**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's the most resources anyone has burned facing GM 6.4.6?

Curious because I'm just this one quest from TB but don't have too many revives and wouldn't wanna burn any saved units..

Only the champion on 6.2.6 burned my resources/units but GM doesn't look terrible from what I've seen outside of inverted controls on one phase

Any interesting experiences out there against GM or advice?

Comments

• Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    didn't spend units but I used like 2 team and 5 single to get him down
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    As my advice, don't get light intercepted. Thats how I died literally 50% of the time
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Considering that a small percentage of the players are on this forums, we likely won’t ever know the answer.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    800 units
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I used about 6-700 units
  • Options
    Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    Don't worry much about reversed controls, it occurs during wounded state usually and even otherwise GM has slow enough specials to adjust; just get used to of his sp 1 first beam, and use light intercepts (safer and helps); use corvus probably won't even need 500 units
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    About 800 units. Most were used on the path.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,673 Guardian
    I used like 1000 units or so because I was dumb and took the easiest path (the bottom one) that makes it so you can only take 3 blunders, but you retain 10 of the green tokens lol. This was also about a year ago haha.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I think the average is around 800 units, but it is easy to mess up on a fight like the GM and if you do not make it to the blunder phase, you will likely have done negligible damage. The fight is not the most difficult once you understand it well, but getting there is another story.

I think I used something like 800 units the first time but its been a year + since then, and my memory is pretty garbage.
  • Options
    AnotherVariantAnotherVariant Posts: 64
    Thanks for the tips guys.. I'm gonna do this quest as soon as I fill up my revives
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Atleast 1000 units and revives extra
  • Options
    Yup I'm at like 10 single revives, 2 team revives, a bunch of potions and almost 5000 units

I really don't wanna spend a single unit though, or atleast barely
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,754 ★★★★★
    I went in without any revives and potions since I'd made a beeline rush through Act 6.3 and 6.4 in order to become TB. When I finally reached the Grandmaster, I was both exhausted from that push and low on units. As such, he took forever to whittle down. I don't know exactly how many units I used since I had to grind for them in Arena over a week while my champions were stuck in that fight, but I would estimate that I landed in the ballpark of 2K units.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    A good idea is to grind out some 20% revives from 3.2.6. They are useful in GM's last phase if you find it difficult to intercept him.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,110 ★★★★
    Worst case? 2k units assuming no stash.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256393/how-many-units
    And that was me; used corvus with 3 charges to brute force him down as I only managed to get him wounded twice with g2099.

8m health with corvus; revive, 5k or 10k heal pot, try to get to sp2, die, revive, go again had no stash as I'd completed my first abyss run relatively recently before the GM push.
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna take mr sin for phase 3.. Dont have Charles
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    2-3 revives with next 5 months luck
  • Options
    mustgofastermustgofaster Posts: 87
    edited March 2022
    I had saved up over 9000 units for 6.2.6 Champion, thinking I might need a lot of revives to figure out the indestructible phase but then I got through him in about 4 single revives haha so I decided to head right through 6.3 & 6.4 and try the Grandmaster. Pretty sure I used several thousand units on the Grandmaster, overall I didn't find the fight itself (despite using THAT many units) too bad...EXCEPT his SP1, I would get clipped each and every single time without fail, so began the long and painful revive train until I got him down.

It probably would have cost more if I didn't bring Prof X for reverse controls phase, I'll never get that feature down and I have no plans to spend time practicing it.

One day I may work on exploring Act 6 and the Grandmaster but I'll likely wait until I have 7* or 1 diamond or whatever the next evolution of champs are.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    20-25 revives on GM with aegon no reverse control counter. I wouldn’t say don’t worry about it, the reverse controls kick in when you have to finish one more objective in the end phase to wound him. If you don’t play well with reverse controls then you should definitely have someone to help on that phase.