**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What if…

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
…Multiverse of Madness comes out and a new Doc is introduced into the game (call him “Defender Strange” for sake of discussion)?

History suggests Kabam is often unkind to the OG champs—notable examples include OG Spidey (lots of lost chances to boost with synergies) and OGCM. Plenty of times that were available to make the old champs relevant via synergy, but the team apparently decided to leave most of the old champs weak.

OGCM is perhaps one of the worst examples of elder abandonment/abuse in the game—the intro of CMM provided a synergy that made OGCM specials unblockable while fury was active (furies have a Kabam 11% chance to activate when she is being used as an attacker). Not a lot of love for the old Captain there. Others have gotten a little better treatment (Abom via RG, for example) while some have been all but abandoned (OGIM).

Why mention this now? First, because there’s apparently a newfound interest by the team in making older champs who are acquired by newer players useable (hello again, Gamora). Second, because it’s important to put it out there to the team (if they are designing a Defender Strange) that giving classic Doc some help would be warmly appreciated by the community. And third, because it would be the right thing to do after smacking classic Doc with 12.0 about as hard as anyone got smacked.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    I've lost hope they'll put any time into the OG defenders again
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Good idea. In before Porthos moves this to Suggestions and Requests and tells you to put it into the Character Wishlist
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

Good idea. In before Porthos moves this to Suggestions and Requests and tells you to put it into the Character Wishlist

To be clear, this is a “general” comment intended for “discussion” by the community. Members should weigh in with their thoughts on the likelihood of a Defender Strange as well as the welcome movement to make old champs relevant again like Gamora, as well as how best to achieve those goals.

Not a suggestion or a request in the slightest.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I don’t think there is a single person who believes pre nerf doctor strange would be OP in the current meta. I would love to just see him reverted back to his former self just for nostalgic reasons. He’d be a fun and decently useable champ, very sustainable which is good for new players.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,020 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

…Multiverse of Madness comes out and a new Doc is introduced into the game (call him “Defender Strange” for sake of discussion)?

History suggests Kabam is often unkind to the OG champs—notable examples include OG Spidey (lots of lost chances to boost with synergies) and OGCM. Plenty of times that were available to make the old champs relevant via synergy, but the team apparently decided to leave most of the old champs weak.

OGCM is perhaps one of the worst examples of elder abandonment/abuse in the game—the intro of CMM provided a synergy that made OGCM specials unblockable while fury was active (furies have a Kabam 11% chance to activate when she is being used as an attacker). Not a lot of love for the old Captain there. Others have gotten a little better treatment (Abom via RG, for example) while some have been all but abandoned (OGIM).

Why mention this now? First, because there’s apparently a newfound interest by the team in making older champs who are acquired by newer players useable (hello again, Gamora). Second, because it’s important to put it out there to the team (if they are designing a Defender Strange) that giving classic Doc some help would be warmly appreciated by the community. And third, because it would be the right thing to do after smacking classic Doc with 12.0 about as hard as anyone got smacked.

Dr. Zola

I didnt read it all year but yeah I highly think that Defender strange will come to the game next month, alongside Wong (I really hope he wont come next month but odds r he will) Defender strange is great but I would like the second champ to be one of the bad guys, would die for Shuma gorath but wont happen, if the second champ happens to be Chton (the author of the Darkhold) I'll lose my s***
    Anyway, hope we won't get leaks as of who is coming next month, I want it to be a surprise