**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The R4 Groot Gameplay we didn't know we deserved

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,139 ★★★★★
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
Just watched this R4 Groot Gameplay showcase, and I don't think I've ever been more amused and disappointed at a character's performance in the game to date.... If this isn't a definitive reason why we desperately need to bring back and ramp up the cadence/schedule of the old champ buff OVERHAUL program, I don't know what is... I'm pretty sure I have max rank 4's who hit harder and perform better than this lol

https://youtu.be/TJQjEPDZvgA

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    just why lol ... why would you waste the resources BUT we'll all be eating cake when the inevitable buff comes eh?? lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The ship has sailed. They're moving forward with the new system. You might as well accept it.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★
    Werewrym said:

The ship has sailed. They're moving forward with the new system. You might as well accept it.

Are you suggesting we shouldn’t want buffs for champs that are drastically underperforming in the contest?
    I can't see where you picked that out of their comment. I think they were just making claim that if kabam says they're doing something they're doing it. The team has communicated they're slowing down buffs so they'll do it even if there is tons of backlash. Take the rebalancing program for example
    Werewrym said:

Are you suggesting we shouldn’t want buffs for champs that are drastically underperforming in the contest?
    No, but I am suggesting that repeatedly posting objections to their new approach is beating a dead horse.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Just need a side to side comparison of r4 groot and r4 king groot gameplay.. U Will see what a king means ;)
    Guytennis said:

Werewrym said:

No, but I am suggesting that repeatedly posting objections to their new approach is beating a dead horse.
    So is repeating your opinion but you keep doing it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    How is it my opinion? It's a reality. They're moving forward with what they told us they were doing, and also indicated that it doesn't mean old Champs won't be revisited.
  • FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    Lol, catch the hype. In few days, he'll be forgotten (same as swedeah's brother acc with r4 doc.strange) - useless rank up 😂
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Werewrym said:

How is it my opinion? It's a reality. They're moving forward with what they told us they were doing, and also indicated that it doesn't mean old Champs won't be revisited.
    Werewrym said he wanted buffs for underperforming older champs. Kabam’s post said they were still going to look at old champs for future buffs. Why are you telling him the ship has sailed? He wants old champs buffed, kabam said they’re going to do that.

You make very little sense most of the time.
    Was I talking to him? Didn't Quote anyone. I was speaking to the OP's comment about bringing back the old cadence.
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said he wanted buffs for underperforming older champs. Kabam’s post said they were still going to look at old champs for future buffs. Why are you telling him the ship has sailed? He wants old champs buffed, kabam said they’re going to do that.

You make very little sense most of the time.
    Was I talking to him? Didn't Quote anyone. I was speaking to the OP's comment about bringing back the old cadence.
    Yes. 100% you quoted him. I think you’re starting to lose it. Please the the attached photo where you quoted him

He replied to me and I answered his question about my original comment. All you did was reply with the same miscommunication. The "ship has sailed" comment wasn't directed at him at all, so when you imply I said it to him, I'm going to clarify. You're really trying too hard.
    DrZola said:

Werewrym said:

But what if the horse deserves to be beaten repeatedly to make a point?

Medievals who stuck heads on pikes didn’t do much more to the already deceased owners of said heads, but they did send a message to other folks.

Dr. Zola
    Scare tactics? Lol.
  • We all should just bow down to this groot.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★

RicoShay said:

Werewrym said:

I can't see where you picked that out of their comment. I think they were just making claim that if kabam says they're doing something they're doing it. The team has communicated they're slowing down buffs so they'll do it even if there is tons of backlash. Take the rebalancing program for example
    You’re automatically assuming rebalancing is just for making champs worse. It is just as much about making bad champs usable
    I don't know how you picked that out of my comment? @TheBair123. I never said anything about the rebalancing program only making champs worse. I support the program so long as the kit is only tweaked slightly because arena grinders and spenders don't want to invest in a champ only to pull a portion of what they could be or to invest in hopes they get tuned up and when they do get a tune-up it could be disappointing. I was making mention of the backlash of the program from the community and kabam still going forward with it and how that relates to the topic at hand.