Who are the best power control champs?

NEOGNONEOGNO Member Posts: 116
Who are the best power control champs? It's really annoying when the AI just saves up for sp3 so...

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Doom
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    Spidey2099 with anti venom synergy
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    For me:
    1) Doom
    2) Vision OG - duped
    3) Warlock

Others: Magik, Hulkbuster,
  • SaiyanSaiyan Member Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Yall gotta give reasons for why, don't just say. I'm gonna be objective as to who I pick not who I like.

1. Doc Ock (awakened is better)
    2. Dormammu.
    3. Vision OG (awakened)

Reason being, all 3 can start off any fight with power control.

Dorm can do a double Medium and have instant drain with which you can do straight to his sp2 then you can lock them down all match. It's better than Magik since leading up to her SP2 she can't do anything at all power control wise. He's also better than Doom since you need to at least be at a Sp1 with Doom.

Doc is the only champ in game where you can start a fight, do nothing at all but dash back and if they have power gain passively (Havok, Hype, nodes, etc) he will apply a power lock preventing them from getting a bar of power. If the enemy is Hyperion with 100000% enhanced ability power gain, Doc can either prevent him from seeing a single bar of power all fight of lock him down after he uses a single sp1. Warlock is ok but he can't shut down alot of fights with massive power gain like Doc since Warlock only has power drain and not lock, it could allow some champs or nodes to bypass it.

OG Vision, pretty simple since he just starts with bars of power to instantly power drain then gains power throughout the fight to continue to do so. He is 3rd for me because all he does is drain and not lock which CAN get by him in some cases where as Dorm can drain on his mediums and Doc can lock AND steal power.

S2099 is great but not as great as Doc and Dorm since he can't really do much vs power gain RATE (from getting hit) so nodes like Aspect of Evo MIGHT be alittle much for him. Same goes for other champs who only reverse power but not lock it or reduce combat power rate like Mr. Neg, Anti Venom, Void, Capiw, She Hulk, etc. Sometimes you want more than reverse power gain.

Hulkbuster is ok but if you miss the block break on SP2 then there is no drain and if you're using his sp3 for power control then the fight itself isn't that serious or you'll take alot of damage before you use that sp3. It's like using S2099 to counter Evade/Unstoppable. Yeah he can do it but waiting till a SP3 in a hard fight only make it harder.

Someone might float Psylocke but any enemy with passive power gain messes up her 0 bar lock down and her sp1 only draining 25% means if say a Hyperion gets to 3 bars, you use a sp1, he doesn't cross that bar of power, unless your Psylocke is close to another sp1 then it might be game over if he doesn't throw his sp2 since she has that stupid -25% power gain rate on attacks.
  • GopireddyGopireddy Member Posts: 15
    doom , vision , hb ,magik
  • LordHereticLordHeretic Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking for champs that nullify power gain I don't want power drain, power steal champs. I need champs that just don't allow power gain. If I was looking for power control I'm champ I would go with White Tiger she has power steal and it's way be
  • ExergisExergis Member Posts: 38
    Hulkbuster, Hood, Punisher 2099, Fantman
  • Newman0067Newman0067 Member Posts: 118

It's not even close. Inconvenient sometimes? Absolutely but he is the best at power Control, hands down
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 164
    American Chavez with 2 to 3 rounds for her last dimension - completely reversed Hyperion power gain!
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    Noone even mentioned Claire, but she's my favorite. Just go to poison mode and sp2. Steals around 75% of a bar of power and simultaneously gains it too. If you or the defender is immune to something then she gets enough power to constantly spam sp2 while keeping defenders power just above 2 bars.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    Holdup, it's a 2022 thread lol
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Member Posts: 1,013 ★★★
    How has nobody mentioned Guilly2099?
  • BEA5T_FURYBEA5T_FURY Member Posts: 51
    Doom as long the node or champ doesn't prevent his mechanics
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Member Posts: 483 ★★★
    PSYCHO-MAN

I. REPEAT.

PSYCHO-MAN!

• TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,303 ★★★★★
    Suprised no one mentioning Hawkeye, hm.