**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Comments

• Options
    Po6kaPo6ka Posts: 11
    Damn, the game hung up after the first match… it was fun before then though. Will be a good time once server issues are resolved.
  • Options
    Filar25Filar25 Posts: 6
    So I tried searching for the answer but is this actually live 1 on 1 or is it still me versus AI? Thanks
  • Options
    FlameGodFlameGod Posts: 36
    Filar25 said:

So I tried searching for the answer but is this actually live 1 on 1 or is it still me versus AI? Thanks

It's you vs AI, basically like fighting an AW defender. It's like AW solo mode and all defenders are placed on the same node. It's still 1v1 though since the opponent is fighting your defenders and it's happening in real time, so you both start and end the fight within the same time limit.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,496 ★★★★★
    Karate Mike has been encountering a bug where the game will tell him during draft that he’s fighting one champ but it will change to another champ when the fight starts. That’s absolutely game breaking and unacceptable for that to be happening. How can you play the mode if you just don’t know who you’re fighting? Ridiculous
  • Options
    Maratox said:

Karate Mike has been encountering a bug where the game will tell him during draft that he’s fighting one champ but it will change to another champ when the fight starts. That’s absolutely game breaking and unacceptable for that to be happening. How can you play the mode if you just don’t know who you’re fighting? Ridiculous

Thank you!! 🙌
  • Options
    FlameGod said:

Filar25 said:

It's you vs AI, basically like fighting an AW defender. It's like AW solo mode and all defenders are placed on the same node. It's still 1v1 though since the opponent is fighting your defenders and it's happening in real time, so you both start and end the fight within the same time limit.
    Thank you for this
  • Options
    I've already seen a bunch of people complaining about server issues and so far the game mode is not playable imo.

Issues/bugs I've experienced so far in the 2 ranked matches i played:

Pick phase - When I select my Champs to use and I am offered 2 of 5 Champs to pick from, 1 of the 2 Champs changes into an option I did not choose. It locks in with the champ I chose then after the portrait flashes, I get a disconnect sign and after the champ is locked in, it will change the portrait to a champ I didn't select.

Select attacker phase - same issue as above where I chose Shang chi and locked it in but after the timer ended it changed my selection to falcon. I lost this battle as a result.

Battle phase - the timer ended, but my opponents match results never loaded. I was stuck in battle grounds and received an error message before the app force closed itself. When I loaded back into the game, I won the ranked match without winning any of the 3 rounds (match results does not show that I was the winner of round 1).

Battle phase - the game disconnected while loading into the second battle, it took some time before it asked me to reconnect (green button). When I clicked the reconnect button, the game loaded into a black screen with a white timer at the top counting down from 59 seconds. I closed the app and reloaded it. When I reconnected this time inwas loaded into my battle, but the timer was at 20 seconds remaining and both mine and the enemy hp bars were at 100%. I lost this battle because the enemy remaining hp was 90% while my opponent probably had the full 2 minutes to fight and got my defender down to 40% hp.

In general - load times are slow, there is a lot of lagging at the picks and bans phase, and there is a lot of disconnecting from the server.

• Options
    One more question. Sorry if it's dumb. I read that when you ban the opponents attackers you can't use those attackers either. So does that mean I now have 6 total attackers I can't use?
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,496 ★★★★★
    Filar25 said:

One more question. Sorry if it's dumb. I read that when you ban the opponents attackers you can't use those attackers either. So does that mean I now have 6 total attackers I can't use?

Yes assuming both of you ban unique champs. Can’t use those champs on defense either
  • Options
    Filar25 said:

Essentially yes, but just to be clear it's not 6 champions you can't use. It's 3 to 6 champions you can't use because you may not own some of the Champs your opponent owns, so banning a champ you don't own will not affect your options for selecting your 6 of 7 Champs to be used in the battle phase.
  • Options
    FlameGod said:

Filar25 said:

Essentially yes, but just to be clear it's not 6 champions you can't use. It's 3 to 6 champions you can't use because you may not own some of the Champs your opponent owns, so banning a champ you don't own will not affect your options for selecting your 6 of 7 Champs to be used in the battle phase.
    Got it. Thanks. I don't like that. Should just ban on their end. But what do I know.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Awesome.should we keep trying for matches or check back later?
  • Options
    PsyGrinder_XPsyGrinder_X Posts: 58
    Been trying to get a match made all afternoon. Still haven't been able to fight because I'm not getting a match. Was so excited. Not now.
    Busted.
  • Options
    Cris_leonCris_leon Posts: 8
    Interante modalidad de juego, pero concuerdo con varios aspirantes con respecto al coste de energía que se va a tener que pagar cómo entrada, quizás lo mejor sea crear un nuevo tipo de pago para este evento, tal cuál cómo se hace con las guerras y gestas, también sería muy viable utilizar cupones gratuitos diarios cómo los duelos de arenas. También creo que deberían implementarse hojas de maestrías, ya que el costo es elevado para cualquier modo de juego en el que se necesite hacer un cambio.
  • Options
    Nephew_4716Nephew_4716 Posts: 3
    It's bad enough that it doesn't have It's own form of energy currency like AW or AQ but I can't even get a match to see what the mode is like for myself. I have been trying for hours! Guess you need to be a YouTuber or CCP member to get one.
  • Options
    McmissileMcmissile Posts: 36
    Hi, I have been trying battleground beta since 1pm and have not even see the face of a “accept fight” screen. Any news on fix?
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Will our rating at the end of this beta and the next carry over to when it goes live officially or no?
  • Options
    tja2015tja2015 Posts: 5
    Mcmissile said:

Hi, I have been trying battleground beta since 1pm and have not even see the face of a “accept fight” screen. Any news on fix?

same here, been trying for over 3 hours. i give up. gonna use those energy refills for questing instead. The Battleground Beta is busted. I'll hold out for next month
  • Options
    Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    I’ve only been able to play 2 matches this was right a the beginning of launch, both fights were bugged.

Match one played two fights the second fight the defender that was picked was not the champion I was supposed to fight. Instead it was the champion I fought previously.

Second match played one fight all the way through before the no signal icon kept flashing until it kicked me from the battlegrounds and I have not been able to find a match since.
  • Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45
    i can't find any match just waiting...
  • Options
    CRYO_88CRYO_88 Posts: 57
    To bad i can't actually play battlegrounds 20 minutes and no match