Options

Who is/was the hardest Boss to Beat in the Story?

Who was/is the hardest Boss to beat when first released?

Who is/was the hardest Boss to Beat in the Story? 247 votes

The Collector 5.2.6
23%
Lightburn22benshbF4k3_GaM3rDarkrider05ChagaljsolopoloWerewrymCupidAssumedNamercm2017Logan00GoddessIliasMalreck04Raichu626MysterioGrootman1294MMaqsoodetgddhjjMaxGamingXva23 58 votes
Ultron 5.4.6
1%
KerneasUvoginBlizzard25RatedSViper 4 votes
Sentinel 6.1.6
0%
Spity68 1 vote
The Champion 6.2.6
27%
Madman_marvinCrys23danielmathRaganatorTendersquadJadedzuffyninexhelixScottryanLuciusVorenusthanks4playingbecokastKennadoNojokejaymcausticSw0rdMasterGarloTheHeroDeservedShajamTexas_11 67 votes
The Grandmaster 6.4.6
44%
DL864DeeparviFrostyEquinooxSpeedbumpCedricccMaverick75Anurag1606MagrailothosFitnesscwWardenclockCropDusterThatGuyYouSaw235TheCipeAanthoDe_Potato_SaladPanchulon21Lucky7LucianopseudosaneThefire13 109 votes
Kang 7.3.6
2%
Rbk19RasiloverSandeepSMajestyStrangecraft069 5 votes
Superior Kang 7.4.6
1%
AouxWouxbeaker1000Nightkiller7314 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    The Champion 6.2.6
    The champion forsure, on release there was literally only a handful of champs that cando it. Don't even get me started on the No Retreat node as well.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    The Collector 5.2.6
    I would Say The Collector because my Roster was pretty underdeveloped at the time.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    The Champion 6.2.6
    The champion was the first fight in the game you couldn't unit your way through. It was a huge wave of people quitting the game even after spending tons of money.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    The Collector 5.2.6
    Collector with 5/50s, ah the nightmares
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    The Champion 6.2.6
    H3t3r said:

Ice Phoenix back in i believe 2017.

Ooooooooh. Good one. The original Ice Phoenix was insane. First ever Uncollected monthly EQ Boss if memory serves. Only one counter (Iceman) and at most, all we had was rank 4 5*s too.
  • Options
    HunkyRangerHunkyRanger Posts: 78
    The Grandmaster 6.4.6
    I don't understand why many mention collector here,I have cleared him in 2018 and maybe the champs released before then were not effective or was he nerfed at some point and was easier after? Anyway I felt Grandmaster was the toughest
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    The Champion 6.2.6
    I used more units on The Champion than GM. Also, GM fight is actually much fun compared to The Champion. The second toughest I'd say Collector. Mostly because I got bodied by the unblockable special. Don't know what to do on that part.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    The Grandmaster 6.4.6
    I may get lot of disagree but many downplaying this old timer. Many said that except champion every boss can be powered through which is incorrect In terms of GM. He punishes more than Champion and need more precision and timing to play against.
    IMO he is still hardest boss in story ( collector in beginning was night mare but game meta has changed but GM still a road block for many. On my main account; I defeated pre nerf champion so I know what i am saying).
  • Options
    ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    For me it was gwenmaster 🥴
  • Options
    Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    Kang 7.3.6
    Petition to bring pre Nerf, 'the champion' fight back in some way or the other (not in the story quest); wanna wrestle the demon
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Act 3 Thanos
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    The Grandmaster 6.4.6

Based on the number of revives used it's superior Kang, used 65 revives on him.
    2nd Would be Grandmaster, on him i used 48 revives.

Missed by 4 revives :
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,752 ★★★★★
    Ultron 5.4.6
    I say this as someone who has beaten them all, 7.4.6 included. This boss is the hardest to this day and my worst nightmare
  • Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    The Collector 5.2.6
    You can either say it was 5,2 Collector or you can be wrong. Its that easy.

Sure, Collector can be a joke if you jump in there now with r3 or r4 6* champions. But with champions adequate for that content, there is no specific counter for that fight, no tactic, you just jump in and hope to get few % off of him.

Every other boss had some playstyle or some way to get him effectively down.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    The Collector 5.2.6
    The combination of bane, AAR, unstoppable and that overpowered tenacity of his when i fought him first he really massacred me. Now with easier availability of 5/65, 6 star rank 3s and above the fight is more bearable.
  • Options
    HunkyRangerHunkyRanger Posts: 78
    The Grandmaster 6.4.6
    Kennado said:

I don't understand why many mention collector here,I have cleared him in 2018 and maybe the champs released before then were not effective or was he nerfed at some point and was easier after? Anyway I felt Grandmaster was the toughest

2018 wasn't the true Collector experience. I know when I explored that map, 5/50 4*s were the meta. Only like 13-15 5* champs were in the game total and 5* shards were scarce. The luckiest of us had awakened r4 5* Starlord and that was the equivalent to having 6* r4 Herc in todays meta.
    Ok, if thats the case then compared to Champions available now ( 6* rank 3) to clear present bosses yeah I would agree that Collector might be the toughest to clear with 4* champs. I used 5* rank 4 champs to clear him for first time.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,413 ★★★★★
    The Grandmaster 6.4.6
    Toughest non-boss fight?

Pre-nerf Slashed-tires Juggernaut when you were greedy and took all the chests, leaving his link nodes up...