**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What am I missing with Spiderman 2099?

I’ve taken my unawakened 6 star to Rank 2 and I’ve done some testing in RoL.

For some reason, I’m not getting a Slow Debuff on the special 3 - I assume this is a bug. Nevertheless, I’m still massively underwhelmed with his damage. I don’t run suicides (other than Glass Cannon) but his hit count against Winter Soldier still averages about 270! To put that in comparison, my rank 2 unawakened Knull averages about 130.

Obviously, the slow debuff adds some damage but will it really make that much of a difference? So far I’m just not sold on Spiderman 2099. His health is low and his damage is lacking - at least unawakened with no slow debuff coming on the special 3.

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Spidey doesn’t shine in RoL type fights. He’s great where your wither is being put to work
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Forgot to add. The utility is where he really shines. He can deal with most mystics except for mephisto. Turns off spite, buffet, power snack, footloose, and has some great power control once you get the wither going. If you have anti venom, he will start the fight with a wither already and in most cases the fight will be under control from the start.

Is there any effective rotation on him? Thanks.
    I don’t have 6* but I’m thinking whether to r5 a 5* version.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Fights with healthpools around 150k-200k you should be fine if you throw a few heavies to place exhaustions and 1 or 2 sp1s to get the physical vulnerabilities going. After that go for sp2 and if they aren't dead by then just keep cycling sp2 for the big burst.

For healthpools around 250k or more I'd recommend going for the sp3 first to place the slow since it counts for 4 debuffs, then go for sp1, sp2 or just straight to sp2 while weaving in some heavies.

If you need the power control right away, build to sp2 first to place the wither and a few heavies to slow down the power gain.

Always remember to dex often to keep pausing your debuffs.

EDIT: forgot to tag you @Reference lol
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Fights with healthpools around 150k-200k you should be fine if you throw a few heavies to place exhaustions and 1 or 2 sp1s to get the physical vulnerabilities going. After that go for sp2 and if they aren't dead by then just keep cycling sp2 for the big burst.

For healthpools around 250k or more I'd recommend going for the sp3 first to place the slow since it counts for 4 debuffs, then go for sp1, sp2 or just straight to sp2 while weaving in some heavies.

If you need the power control right away, build to sp2 first to place the wither and a few heavies to slow down the power gain.

Always remember to dex often to keep pausing your debuffs.

EDIT: forgot to tag you @Reference lol

Thanks a lot for detailed guidance😉
  • cur53dcur53d Posts: 289 ★★
    Take him to r3 and bring him to AW and have fun soloing the boss
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    I was really underwhelmed with Spidey99 at first, but over time I’ve come to appreciate what he has in his locker. He’s not a champ for all occasions, but there are times when he really shines. Plus I love his animations and how smooth he is to fight with,
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I felt like the sig stones he got were very well spent. At sig 100, ruptures have a 54.6% chance to refresh. That’s a huge bump. If you get a heavy and a special 1 before your special 2, you’ll get a ton of burst damage. Resonate mastery also helps there. He’s also great on certain cavalier EQs