**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bring back the 7.4 offer for the next 90 days

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
Many of us chose to clear 7.4 because we could. We chose not to buy the 10,000 unit offer because there wasn’t a title-based need for r4 champs, we were saving for July 4 or both. Now we’re faced with July 4 deals for TB players that are likely worse than Cyber Weekend 2021 (that’s what happened in 2020 when TB was created) and we missed a deal we would have taken if Kabam had been upfront with players.

Make the 7.4 10,000 unit offer claimable for the next 3 months. You KNEW this title was coming and withheld that information to create artificial desperation. So right by your playerbase, please.

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

While I had the units for the deal I chose to save them thinking that 4th of July would get me more for my unit value. Now I am not sure that will be the case if history holds true and the TB deals on the 4th are reduced so that the juicy stuff can be for Paragon offers.

Yep. This is how I feel as well. If I could go back in time, I would buy the offer. This just seems like a setup by Kabam to essentially say...."See, if you offer you something, you get it or you fall behind. So from now on....."
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    They won't bring it back now because tomorrow everyone who spends will have tons of units from Spring Cleaning.

I didn't buy it at the time but in retrospect I might have. I also might have held a T5cc or two that I have used to take champs to rank 3.

I'll get the title eventually. Not sure why people feel obsessed with getting it right away.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

I'll get the title eventually. Not sure why people feel obsessed with getting it right away.

There was a day when I would have been obsessed. But now, I'm with you - I don't care much.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

They won't bring it back now because tomorrow everyone who spends will have tons of units from Spring Cleaning.

I didn't buy it at the time but in retrospect I might have. I also might have held a T5cc or two that I have used to take champs to rank 3.

Because we already put work into earning and saving units thinking they could be put towards the best offers Kabam had. Now we find out that we’ll get scraps, if 2020 is an indication.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Yeah... July 4th is gonna suck for Thronebreakers this year.
    If history holds true, all the R4 material that we need is going to be locked for Paragon.
    That's basically what happened last year with Cavalier when they brought out Thronebreaker.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but iirc they had, at best, for the highest spending, 45% T5CC selectors but that was after you spent 300 dollars.
    So if this trend continues, they'll give us one T6BC and T3A after buying the Odin offer 3 times.
    Just when I was finally looking forward to get the best deals this year in the highest tier, and then they do this.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

If history holds true, all the R4 material that we need is going to be locked for Paragon.
    That's basically what happened last year with Cavalier when they brought out Thronebreaker.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but iirc they had, at best, for the highest spending, 45% T5CC selectors but that was after you spent 300 dollars.
    So if this trend continues, they'll give us one T6BC and T3A after buying the Odin offer 3 times.
    Just when I was finally looking forward to get the best deals this year in the highest tier, and then they do this.

I am also worried about this, because I find it unfair for one group of people to be able to take advantage of TB deals that have now helped them achieve a new progression level but then nerf those deals for the TB players who cannot immediately become Paragon. They should not change the rules.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

For me, it’s not so much the rush to get it right away, like you I’m happy to wait.

My frustration with Kabam stems from the the way they communicate and implement this stuff. It feels shady and a cash grab to be frank.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★

I don't understand where the idea is that all the materials you need to get to the next progression level has been offered at the previous progression level. Offers have always been geared towards developing within your progression level, not jumping to the next level.

It's likely that July 4th 2022 will allow Thronebreaker's to get 1/4 (or less) of a R4 rank up material compared to Paragon likely getting full R4 rank up material. But that is to be expected.

Thronebreaker offers have always been about developing your R3. Sure, they have offered some material to get to the Paragon level (R4 rank up materials) in the past, but not to the extent that it is the main driver. It has mainly been about getting more R3s.

Cavalier have always been about developing your 5R5 and 6-star R1/R2. Even prior to Thronebreaker announcement, the offers did not really promote getting R3s.

The materials needed to be Cavalier (5 and 6-stars for Act 6) are made available to Cavalier players, not Uncollected players. Uncollected offers are primarily 4-star based.

It has always been designed this way - you don't easily get the materials you need to attain the next level.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

I don't understand where the idea is that all the materials you need to get to the next progression level has been offered at the previous progression level. Offers have always been geared towards developing within your progression level, not jumping to the next level.

It's likely that July 4th 2022 will allow Thronebreaker's to get 1/4 (or less) of a R4 rank up material compared to Paragon likely getting full R4 rank up material. But that is to be expected.

Thronebreaker offers have always been about developing your R3. Sure, they have offered some material to get to the Paragon level (R4 rank up materials) in the past, but not to the extent that it is the main driver. It has mainly been about getting more R3s.

Cavalier have always been about developing your 5R5 and 6-star R1/R2. Even prior to Thronebreaker announcement, the offers did not really promote getting R3s.

The materials needed to be Cavalier (5 and 6-stars for Act 6) are made available to Cavalier players, not Uncollected players. Uncollected offers are primarily 4-star based.

It has always been designed this way - you don't easily get the materials you need to attain the next level.

Compare July 4 2020 (TB didn’t exist) to Cyber Weekend 2020 for cavs. 5000 units got you 25% t5cc and a substantial amount of 6-star resources in July. 5000 in November got you no t5cc at all and less than a third of a 6-star. It unequivocally got worse. You’re being way, way generous in your expectation of a quarter of a rankup, based on past behavior. In 2020, the answer was literally 0 t5cc for cavaliers for 18,000 units, and spending 50 bucks got you 5% random.

The problem with your analysis is this - roster development for mid-Thronebreaker players is basically window dressing. If you have 20+ r3 champs, getting resources to have 22 doesn’t change the makeup of your roster, because the r2 can still perform most tasks. In that respect, it doesn’t progress your roster at all. It just conserves nominal healing resources. When you’re comparing 6r2 to 6r1 or 5r5 to 5r4, the jump is much more significant, and you’re filling niches that no longer need to be filled.
  • Robbo9Robbo9 Posts: 51
    altavista said:

I don’t think anyone is expecting r4 gems or anything like that in the TB deals. The main concern is that the cav deals offered 6* shards and t5cc before TB came out, and reverted to 5* shards and catalysts afterwards. TB got 6* awakening gems, champion selectors and r4 catalysts in November. What will the July deals offer?

I’m not too far away from paragon but barring some significant content in the next 6 weeks I won’t get there before the deals. I’m adding multiple r3s to my roster every month through content so spending 18k units on offers purely containing t5cc will not develop my account at all.