**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gamora buff details - changes listed

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
Light attacks
35% chance for a 9 second 609.3 attack fury buff -> 65% chance for a 14 second 389.9 attack fury buff

Medium attacks
35% chance for a 207.7 cruelty buff for 9 seconds -> 65% chance for a 65.0 cruelty buff for 14 seconds

Buff duration bonus for duration of fight bonus unchanged
+1.5% duration of buffs for each second, max 60%

Miss counter
10 buffs -> 8 buffs

Special attacks
Godslayer bonus unchanged

Sp1 unchanged (new animations though)

Sp2 unchanged

Sp3
True strike duration 9 seconds -> 14 seconds

Signature ability unchanged

Let me know if I've missed anything

Overall I think it seems to have made her much easier to play, but I do still really dislike the Sp3 for true strike. The ease to get buffs is way easier, and the duration increase will be nice, having furies and cruelties lasting 22.4 seconds and way easier to get them may be easy enough to keep up 8 buffs for a miss counter. I do think her heavy animation should change, it takes too much time up after you refresh. Looks like a decent update, much better than PsychoMan, but I don't think it's going to blow anyone away. Looking forward to testing if her issues have been solved.

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    She seems to have gotten a Masacre-like buff, which I think is fair enough. Basically just more ease-of-use, which I think is what she lacked and what wasn't added in her previous buff.

As for wanting her heavy animation to change - maybe it has? Wasn't she one of the champs that were supposed to get new animations? I don't remember her heavy animation and I don't have a Gamora myself so I don't know if it is, as you say, impacting her ability to refresh buffs. But that could potentially be a change they made? We'll have to wait and see, I guess. I haven't read anything other than what you've written.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

That's some Ebony Maw level stuff right there

Ebony maw is a fun champ after his buff, and his other buff, and his other buff

I really like using mine
    Mine is at R3 & I also gave him a few sig stones...but that still doesn't mean his buffs were succesful or at the least meaningful
    I use him for some crit cheese, but other than that it's mostly just a defensive rank-up for most of the community, specially with the battlegrounds coming soon
    He would've been alright if he ws released as such, but a champ who got so many buffs shouldn't still be at the level where he is
    He has some good things in his kit & it will take very little to improve him substantially, but currently he's not a commodity to be proud of after those buffs
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    He's definitely underrated. He's not one of the top mystics but he's much better than a lot of people think. It's still unfortunate the timing window for his damage is so tight on getting the sp2 off during his falter
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    He's definitely underrated. He's not one of the top mystics but he's much better than a lot of people think. It's still unfortunate the timing window for his damage is so tight on getting the sp2 off during his falter
    Against non-cosmics I tend to just throw my special so that the second two hits definitely hit during the falter. Better than not getting the refresh IMO. Depends on the timing, and when you’re comboing the opponent leading up to the falter
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    Agree.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    Against non-cosmics I tend to just throw my special so that the second two hits definitely hit during the falter. Better than not getting the refresh IMO. Depends on the timing, and when you’re comboing the opponent leading up to the falter
    Yeah, it's definitely manageable, but just feels unnecessarily tight to me. If you got the max degens as long as the sp2 connects while falter is up, I'd like it a lot more.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Can you still refresh the buffs with a heavy? If not I'm not so sure that's a buff.

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    Yeah, it's definitely manageable, but just feels unnecessarily tight to me. If you got the max degens as long as the sp2 connects while falter is up, I'd like it a lot more.
    Yes it definitely is unnecessarily tight, it doesn’t need to be that short a window. He wouldn’t be broken with a bigger one. I feel that the window that you get for cosmics should just be the standard one.

Can you still refresh the buffs with a heavy? If not I'm not so sure that's a buff.

Yes! Sorry I should have put heavy unchanged
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    Mine is at R3 & I also gave him a few sig stones...but that still doesn't mean his buffs were succesful or at the least meaningful
    I use him for some crit cheese, but other than that it's mostly just a defensive rank-up for most of the community, specially with the battlegrounds coming soon
    He would've been alright if he ws released as such, but a champ who got so many buffs shouldn't still be at the level where he is
    He has some good things in his kit & it will take very little to improve him substantially, but currently he's not a commodity to be proud of after those buffs
    I really strongly disagree. He’s a cosmic killing machine, power control monster (seriously, best Aarkus counter in the game, you just steal and get permanent power gain buffs) and his degen gives him really respectable damage for mid-long fights.

Such an underrated champ, I can tell because people still make posts on the forum about “Ebony maw level buffs” being bad.
    Power control...yeah he's pretty good at that though with some limitations
    Cosmic killing machine.....I doubt it, unless u're using that machine to kill AW or Variant level healthpools & even at that he doesn't work like a killing machine unless u get some perfectly timed Sp2
    Many champs would be done with the fight by the time this killing machine does it's work, & his utility is okayish but not great enough to compensate for the lack of damage
    But still....if u think he's a killing machine then good for u
    Whatever makes ur experience enjoyable
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

She seems to have gotten a Masacre-like buff, which I think is fair enough. Basically just more ease-of-use, which I think is what she lacked and what wasn't added in her previous buff.

As for wanting her heavy animation to change - maybe it has? Wasn't she one of the champs that were supposed to get new animations? I don't remember her heavy animation and I don't have a Gamora myself so I don't know if it is, as you say, impacting her ability to refresh buffs. But that could potentially be a change they made? We'll have to wait and see, I guess. I haven't read anything other than what you've written.

Only special animations unfortunately

Ah, too bad.

But one thing I was thinking of, if they're updating Guardians of the Galaxy animations, is that it would be really cool if they added a similar system that the members of the Fantastic Four have where each synergy member gives each champion a slight animation change. That might be a lot of work but I think it would be really cool. It might not be as easy since the FF have very distinct powers and the Guardians don't really (in terms of what elements could be added to each other), but it would be dope if it were to happen.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    buff number 3, maybe 4, not sure
    and still, no one didn't use it, will use it now (except for testing in April),
    she will get another buff slot in this extremely slow buff program.
    I can't remember any good buff in the last 6 months!! and I'm not gonna waste my time to check for that lol

BTW, thanks for pointing out the updated info (although this should've been Kabam's job..)
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    Good.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

I really like using mine
    Good.
    I don't like using Ebony Maw.