**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fastest Legit battlegrounds fight

2»

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

If my tigra had suicides/was a 6* then the fight would have been faster

WTF HOW?? I thought Tigra applied Rupture, which triggers masochism healing, this is way too fast kill for a 5*
    Masochism counts as a buff, so neutralise shuts it down. Champs won’t regen from masochism if you have neutralise on them.
    Is this also true for stagger? Never heard of it before but also haven't had a neutralise champ.
    Stagger doesn’t work, stagger let’s the buff trigger momentarily and then removes it. It’s why Mystic dispersion triggers for stagger but not for neutralise

When tigra neutralises a buff, she doesn’t gain a burst of power from MD (but she may from her senses). But when you stagger the opponent, you’ll see the buff trigger very briefly and then get removed. Because of this, it’ll give your champion MD.

The way this interacts with masochism can be explained by imagining masochism as an instant buff. As soon as it triggers, it will regenerate. There’s no timer for this regen, it just happens.

Neutralise stops the buff ever triggering, so masochism doesn’t have the opportunity to do it’s regen. But Stagger lets masochism trigger before it tries to remove it. Because masochism is instant, in that short window where the buff is on screen before it’s staggered and removed, masochism is able to regenerate the opponent and then the stagger is consumed, even though the buff has already gone.

Another champ who has the same ability as tigra to do this is BWCV with her buff immunity, it can stop masochism from being able to proc its buff. And similarly but not quite the same, Morningstar awakened can proc her own regen buff if masochism is triggered because she copies regen buffs. I haven’t tested Hood, but I’m sure his fate seal works. I’m sure Mephisto’s soul thing on sp1 works, and I’m sure longshot’s sp2 will work.
    To add , using stagger to counter unstoppable is dangerous since they become unstoppable for a moment and if you strike them they can counter attack
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Post your fastest actually legit battlegrounds fight. Mine was 22 second with crossbones at max sig. guess who it was against!!

19 second, torch against mojo on sucides
  • Options
    AASHIR1AASHIR1 Posts: 1
    This is my fastest run so far
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Sorry to side track a bit and ask a question to all BG players.

Originally I suppose if both side can't KO opponent within 3 mins then the finish time should be the same, but actually it is not. What's the cause of such differences? Is it because of duration of SP3 animation not count as fight time, or the opposite? Thanks.

BTW, my fastest win is 6r4 Doom vs 5r5 Vision Aarkus. 16 secs.
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    stealthy vs scorpion in 19 seconds
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★

Pfft, I had one in 13 seconds. I lost... but it was still over in 13 seconds.

Picture or it didn't happen 😂
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    Mackey said:

Pfft, I had one in 13 seconds. I lost... but it was still over in 13 seconds.

Picture or it didn't happen 😂
    just try using a mystic against human torch and you will see
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★

WTF HOW?? I thought Tigra applied Rupture, which triggers masochism healing, this is way too fast kill for a 5*
    Masochism counts as a buff, so neutralise shuts it down. Champs won’t regen from masochism if you have neutralise on them.
    Is this also true for stagger? Never heard of it before but also haven't had a neutralise champ.
    Stagger doesn’t work, stagger let’s the buff trigger momentarily and then removes it. It’s why Mystic dispersion triggers for stagger but not for neutralise

When tigra neutralises a buff, she doesn’t gain a burst of power from MD (but she may from her senses). But when you stagger the opponent, you’ll see the buff trigger very briefly and then get removed. Because of this, it’ll give your champion MD.

The way this interacts with masochism can be explained by imagining masochism as an instant buff. As soon as it triggers, it will regenerate. There’s no timer for this regen, it just happens.

Neutralise stops the buff ever triggering, so masochism doesn’t have the opportunity to do it’s regen. But Stagger lets masochism trigger before it tries to remove it. Because masochism is instant, in that short window where the buff is on screen before it’s staggered and removed, masochism is able to regenerate the opponent and then the stagger is consumed, even though the buff has already gone.

Another champ who has the same ability as tigra to do this is BWCV with her buff immunity, it can stop masochism from being able to proc its buff. And similarly but not quite the same, Morningstar awakened can proc her own regen buff if masochism is triggered because she copies regen buffs. I haven’t tested Hood, but I’m sure his fate seal works. I’m sure Mephisto’s soul thing on sp1 works, and I’m sure longshot’s sp2 will work.
    To add , using stagger to counter unstoppable is dangerous since they become unstoppable for a moment and if you strike them they can counter attack
    I noticed this with the latest update. Unstoppable triggers for split second before it’s removed. I don’t believe it was ever like that.
  • Options
    StephD87StephD87 Posts: 64

• Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 505 ★★★
    I've achieved 25-30s multiple times but with the same champions - human torch, cosmic ghost rider and domino.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    Like 29 seconds of nimgod versus some random mutant
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    19 seconds tigra vs Sersi
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    22 seconds with 6r3 CGR in the Victory track.

Also - we don't talk about the root meta.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022

I've probably gotten a couple seconds faster, but these are some of the fastest in the last couple weeks. I also just like how great Tigra did against Havok since she definitely isn't an ideal counter.

Edit: also, rich get richer is so ridiculous with Hype. Two heavy attacks will get you to an SP2, proc a stun and you can get back to ann SP2 to finish off the fight. Crazy easy.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,764 ★★★★★
    Last season, during the Crit Me With Your Best Shot meta, I got two crazy wins - Storm vs Korg and Kingpin vs Terrax. One was 16 seconds, the other 17 seconds. Both wins were just two intercepts and an SP1. Couldn't believe my eyes. Those are the kinds of numbers that usually make me suspect that the other person is cheating.
  • Options

6* r4 hit monkey against 5* r4 hammy. not surprised it went so quick lol
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Uvogin said:

Stagger interacts strangely with this. The stagger gets removed but they regen nonetheless. Noticed this while using doom in bg
    I belive it's because Stagger nullifies the buff, while Neutralize is -100% buff AAR
  • Options
    avs7733avs7733 Posts: 46
    Waiting for somebody to post a 3 second fight against a 2* 🤣
  • Options
    RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    edited December 2022

That’s the fastest one I’ve had parry 5 hit combo into a SP2 bomb
  • Options
    Amit99Amit99 Posts: 27

• Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    20 seconds with a warlock against a havok.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Against a sandbagger, is that legit?

• Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    my fastest was a 16 second longshot vs Gorr it was nuts