**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wish Crystal?

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
Is this still in development? How’s it looking? Is it truly a Wish Crystal or “I wish this was a crystal”?

Comments

• Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    I've heard about them a lot, still don't know what they are. Would anyone be kind enough too...
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

I've heard about them a lot, still don't know what they are. Would anyone be kind enough too...

As the name suggests, it’s supposed to be a crystal of champions you wish are in. For example, if you wanted 24 specific champions in one crystal - you would create that crystal for yourself.
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    i would love to see these crystals as part of some event as clearly kabam will not bring them as part of the game
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    They were able to pull off Nexus and Abyss Nexus crystals, so I'm sure the groundwork would be done for another crystal containing a specific choice of champs. I'd imagine the UI for choosing your champs would be comparable to Battlegrounds deck setup.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Siliyo said:

As the name suggests, it’s supposed to be a crystal of champions you wish are in. For example, if you wanted 24 specific champions in one crystal - you would create that crystal for yourself.
    As I recall, the idea was that you would build your own crystal pool of 30 champions. However, I think this was talked about in the capacity of a Cavalier crystal, so you’d still have rarity RNG in place.

From a technical perspective, this is a massive undertaking and one that I’m not sure the game can handle. In the past, Kabam has periodically had to force open certain old crystal types because they were cluttering up the servers. It doesn’t matter how many of a crystal are in the game, but it does matter how many unique crystal types there are currently out there. So occasionally, they force open some old ones to make room for new ones.

Wish Crystals are unique, customizable crystals. I’m lowballing this guess by saying there are millions of potential permutations. That could wreak havoc on the servers. These could be game breaking crystals, and very much not in the fun metaphorical way.

Beyond that, there would have to be a new mechanic created with which you would populate the crystal. Honestly, the Battlegrounds deck selection interface would probably be ideal as it is already designed to hold 30 champions. Sticking those champions into a crystal pool, though, still requires new tools to be created.
    I wonder how much it would hurt the servers to have a crystal that would only be created when you had enough shards or whatever to buy it, and then immediately started spinning. Sure, there would be a lot of individual crystals, but they would not be savable to your account, so they shouldn't build up in the same way. Not sure if this would be easy to code or not, but it seems like a possible solution.

Also, to the original question, I seem to remember them saying that it was not a fully formed plan and it would take a lot longer to be introduced. I doubt they have forgotten about it, but I would be surprised to see it any time in the next 6-8 months, if they ever actually get around to making it/them.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Carina's ultimate challenge. Complete abyss without using revives and you can choose your 6* champion. Audited by kabam to ensure no piloting.

Probs only a handful of people that can do it right now. Only two so far?

The challenge with something like this, is that kabam would have to make such a crystal available to whales first.

That's the real challenge here. Everyone wants something like this as an ultimate challenge reward. The reality is that it will be offered to whales first and foremost.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

They were able to pull off Nexus and Abyss Nexus crystals, so I'm sure the groundwork would be done for another crystal containing a specific choice of champs. I'd imagine the UI for choosing your champs would be comparable to Battlegrounds deck setup.

But you have no control over what Champions are in those crystals, you just decide which one you want from that set of options, meanwhile the whole point of a wish crystal is that you, the individual will choose all the specific Champions you want in that particular Crystal, so times that by however many players are in the game and suddenly you can see the issue of where this might cause more grief on the servers then they can handle and then all of a sudden it becomes one giant mess and everyone's cranky as opposed to now where they can't give it to us and still everybody's cranky.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    I don't remember when the idea was first brought up, but I do think it was before all of the parry/dex issues cropped up. If so, they might simply have had their hands full with that. While I doubt that the "fix the engine" and "create a new type of crystal" teams overlap significantly, I do also think that something potentially server-breaking (as @Wicket329 laid out) was probably put on the back burner until the game is in stable condition again.

It's a cool idea, though, so I would love to see it implemented down the line. I just hope they get the game back on its feet first, and I'm pretty sure Kabam agrees.
  • Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    Siliyo said:

Ohh, i guess for kabam they're too awesome to exist lol
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    I heard it was coming when they launch Bases….so “soon”
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    I found the this. I dont think that there is anything new
    Before this one it was supposed to be early June 2021
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    They had a kind of wish crystal last cyberweekend? 100 bucks got you champion you wanted from 2020 >.<
  • I found the this. I dont think that there is anything new
    Before this one it was supposed to be early June 2021

It's the "still providing updates throughout this progress" that made me think this was an April fools joke.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Will be mentioned in the next game roadmap in 2026
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I think you misunderstand what the wish crystal is... You wish it was here... and therefore you are wishing, and therefore Kabam did make the idea for crystal you are wishing for.... ergo you have your wish crystal.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,013 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

I agree with you on the UI portion, I imagine that would be the best way to populate the crystal.

Nexus and Abyss Nexus crystals are a very different animal than Wish crystals. A nexus has a definite pool from which it is pulling, just like any other crystal, to provide you with your options. A Wish crystal has an *indefinite* pool at time of reward. At the moment the game creates the data for this crystal, it is creating an entirely new, never before seen piece of architecture for itself based on player input.

This does not exist anywhere in the game currently. But now we’re talking not one player doing this, but thousands of them. Likely all at similar times, because that’s how rewards get doled out in game. I imagine that would be incredibly taxing on the game’s infrastructure.

I do not work in game design or anything remotely approximating the technical field, so take all of this with a grain of salt. I’m just drawing conclusions based on the information that we’ve been given in the past.