**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Quality of Life Improvements coming in v35.0

edited April 2022 in General Discussion
Greetings Summoners!

I’m back again to give you all a sneak peek at some upcoming QoL features coming in the 35.0 build which releases on May 2nd!

Since I’ve last had a chance to write up a forum post, I’ve been actively trying to drop into live streams and chat with fellow summoners about the game. Many of the changes below have been inspired by those conversations and so I thank all of you who I’ve chatted with for the inspiration.

In my typical fashion, I’ll be starting with some more minor ones but will be getting progressively better as we go on. So without further delay let’s begin.

Showing Owned Catalysts in Tooltips

Will now display how many catalysts you currently own when tapping to see the tooltip of that particular catalyst.

Saving Last Played EQ Difficulty

We now internally save the last played EQ difficulty so if you are clearing a lower difficulty and come back it later, it will be at whatever difficulty you last played.

Crystal Screen Navigation Improvements

We’ve improved the logic on the crystal screen so when backing out of the selected crystal, the game will try to navigate you back to where you were in the scroll. This should hopefully avoid summoners having to constantly re-scroll back to where they were when opening crystals.

Return To Team Select in Quit Popup

When quitting out of quests there is now the option to return to team select in order to change up the champs you are using in that particular quest. For quests that are previewable, it will automatically put you in the preview state when clicking this button.

To do this change we had to remove the Go Back button, but its functionality is still in the X button or by simply tapping outside of the popup.

You won’t be stuck if you by accident press the quit button on the quest board. For those afraid of muscle memory kicking in and tapping the Team Select when you meant the go back button, we have put an additional dismissable warning popup on the team select button so you can’t quit out by accident while still getting used to it.

Synergy Champion Selection Rarity Improvements

We’ve added an ability to tap on the hero portraits while on the synergy popup to allow you to cycle through the available rarities of that champion. This means if you have a lower rarity synergy partner you want to bring in, you can get them on this screen and not have to go searching for them.

Rank Up Gem Selector

We’ve added the ability to select which rank-up gem you use on the upgrade screen. Whenever there is more than one available you will see the arrows allowing you to toggle between your available options.

Energy Overfill - Beta for new players

We are experimenting with energy overfill as a mechanic for new players starting in 35.0.

Traditionally if you used an energy item or leveled up and it would give you more energy than your cap, you would lose that excess energy. This hard cap has now been removed and you will gain the full amount of energy from that item or level up. As an example say on a level 60 account if you had 2 energy left and used a full energy refill you would be set to 72 energy, whereas before it would set you to the cap of 70.

A full energy refill’s value will depend on your individual energy cap, so if your energy cap is 50, a full energy refill will give you 50 energy. While at or above the cap, energy will not be gained over time and you won’t be able to continue to use more items. Overall this change is intended to make using full energy refills easier to use and also avoid those “feel bad” moments when levelling up while already near the energy cap. Also as an extra add-in while doing this we added the ability to use multiple small energy in one go. As mentioned above we are starting this for new users at first but hope to expand it in the future if all goes well.

That’s all for now. I hope you are as excited as I am for this release. Please let me know what you’re excited about the most below. As always if you have any suggestions on further QoL features let me know, can’t promise anything but I do note them down and talk with the team internally about as many as I can.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    The real hero of the contest right here.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Thank you Zero!!! Always excited to see what yall come up with.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The energy and replay quest changes is massive. Never fail to deliver kabam zero!
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Energy overfill is awesome and unexpected. We also have been wanting a rank-up gem selector for a long time, so that will be much appreciated. Thanks Zero!
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Wow, what a list
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    i love you, kabam Zero!
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 728 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    The synergy selector for rarities is the best for me. Will help me a lot when using 5*s in arena and building teams by synergies.

I assume it will default to the 6* (or the highest rarity I own of that champion). Could it be made that it defaults to the rarity I filtered by? For example, I'm doing basic arena, filter by 4* and the synergy champions I see available first are also 4*s.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Love the energy overfill

I've been wanting this one for a while myself.
    Count me one that’s to those it game changer
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,829 ★★★★★
    Zero is back again - wow! Great work!

Does that mean that I could use 3x full refills and have 210 Energie all at once? Amazing stuff
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★

Does that mean that I could use 3x full refills and have 210 Energie all at once? Amazing stuff

I’m thinking it won’t alive u to use multiple
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,829 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

I’m thinking it won’t alive u to use multiple
    🤔 possible my friend
  • ForwardForward Posts: 115 ★★

Sounds like you won't be able to push it over the max. Most energy you could have would be 139/70 would be my guess.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Awesome. Especially the Gem selection. That's been an issue for some time. Keep up the good work!
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Impressive. Every change in that list is totally awesome!