As a guy that doesn’t want to spend hours on an arena grind, how do you get gold?

Sammy0421HSammy0421H Member Posts: 92
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I normally rely on the side event, but there isn’t any there either
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Arena. Not the answer you’re looking for, but it’s the best one. There are other avenues such as:
    - Incursions,
    - Variants,
    - Story content like Acts 6 & 7,
    - Monthly event quests, or
    - Duping champs and selling the Iso bricks,

but nothing beats Arena overall.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,406 Guardian

I normally rely on the side event, but there isn’t any there either

Some side quests have a lot of gold, some don’t. If you aren’t going to grind arena, you have to take whatever opportunities you do get when you get them. A couple months ago there was a ton of gold if you chose the right options in the store, and I basically bought nothing but those on my second alt account that I never grind on, just to stock up. I got a few million gold and a lot of crystal shards, which translates to champion drops that duplicate to ISO, that if I don’t use I can sell for gold.

It isn’t a huge amount of gold, but it is either that or spend. You spend time, or you spend money, or you have patience.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    dont spend hours on arena, spend the hours on incursions
  • ReferenceReference Member Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    If you roughly know your gold usage pattern, then accumulate 5x or 6x of that amount before doing any spending and gradually you will start accumulate gold.

I have gold issue back in 2017/18. Normally I rank up whatever I have in roster, max out all 1-3*, at least r3 for 4*, at least r2 for 5* and r1 in full for 6*. I stop doing so until I accumulate upto 3mm gold and then restart this rank up practice again. My gold didn't go down since then and gradually reached 60mm in 2020, then it run down to 35mm level since I start rank up more 6* and don't open gold crystals unless kabam offer gold boost (so, 1 or 2 opening windows in each year). Now I have over 1000+ gold crystals in various form.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,799 ★★★★★
    -Try to target UC Gold crystals from 7 hour/22 hour solo events
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Member Posts: 279 ★★★
    Some good tips in here. Also:
    - Always sell your basic ISO (it’s more expensive to use)
    - Summoner Sigil gives a little gold along with a lot of other benefits every week
  • solopolosolopolo Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Solo events are one of the easiest ways to stack up gold via Uncollected crystals.

22hr events guarantee you at least 3 crystals (2 from the last milestone, 1 from rank rewards) for completing all milestones along with the bits of gold you get from the lower milestones, and going for 1-10% nets you 7 crystals total.

I don't know the exact cutoffs, but I've always gotten 1-10% in Hero Use by hitting a little over 1mil, and 130k+ in Level Up. Those are the easiest to hit. At work I sometimes throw together a team of 6*s, auto-play through Road to the Labyrinth, put my phone in my pocket and check every few minutes to move to the next quest. Gets you about what you need to max Hero Use milestones with 1 full bar of energy. 3 repeat runs and you have your 7 crystals.

7hr events only give you 1 crystal, but you can complete multiple per day, Class Use being the easiest. Class Advancement can sometimes line up well with Level Up as well.

Each Uncollected crystals has a minimum of around 20k, so it's very easy to average 150k+ gold per day, all milestones included.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Member Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    You actually dont have to spend HOURS in arena. You could also do only the basic arena. It only takes about 40-45 rounds to complete. That is roughly 15 a day. with a decent mastery setup that is less than half an hour.
    It might not put you in a huge plus. But it will keep you away from having no gold when you need it.