**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Need advice for 100% abyss combined with Carinas Challenge vol 2

Hello community!

So, as the title says I’m going to start 100% abyss and combine that with Carinas challenges vol 2.

Info:
I can rank 3 (or rank 5 with 5*) anyone before i dive in.
I have a generic 6*ag, but slightly reluctant on using it for this only.
I have a 3-4 rank up gem that I COULD use on perhaps torch or void or something.
I have completed the easy path already.

So, who would you use for mutant domination?
Who would you use for Carinas challengers?
Who would you use for come out to play?

And which paths would you run bearing in mind that path 1 is complete, and I want to 100% the entire thing!☺️

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Mutant Domination: Honestly, I’d wait until you get a five or six star Stryfe then take in Apoc, Stryfe, Colossus, and Prof X. Take either Path 2 into Path 1, all Path 2, or Path 5 into Path 4 into Path 2 into Path 1 (that’s what I did)
    Carina’s Challengers: Awaken six star Void, then take him, Falcon, Shulk, and Diablo into Path 2 into Path 1.
    Come Out and Play: Wait until you get Knull
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 298
    I will try doing Carina Challengers path 3/5 split after Bishop and the mutant one path 5/3 split after Bishpo. Since you want to combine unexplored paths and challenges this way you can do two challenges without doing more than 5 paths alltogether.
    I have done path 1 & 2, so if my plan works out i am only left doing path 4 with champs i wanna bring
    The Green Goblin one i think will do at last because i don't have Knull yet and i don't know if other options are good
  • Options
    NimorNimor Posts: 110
    Hello there.

I was in a similar situation with you having only done completion and nothing else in abyss and decided it was a good time to do a good chunk of abyss exploration with the carina's challenges.

For come out and play knull did the heavy lifting for me so i d advice you to wait for him or if you really want to finish this do your research/wait for more responses. Early on i decided i wouldn't go for the path completion since the collector alone probably would cost more revives without aegon than a full path + collector with aegon which i almost confirmed when i did the carina's challengers so i had to kill collector without a great counter (for me stryfe and aegon). I know some people can do great with caiw/falcon but i m not one of those people :disappointed: :P

Now the easier (in my opinion) one. Mutant domination. I used Prof x, stryfe, apoc, red mags and colossus for the prof x synergy and free heals with suicides. Took path 5. It was a really smooth run. Prof x took some hard fights, apoc a few more but most of the heavy lifting was done from stryfe. I suppose you can do almost all of the path with prof x if you don't have stryfe and you are proficient with prof x. I d suggest beroman's vids since he did like 15 solos on his run (i think he did a 5/3 split or smth but you ll get the idea of what prof x can do and half the path is the same anyway). Stryfe did great vs the collector (much better than my initial expectations) and the collector went down relatively cheap but not as cheap as aegon has done on my other runs since then.

Carina's challengers. I used a weird team so not sure how much help i can be. Let me say that it seems void can do so so much. Unfortunately i use suicides most of the time and i didn't want to use resources to rank up a 6star low sig void (probably should have with so many t5b on overflow but oh well). Took path 3, team used: CAIW, iHulk, Diablo, Falcon and warlock (mostly took him for the tech synergy on cap tbh, he was just used for training at the collector). CAIW did great, ihulk did some nice faceroll chunks at many fights and weirdly enough on the collector when he cooperated, Diablo was great for me since i had farmed so many 20% revives just pop one get into the fight the come out of the fight with like 100% hp. Falcon was taken mostly for the collector, i think i used him on mordo too. Revives were pretty decent up until the collector. As always the collector is a pain but an aegon-less stryfe-less collector is just a pita. After a bit i stopped caring about revives or hp just went in tried not to rush like an idiot and do a decent chunk of damage. He eventually went down.

All of the above were done with a lot of 4 hour crystals (like 700) and a good revive farm before going in (thanks to the crystals i didn't have to pot farm, but i d suggest you do if you don't have them and you want to save units). I barely had to use any units for mastery changes (only few were needed since i had suicides oriented teams) and 3-4 team revs.

To conclude this i d say it's a great opportunity to combine carina's with abyss exploration. The higher cost of the 2 paths since you get a limited pool of champions seems a very well worth investment for the return. Abyss felt fun and less restrictive than i had in mind before actually getting in so don't fret, if you have seen the nodes of the fight, have a plan for every fight and you think you can pull through then you realistically probably can. A fast youtube search that a specific fight has been done before with the champ you have in mind is a good and fast confirmation too.

Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    Nice summary! I thought for the mutant team path 5/3 to bring Apoc, Stryfe, Red Mags, Cable and Storm...i think Storm schould be able do get some fights done as a horseman? Any experience on that? Since i am no expert in using Prof X (have him at R3 thought, so i am not sure yet). Did you make Stryfe the horseman i guess?

Carina challengers path 3/5 i wanna bring Cap IW (he is unawakened R3 now but i have everything to R4 and sig200 him), Void R3 sig 20, Falcon R3 sig 200 (he is sig 100 now but i hope the higher crit rate with sig 200 helps needing less abyss charges), Ultron R3 sig 20 (mainly for Havok) and probably Shang Chi 5 Star (for Luke Cage mainly) or Diablo R3 (don't run suicides so i don' t know really)
  • Options
    Yeah stryfe became a horseman as soon as it was possible. I saw a few people on youtube wanting to try storm and they were also betting she could do very well, no personal experience though.

I still have no shang at 5star+ so i couldn't bring him by default but i would try to squeeze him in if i had him. If you can bring shang and void i think your team is already better suited for the run. Not sure i would bring diablo without suicides either. Double check if you can go for a full path without a mystic tho, i mean cap can do some of the "mystic" fights but not sure he can do all of them. Check that out before going in for sure.

Havok's plasma detonate is doing very low damage due to low attack in abyss and if you have willpower you heal all (or at least almost all, with pretty much any r3) of the damage back on the first set of charges and you start losing hp on the second. If your ultron is r3 then sure he is a great and safer option.
  • Options
    Yeah i think my carina Challengers team can do fine, so i will do that one first. will check if i can do it without diablo, the cosmics on the 3/5 path are Venom the Duck, Hyperion, The Champion and Medusa. They should all be possible with cap iw he can nullify the unstoppables, or am i missing something? I saw i video of Ultron shredding Havok, so he should work fine and also i need the tech for cap iw petrify. I kind of want to bring Diablo because Shang Chi is only 5 star and i think i only need him for Luke Cage, maybe Diablo can handle him also with nullify...also i have a skill already with falcon and diablo would help cap iw to get more kinetic charges. tough one..

As for the Mutant one, i'll have to put some thought into it what will be the better option. Too bad you can't have two horsemen, in the movie he had 4 lol. First i have to figure out how to play stryfe anyway, and he is only 5 star, Storm would be 6 star R3. On the other hand Stryfe should be much better for Collector.
  • Options
    I had to do hype with cap anyway since he is poison immune. If you parry consistently and keep those petrifies up to control the power gain, unstoppables are a non-issue and the fight becomes a generic fight. Champion and medusa should be doable too.
    I am a bit worried about vtd without nullify. His power gain is very high with the buffs since he gets extra combat power rate and i don't think petrify affects that.
    Not sure how good idea is diablo vs lc with class disadvantage and 10% chance to evade since you can't parry when he gets his unblockable/unstoppable and not sure if you can just keep an sp1 and throw it on his block and nullify his buffs before he can charge at you. Overall sounds too tricky. I did lc with caiw, it was tough but it mostly comes down to how good you are at the fight. You can get rid of the unstoppable always then deal with the unblockable, which makes the fight much easier since you don't get punished if you hit into blocks.

Haha yeah it would be crazy to make more horsemen but it would be too powerful in the abyss. Stryfe is very simple to play so do some rol runs to get used to him. It's a tough one between storm and stryfe but i think stryfe is the answer here. Storm will hit like a noodle at the collector and usually that's where a very good chunk of your revives will go.
  • Options
    I think you're right about Diablo, does he have to be near the opponent to nullify? Anyway i think since Luke Cage is the second opponent i will try to take him down with Cap, if i screw up too early i can restart... so i can bring diablo instead of Shang Chi, idk i don't want to bring Shang Chi for only one fight, or is he good for other fights too?

Will probably make Stryfe the horseman, and then i won't bring Storm because without horseman she is useless, then i can bring Colossus or Prof X instead.

Thanks for your advice mate, definitely helps!
  • Options
    I m almost sure he nullifies from anywhere as long as he has his prefight and the pot active at that time. Give a second look at that vtd before going in without a way to get rid of those buffs. I suppose dh with void should be an easy solo after some practice so yeah you can always restart/train at lc. About shang chi, not sure i saw people say they used him for more fights but it was a r3. I think there are a few youtubers that did their run relying quite a bit on shang. Just another note, lc was by faaaaar the hardest (and costlier) fight besides the collector.

• Options
    BopbopBopbop Posts: 32
    Thank you for your thoughts all!

Basically, the consensus seems to be that you “need” stryfe for the mutant one and you “need” knull for the other other one, is that correct?
    Sucks that I cant pull them at any star level!

Is it that much harder with say kitty and apoc doing the heavy lifting? Maybe aa Horseman? And the two magnetos? Guess the collwctor wont be fun?

Is a 5* knull really a better path clearer than say 6+r3 venom, and symbiote suprême ?

Guess I could do the Carinas challwngers then with r3 capiw and falcon for collector, and void ultron warlock pr something like that?

I could then r4 void, or just r4 torch and use him for whatever other paths I have left after Carinas challenges are complete
  • Options
    Imo you need either stryfe or prof x. Apoc can probably do a lot of lifting but not sure how far he can go. If there was a 3rd best mutant for abyss path clearing i bet it would be apoc. Kitty is quite new still, i guess she can do well. Lagacy used his rank 4 on his run so maybe you can get some ideas there. He also said she is great for the collector which is good if you don't have stryfe. AA is good. Red mags is great in abyss in general like a 5th horseman (probably more useful than nick overall). White mags has great pre-fights that help in a few annoying fights but haven't found him essential anywhere tbh. Another honorable mention could be cable with apoc.

There are runs without knull so it is doable. I d say 5* star max sig knull should be better than venom or symb sup as generic path clearer even at r3. Ofc ss can shine in some fights. Not sure if you have mysterio + penni that some seem to have used.

I wouldn't take ultron and warlock tbh, too much overlap on what they can do there imo. Use that spot for a good mystic. As i mentioned above i had 2 almost dead spots in my team (i could have lived without ihulk for sure and warlock was just the synergy for cap) so there is a lot of leeway there.

I don't currently see any reason for anyone to r4 torch. He can solo every fight he is good at in abyss or anywhere else. Even in high tier war he will either be banned or if you bring him he will be able to push through as r3.
  • Options
    For the mutant team Cable brings quite some good synergies, so Apoc starts a fight with 4 persistent charges and also Stryfe starts with 5 telepathic charges, so my mutant team will probably be

5* Apocalypse R5 sig 160
    6* Red Mags R3 sig 20
    5* Stryfe R5 sig 80
    6* Cable R2 (or maybe i take him to 3, he can do some good degen damage with apoc) sig 20
    6* Prof X R3 sig 20

Prof X brings extra special attack damage per cerebro charge and also the mental barrier thing, don't know how useful that really is tbh, also synergy with red mags brings 6% attack

As i said i will probably do the Carina Challengers first (hope i can do it in may, then i can share some thoughts and my experiences), then the Mutant one maybe in June...

I agree, bringing Warlock and Ultron seems a bit redundant, i have both at R3, will bring Ultron mainly for Cap IW petrify and for Havok. I also brought Diablo to R3 now, so this will be the team for me:

6* Cap IW R4 sig 200
    6* Falcon R3 sig 200
    6* Ultron R3 sig 20
    6* Diablo R3 (will use the mystic awakening gem first)
    6* Void R3 sig 20

Falcon brings 7% attack so this should help, but still i am a bit worried for the Luke Cage fight where i don't have the best counter in the team, Shang-Chi or She-Hulk would be awesome but only for one fight seems a bit stupid
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    For mutant domination, this is the best vid/strategy that I've found:
    https://youtu.be/7Mb1dWTzxZE
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    My mutants are:

5r5 apoc (unduped but can sig 200 if needed)
    5r5 prof x
    5r5 red mags
    6r1 white mags
    6r2 cable
    6r2 stryfe (can r3 if needed)
    6r4 kitty

I've seen lagacy do really well against the collector with kitty but I don't know how she would do on the path since I have mostly seen stryfe used as main damage dealer. Should I wait for prof x or apoc 6 star?
  • Options
    Ok, so I have decided what to do:
    It’s been really helpful with your tips, watching lagacys run and especially watching the clip above from ghostkiller which is really good!

I’ll do the mutant one first. Its gonna be 5/3 split, and its apoc and mags for path, and kitty for collector. I would have taken stryfe for synergy if I had above 3 star, but I dont.

Ill do as ghostkiller Said in video, and run recoil masteries. Ill ramp prof x and then use his synergy to heal the other champs when using them.

This will be final team:

• Options
    Bopbop said:

Ok, so I have decided what to do:
    It’s been really helpful with your tips, watching lagacys run and especially watching the clip above from ghostkiller which is really good!

I’ll do the mutant one first. Its gonna be 5/3 split, and its apoc and mags for path, and kitty for collector. I would have taken stryfe for synergy if I had above 3 star, but I dont.

Ill do as ghostkiller Said in video, and run recoil masteries. Ill ramp prof x and then use his synergy to heal the other champs when using them.

This will be final team:

Have you completed the run? I'm very curious how kitty performed and where you used her!
  • Options
    I am curious too, is the Wolverine synergy worth it? what exactly does it?
    I will have to wait a bit to do any abyss runs because i bought the 7.4 offer since i didn't buy it the first time, now i only have 2500 units thats not enough considering my lack of skill lol
  • Options
    I’m doing the run tonight. Have been waiting for time IRL, and to farm revives.
    I can count items roughly if you want - will give feedback. Kitty is basically for collector, but might use her other places as well - doubt it though.

Wolverine is same synergy with prof x as colossus is (basically heals you when you run LQ and double edge). Wolverine also has synergy with kitty though.

Wish I had units for that offer, but I’m f2p and don’t do arena 😅

• Options
    How did it go? Did you do 5/3 split path?
  • Options
    Finished the run yesterday.

TLDR; honestly the team was perfectly fine for the path. Most of the stuff was quite easy. Mainly followed ghostkillers guide from above video. Did 5/3 split.

Could have saved a lot of revives if i had
    1) more patience. A lot of the fights is all about slowplaying with apoc
    2) learned to play apoc and kitty BEFORE bringing them into the abyss
    3) read up on collectors abilities instead of just jumping in

With that said I Think it went great (except for collector). Start of the run is slow, but once you have profx and and apoc ramped it’s easy.

I had 82 lvl 1 revives before start, I had 31 left before collector and 0 after. I also used 2 team revives from stash and 4 lvl 2 revives.
    Spent ~200 units to change masteries to double edge and LQ before start.
  • Options
    @Bopbop Congrats man!! A couple of questions:

How did kitty do against the collector? Or who did you use?
    I have a r3 stryfe and a 5/65 apoc. If you had those options, who would you take in? Or both?
  • Options
    Thanks!

Tbh she was really good for the first 70-90% of collector, but then it became a little caotic for me (maybe a better kitty player could have used her even more!). The last few percent of collector I switched back to apoc and used him.

I would probably take in both and leave out kitty. As good as she was for collector, Stryfe should be better (dont have him, but..). Stryfe would also increase apoc dmg for the path with their synergies. Dunno if you NEED a 5/65 apoc when you have stryfe at r3, but ye
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Bopbop said:

Thanks!

Tbh she was really good for the first 70-90% of collector, but then it became a little caotic for me (maybe a better kitty player could have used her even more!). The last few percent of collector I switched back to apoc and used him.

I would probably take in both and leave out kitty. As good as she was for collector, Stryfe should be better (dont have him, but..). Stryfe would also increase apoc dmg for the path with their synergies. Dunno if you NEED a 5/65 apoc when you have stryfe at r3, but ye

Since I have a 6r4 kitty I really wanted to bring her in but seems she isn't worth it, sad enough. Will probably bring in stryfe, red mags, apoc, cable and prof x then. Or swap cable with white mags for collector. Thanks!
  • Options
    Yea I get that. Do Think your r3 stryfe should be better though.

I would do stryfe apoc profx red mags and colossus/wolverine. Then run recoil tree and get free healing for the entire path. Then you just need to farm lvl1 revives and not use units on heals og revives.

Both cable and wags would be Nice, but there isnt room for them with above strat.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I don't have suicides unlocked, only glass cannon maxed. So in order to just unlock recoil/LQ/DE I would need 2200 units and I only have 2229 saved up now. If I grind a little bit more units and farm lvl1 revives I can do my run really soon. If I want to unlock suicides it sets me back a couple of months of unit grinding. So I'm thinking about kipping the free healing strategy.
  • Options
    Congrats man, you can check that one off your list hehe
    i will bring the same team as you Ivar with stryfe, red mags, apoc, cable and prof x, don't run suicides either. will take some time tho because i want ~ 5000 Units to be save and only have 2.8 k now, and will probably do the carina challengers with path 3/5 before. I'll let you know when i try my run.

Bopbop how did you do the first fight IMIW, i am still working on my reparry skills, i guess they will be very helpful for him?
  • Options
    Bopbop when / what are you planning next runs? Will you be at 100% Abyss when you finish the carina challengers one?
  • Options
    @Prentex Are you going in with 5k for one run or for both? Because it's my first time in abyss, I'm not the best player and I would go in with 3k units. Also do you have abyss experience? Because I would like some feedback about taking in cable or white mags.

Also I have practiced imiw zith my r5 red mags. Reparry and heavy counter until sp2 for armor break, sp3 from then on. Managed to get him to 11% in one run once.
  • Options
    I did path 1 last year in april or so and path 2 this year in february. so i took an abyss break for about 10 months due to ptsd lol

Path 1 i took in Aegon, Nick, Torch, Sym Supreme and Star Lord (for the combo shield, but wouldn't bring him anymore), cost about 4.5 k with about 20 revives i farmed before (don't remember exactly)

Path 2 i took in R5 Aegon, R5Torch, R3 Doom 6*, R3 Red Magneto 6* and R5 Stealthy. There are a lot of metal champs so Magneto did a lot of work there. I remember IMIW being a real pain because i couldn't reparry and used many revives. Also Joe Fixit was a pain because i was unlucky with his regen, had to quit out many times. In the end it cost almost 8 k units and i had 17 revives farmed and a bunch of 4 hour crystals, so this wasn't my best perfomance. A big problem for me is to keep up concentration for > 6 hours, it's pretty exhausting so i recommend taking brakes.

But as i have done Path 1&2 i want to combine the 2 carina challenges with paths 3&5, because i don't want to do a path twice although path 1 would be easier... i will do the Green Goblin challenge only to finish him and then quit out because he is on path 2 i can't combine it with any other path.

Last path will be path 4 where i can use whoever i want

I will go in with 5 k for one path because i am not the best player either and almost needed 8 k on path 2.

Can't give you feedback on cable or wags in abyss yet, i don't have 5/6 star wags but my cable is awakened at 6 star R2, maybe i will take him to R3 before the abyss run, with apoc synergy he can do big damage with little hits
  • Options
    Prentex said:

Congrats man, you can check that one off your list hehe
    i will bring the same team as you Ivar with stryfe, red mags, apoc, cable and prof x, don't run suicides either. will take some time tho because i want ~ 5000 Units to be save and only have 2.8 k now, and will probably do the carina challengers with path 3/5 before. I'll let you know when i try my run.

Bopbop how did you do the first fight IMIW, i am still working on my reparry skills, i guess they will be very helpful for him?

Thank you! Looking forward to hear how it oges with both of your guys runs!
    First IMIW you should be able to solo with mags imo before you commit to the run. It's easy enough (get of sp2, keep armor break on him by charing heavies and just fire sp3s rest of fight). Just practice and practice since it's easy getting to him. Yes reparry is good here. Reparry is also good for Yellowjacket later in the run, so it's always good to have that practiced.