**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Random/interesting trend

JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,833 ★★★★★
Something I just noticed is that, from my point of view, kabam seems to make the 2nd and 3rd chapters in an act harder than the first and last ones.

I personally found 7.4 to be easier than 7.3 and 7.2, and I feel the same way toward post-nerf 6.3 and 6.2 quests when compared to 6.4 and 6.1. I'd also say the same for act 5. Back when I explored it I found 5.3 to be almost double the difficulty of 5.4, and I also found 5.2 to be a bit harder than 5.4 and 5.1

Thoughts?

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I found 5.4 harder upon its release then 5.3. 5.3 was just really really long. 5.2 was definitely harder than 5.1 since that was the first time for buffet and maso I believe.

6.1 wasn’t bad but easier then 6.2, 6.3 was easier imo then 6.4. Then I’d agree with act 7. 😂😂🤷‍♂️
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★
    It makes sense for the first chapter of an act to be the easiest, so I don’t think we need to get too far into the weeds on that one. As for why chapters two and three may be harder, it could be that new mechanics are tested in those chapters more so than in chapter one. 7.2 saw superiority, 7.3 saw paradox, for example.

These are new mechanics and although they do go through testing, no amount of testing will compare to the data acquired through live content. So when those mechanics are implemented into the fourth chapter, we see a more finely tuned iteration of them.

That’s just one possible explanation. Another would be that by making the beginning and ending of an Act easier, it incentivizes players who might not otherwise to go for exploration.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Paradox made everything harder. But I definitely agree with the act 6 trend. 7.2 wasn’t that bad for me. I found 7.3-4 the harder ones