each Power Drain Charge inflicts a Power Drain instead of every 2 charges. The power drain potency has also been changed from 7.5% for every 2 charges, to 5% for every charge.
  • Especially Energetic: The Energize timer has been reduced from 8 seconds to 5 seconds.
Mutant Champions (Paired with #Mercenary or #Guardians of the Galaxy)
  • Mutant Champions can now inflict Bleed Passives on the Defender when they Stun them and earn Cross Charges each time the Defender is inflicted with a Bleed effect via the buffs Bloody Barb and Bleeding Edge.
  • Obstinate Charge: Added a cooldown of 8 seconds to the Stun Immunity when it triggers. This should allow more opportunities to Stun without needing to fully rely on re-parrying.
Questions? Ask them in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer them!

Comments

• TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Also if the buffs will be split, what will.happen to the other chapters. Will it be classed based or tag based?
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

So what happened. We won’t be changing cav eq nodes for a while? 3 months later ya changing em. Typical kabam. You can’t keep your word

I mean, if you want to go back to just the Tags, we can do that :tongue: I don't think that's what anyone wants tho.

We did say that the Tag Buffs would be coming back. but not all at once.

What that say? Not anytime soon.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

So what happened. We won’t be changing cav eq nodes for a while? 3 months later ya changing em. Typical kabam. You can’t keep your word

I mean, if you want to go back to just the Tags, we can do that :tongue: I don't think that's what anyone wants tho.

We did say that the Tag Buffs would be coming back. but not all at once.

What that say? Not anytime soon.
    It says these will be the last new buffs added for a while. Nothing about changing the nodes to the players benefit 🤦‍♂️ It's like you want the game to suck just so you can complain.
    Lmfao that funny. There no benefit when only half get buffed. That’s like painting a turd. It’s still a turd
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    I honestly wasn’t hoping for anything new, just the rotation of class nodes. I feel like EQ is made to be kinda simple
  • Noble034Noble034 Posts: 86
    I actually quite enjoyed the champion tag based buffs: made it so I used champs I don't normally use and take more advantage of my roster than usual, it was extremely fun trying out different champs, or older champs that I haven't used in a long while.

People just like to complain for no reason. Newsflash, it's Cavalier difficulty: it's supposed to be hard, or challenging and not for everyone. If you don't have the roster to keep up with the requirements and difficulty, then either put more effort into the quests, or pass on the opportunity for rewards if all you want to do is complain 😂
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Idk why people are focusing on the tag thing specifically when we literally have an entire class attached with them.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Still loving the dodgeball reference.

That's the only bit I understood.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Interesting lets find out
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    This is objectively better than both of the previous setups. It used to just be class based, and then tag based. Now, it’s both. This should open up the roster requirements well (except for GOTG, they still kinda stink)
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    I think this looks fun, although I am unclear about one thing: Do you need to bring champs that have both the class and tag to get the benefit? It says “paired with”.
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★

I think this looks fun, although I am unclear about one thing: Do you need to bring champs that have both the class and tag to get the benefit? It says “paired with”.

No you don't. You can choose if bringing champions of the right class or the right tag, probably there will be champions who benefit from both and I guess they would be even better but it not necessary.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Steam97 said:

No you don't. You can choose if bringing champions of the right class or the right tag, probably there will be champions who benefit from both and I guess they would be even better but it not necessary.
    Thank you.
  • Noble034Noble034 Posts: 86

Noble034 said:

I actually quite enjoyed the champion tag based buffs: made it so I used champs I don't normally use and take more advantage of my roster than usual, it was extremely fun trying out different champs, or older champs that I haven't used in a long while.

People just like to complain for no reason. Newsflash, it's Cavalier difficulty: it's supposed to be hard, or challenging and not for everyone. If you don't have the roster to keep up with the requirements and difficulty, then either put more effort into the quests, or pass on the opportunity for rewards if all you want to do is complain 😂

I disagree with your first statement meanwhile partially agree with second

Argument for your first statement
    Problem was not the tag system or tag buffs. Problem was that the more than half of tag based champs(which were targeted during month) were failing short due to their own kit in relation to buffs which node gave them and punishment was too harsh comparing to previous months. There is another aspect to it too. Half of the champs during that month which supposed to be used were either meme or kind of average and hence many people didn't had them ranked them up. So it created more boring fights and resulting the goal of content failing again. Simple example, in that month you should have used IG iron man and record hus damage output plus utility in relation to the nodes in that chapter with keeping in mind how good or easily his kit was workings with it all. Now use OG Spidey or underrated champ like LC in FEB eq and see the damage output and utility based upon node meanwhile how their own kit were complementing the node.

Completing the Eq is not big deal. People can explore it without the said champs who benefit from buff nodes (class based eq). You can use double immune champ in mutant chapter on bio hazard theme.
    Problem is that the if something meant to deliver something to the player base, it should atleast have some positive impact. Missing that mark imo is bad for the direction of game.
    Your whole argument basically translates to "EQ was more challenging because the nodes don't benefit me, or my good champs as much" lol.

Why is Kabam obligated to make the "hardest" difficulty of the event quest easy for everyone?

Why are they obligated to focus on champs with useful kits in relation to the nodes, as opposed to older champs who won't benefit as much?

My only gripe with the current class based node system, is that it gets repetitive. Off the top of my head, the 2 champs I use monthly for Cav quest per class are:
    Tech: G99, Warlock
    Mutant: OR, Domino
    Mystic: BWCV, Doom
    Science: Torch, LC
    Skill: NF, BWDO
    Cosmic: Angela, Hype

I basically use these 2 champs per class mission on a monthly basis and explore cav difficulty with ease. With the tag system, I was able to bring in different champs and "challenge" myself. Granted, I still finished with the use of any boosts or items, but I enjoyed mixing things up a bit and straying away from my usual beyond God tier champ line up.

You might view this as failed content, but I view the change up as a success! Many in my alliance hated it and would probably agree with you lol, but I really enjoyed the change of pace and stuff. Maybe the fact that I have a larger roster (2.3m rating) allowed me for more options and opened up more possibilities for counters, who knows, but either way, I found the change to be refreshing
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    Just show us all the mighty charge and unblockable nodes you’re using this month…

In before the monthly recurring, “Use white mags with prefight…” suggestion.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Noble034 said:

Noble034 said:

I disagree with your first statement meanwhile partially agree with second

Argument for your first statement
    Problem was not the tag system or tag buffs. Problem was that the more than half of tag based champs(which were targeted during month) were failing short due to their own kit in relation to buffs which node gave them and punishment was too harsh comparing to previous months. There is another aspect to it too. Half of the champs during that month which supposed to be used were either meme or kind of average and hence many people didn't had them ranked them up. So it created more boring fights and resulting the goal of content failing again. Simple example, in that month you should have used IG iron man and record hus damage output plus utility in relation to the nodes in that chapter with keeping in mind how good or easily his kit was workings with it all. Now use OG Spidey or underrated champ like LC in FEB eq and see the damage output and utility based upon node meanwhile how their own kit were complementing the node.

Completing the Eq is not big deal. People can explore it without the said champs who benefit from buff nodes (class based eq). You can use double immune champ in mutant chapter on bio hazard theme.
    Problem is that the if something meant to deliver something to the player base, it should atleast have some positive impact. Missing that mark imo is bad for the direction of game.
    Your whole argument basically translates to "EQ was more challenging because the nodes don't benefit me, or my good champs as much" lol.

Why is Kabam obligated to make the "hardest" difficulty of the event quest easy for everyone?

Why are they obligated to focus on champs with useful kits in relation to the nodes, as opposed to older champs who won't benefit as much?

My only gripe with the current class based node system, is that it gets repetitive. Off the top of my head, the 2 champs I use monthly for Cav quest per class are:
    Tech: G99, Warlock
    Mutant: OR, Domino
    Mystic: BWCV, Doom
    Science: Torch, LC
    Skill: NF, BWDO
    Cosmic: Angela, Hype

I basically use these 2 champs per class mission on a monthly basis and explore cav difficulty with ease. With the tag system, I was able to bring in different champs and "challenge" myself. Granted, I still finished with the use of any boosts or items, but I enjoyed mixing things up a bit and straying away from my usual beyond God tier champ line up.

You might view this as failed content, but I view the change up as a success! Many in my alliance hated it and would probably agree with you lol, but I really enjoyed the change of pace and stuff. Maybe the fact that I have a larger roster (2.3m rating) allowed me for more options and opened up more possibilities for counters, who knows, but either way, I found the change to be refreshing
    1)Nah none of the eq were challenging enough. Only november one was actually creative with mini boss. I am not best player nor have the god like skills like many forum people have. But still I have managed to explore every eq with in hours in 1 day without single revive with only some pots used.

2) now to your 2 and 3rd statement. Kabam is not obligated to anyone to make content easy than said benchmark.
    Now to your next statment, if game team makes a quest to function in way but it does not, as player/customer i have every right to speak about it. If some specific champs supposed to be meant to be function according the situation which game dev themselves created ,and yet it failed to do so then yes as player/customer it impacts our satisfaction. Simple example:- in class based system OG iron man, Og spidey,Imiw,LC, Ebony maw, rouge and many average champs or meme champs were usable as kit and theme were complementing. Now take some of this champs in tag based like OG iron man or other champs who are in both tag and class themes, in tag they not only under perfomed pls it was senseless how they supposed to work and how actually they worked. Its not about damage, its about the direction of game. I dont like a content where dev provides something yet the basic structure of that thing fails. Realistically more than half of champa were unused. Aa usual i picked same old team and blasted it away. But then again what even point of introducing such theme if its not usable

3)now to your next statment how you use only 2 champs. Honestly you can use anyone. Its your choice which champ you will use. And with new theme you challenged yourself with bringing new champs. Now for me i always pick champs i like and have fun yet they are effective like others. My 4 star rouge and LC destroyed their chapter most of the time. Even my og spidey was having blast. HTD,IMIW,MS,ebonymaw,wasp,OG iron man,Cullobisidian,Blade,terrax, annihilus , and many others were used by me. because it was my challange and fun. And they did fantastic job. Cuz the end goal of theme (class based) one was to benefit them and thus increased their usability. On other hand tag ones did not in practical grounds.

4) to your final statement, I don't see it full fail but partial fail due to lazy and rushed work imo. More than 90% players i know via game, discord or line app didn't liked it not because it was hard or something like that but rather bogus fights.
    You have 2.3 m rating and that's quite awesome. Tho I am also trying to expand my roster too. Since I my mini is my main now, it only reached 1.2 m rating only. So quite frankly I have most of those people call God tier or something at high ranks but still focusing on ranking niche one too. Maybe that's why i was finding more reason to use the old characters more in daily content cuz they have little bit hard time In endgame content.

So Im conclusion, I just don't like the half baked work where the basic structure fails to prove the worth. That's it.
    Sorry for long write up and typos
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★

I honestly wasn’t hoping for anything new, just the rotation of class nodes. I feel like EQ is made to be kinda simple

It is if your Thonebreaker. For a cav player it might be tough while you working on doing Cav to get material to rank up to become Thonebreaker. I think you're looking for a Thronebreaker difficulty but they dont have one sadly. Many of us are still waiting.