**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When is the 10k unit deal reappearing? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 163
    Thank you for the update! Its much appreciated.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★

Hey all, so I have confirmed that this is definitely still coming back, but it might be on May 4th, and not before. This will not affect the price, and it will still be 10k units for all eligible summoners.

May the 4th be with you.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Why do I feel like the Michael Scott Paper Company is calling me and asking for more money?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Why do I feel like the Michael Scott Paper Company is calling me and asking for more money?

No one is asking you for money. You made a choice to purchase Units. At the time you made that purchase, the Sale wasn't taking place. You still received what you agreed to buy.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Wait a bit more. If you had bought it, you won't be able to buy it again

do you have confirmed info on both of those statements?
    I can confirm both of those statements. This is only for those that did not purchase it the first time, and it will come back at the original price for just those Summoners.
    So can I get a refund on the 3 Odin's + worth of units that I bought before the bonus offers?

Had I known, I would've waited to get my units from spring cleaning bundles and saved myself some scratch
    I wasn't going to wade into this since its hijacked my thread... but you want a refund for something you purchased because at a later date another offer was made that you liked better? That's not how life works brother lol.... you can't buy a car and 6 months later see its on sale for $5000 less and ask the dealer to write you a check.
    There's things such as lemon laws, dealer warranties, recalls, etc. Hell there's even addendums you can attach to your insurance policy to protect you, guaranteed rates, etc.

Dealerships want loyalty. You better believe if I take a car back 6 months later I'm going to trade up to a deal that is better than the one I'm in.
    Five seconds after you drive a car off the lot, its value depreciates substantially. Good luck getting a full refund for a car you bought just because you decided after buying it that you like the newer model better.

You don't get retroactive refunds just because circumstances change, because they are always changing. Everyone would constantly trade up to the better offers constantly.

Businesses don't want loyalty. They want loyalty from good customers. People returning cars which the dealership legally cannot sell again as new, or game players demanding refunds because the game operator releases an offer they like better, are not good customers to expend a lot of effort to keep.
    I enjoy how you left off the second half of my original post which completely negated you're entire statement.

Sure, vehicles are generally deemed liabilities and not assets, but when you have strong negotiation skills that position yourself to pay significantly under MSRP, if you have a quality vehicle you can resell it for more than what you bought it for, granting you take care of it.

So you're telling me businesses turn away customers for simply "oh it's too troublesome to deal with you"? Great business plan. Let me know when you cleared your first million.
  • Options
    The_ChumpThe_Chump Posts: 141 ★★

The_Chump said:

I can confirm both of those statements. This is only for those that did not purchase it the first time, and it will come back at the original price for just those Summoners.
    So can I get a refund on the 3 Odin's + worth of units that I bought before the bonus offers?

Had I known, I would've waited to get my units from spring cleaning bundles and saved myself some scratch
    I wasn't going to wade into this since its hijacked my thread... but you want a refund for something you purchased because at a later date another offer was made that you liked better? That's not how life works brother lol.... you can't buy a car and 6 months later see its on sale for $5000 less and ask the dealer to write you a check.
    Tbh this is kinda how life works. If i go to walmart and buy something, then find it at a discount elsewhere next week you best believe I'm getting that discounted price.

This is also how this whole 10k deal came back. People didnt want that 10k deal until they realized, at a later date, that the deal would get them paragon, or close to it, then everyone whined about it and it came back.

To use your example, ppl refused to buy a car, then later found out that the car was much better than they realized but it was no longer offered and now they're angry they didnt get it while it lasted.

With all this said, I was pissed when i found out i would miss out on paragon because i didn't take the 10k deal, which imo is not worth it without the title. I am happy they chose to give us a second chance to pick it up, but I can also understand why ppl would be upset about picking up the offer for 300 bucks, when many woulda waited for spring cleaning deals to be attached.
    you're confusing a return policy with deals.... you can't do what you just said months later... when you purchase something in this game.. then use the items.. you can't refund them.. had you not used the items.. you could return them.
    You're the one who equated purchasing something ingame to a car purchase lol. Return policies most certainly work with deals, in both the apple store and google play store. You keep mistaking the timeframe. Nobody is talking about 6 months, like in your original analogy. It likely hasnt even been one full month since ppl completed act 7 and got access to the original deal.

Personally i would have asked google or apple for a refund on the original unit deal and then purchased the spring cleaning deals. Kabam could then take the 9300 units (3 odins) out of the units I had from that.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Honestly, at this point, I dont even know how kabam could make this right for those who purchased the deal when it was originally made available.

I just know it sucks for those players who decided to spend their money on units to buy the "time sensitive" deal, just to find out they could have waited and gotten a whole lot more with it, probably about 50% more value. Just like it woulda sucked and probably had you, me, and others fuming for skipping the deal, and then finding out about paragon and its requirements. It's just bad business.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

Honestly, at this point, I dont even know how kabam could make this right for those who purchased the deal when it was originally made available.

I just know it sucks for those players who decided to spend their money on units to buy the "time sensitive" deal, just to find out they could have waited and gotten a whole lot more with it, probably about 50% more value. Just like it woulda sucked and probably had you, me, and others fuming for skipping the deal, and then finding out about paragon and its requirements. It's just bad business.

It's not like the units appeared out of nowhere the first time around for those who didn't buy it but could have.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

The_Chump said:

It's not like the units appeared out of nowhere the first time around for those who didn't buy it but could have.
    Didnt say it came out of nowhere. Those who could have bought it the first time, from saved up units, are not the topic here. The topic is of those who purchased units (about 3 odins) specifically for the 10k deal before spring cleaning because it was a limited time offer.

I am sure everyone who purchased odins for the 10k deal would have waited and purchased them during spring cleaning when they got a whole lot more. ie. You could have 3 t6b/t3a now for $300 or 4 t6b/t3a in 2 weeks for the same price. Which are you choosing?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

Didnt say it came out of nowhere. Those who could have bought it the first time, from saved up units, are not the topic here. The topic is of those who purchased units (about 3 odins) specifically for the 10k deal before spring cleaning because it was a limited time offer.

I am sure everyone who purchased odins for the 10k deal would have waited and purchased them during spring cleaning when they got a whole lot more. ie. You could have 3 t6b/t3a now for $300 or 4 t6b/t3a in 2 weeks for the same price. Which are you choosing?
    The problem is people could hold of doing 7.4 and getting to buy the offer one spring I’m didn’t do 7.4 because I’m had a ide a event Wil show op. Lucky for me it worked for me so the essuse you making is a invalid.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

The problem is people could hold of doing 7.4 and getting to buy the offer one spring I’m didn’t do 7.4 because I’m had a ide a event Wil show op. Lucky for me it worked for me so the essuse you making is a invalid.
    LOL kinda hard to rly follow your argument but lemme try. If ppl would have waited, as you suggest, it would cost 2k more, or about $67. Depending on how good you think spring cleaning will be you may or may not wait. Wait for better offers but pay $67 more or buy now.

Those who decided to buy now and forego spring cleaning got screwed cuz they didnt get the $67 discount they thought they would, nor did they get the spring cleaning extras.

Do you honestly think anyone would have purchased the 10k deal early if they knew they could get it plus the spring cleaning extras? Simple question: yes or no. This is the "invalid issue" we're talking about
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They're allowing people the chance to buy it who passed on it without knowing about Paragon. That's a nice enough gesture. Adding on expectations to that is not reasonable. Where do we draw the line? If I buy an Odin a couple days before July 4th, should I have the Bonus Items included? What about Christmas?
    If people bought the Units for the Offer, it doesn't apply to them regardless. They already got it.
  • Options
    CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★

Hey all, so I have confirmed that this is definitely still coming back, but it might be on May 4th, and not before. This will not affect the price, and it will still be 10k units for all eligible summoners.

Glad to see the confirmation. Thank you, @Kabam Miike !
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The_Chump said:

Gamer said:

The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

LOL kinda hard to rly follow your argument but lemme try. If ppl would have waited, as you suggest, it would cost 2k more, or about $67. Depending on how good you think spring cleaning will be you may or may not wait. Wait for better offers but pay $67 more or buy now.

Those who decided to buy now and forego spring cleaning got screwed cuz they didnt get the $67 discount they thought they would, nor did they get the spring cleaning extras.

Do you honestly think anyone would have purchased the 10k deal early if they knew they could get it plus the spring cleaning extras? Simple question: yes or no. This is the "invalid issue" we're talking about
    No it wil. Not has cost them more one because the cut of for the spring deal was one the 22 and the end of the sale was normal one the 23 so yes there point is invalid reference to down below so spring happened one the 22 so yes there could’ve had waited there decided not to. There’s problems so my point stil stand and all the arguments is just lame at this point. Yes there’s should had announce the tilie with the release date 7.4 regardless that’s I’m agreeing one because that’s serious had to predict the future.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/299769/7-4-exploration-bundle-clarification-name-discount-and-availability
  • Options
    LawnchairLawnchair Posts: 46
    edited May 2022
    I think to make it right for people who previously spent money to have the units to buy the time sensitive deal...KABAM could provide a progresive deal. A deal where the players who previously purchased could get a smaller deal say 3k units not something massive. But something to show good faith to people who followed the rules and purchased the deal when it was intended to be purchase. Just my opinion. If they can rerelease a time sensitive deal for progression completion..something that has never been done to reward players to get to paragon maybe they should bring back summer of pain so that others can get the t6b/t3a theyre missing to get PARAGON on day 1 as well...why cater to one group for making a decision to not purchase a deal...and not another who missed a timed event last year. You cant have it both ways is all Im saying.
  • Options
    The_Chump said:

Gamer said:

The_Chump said:

Gamer said:

The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

No it wil. Not has cost them more one because the cut of for the spring deal was one the 22 and the end of the sale was normal one the 23 so yes there point is invalid reference to down below so spring happened one the 22 so yes there could’ve had waited there decided not to. There’s problems so my point stil stand and all the arguments is just lame at this point. Yes there’s should had announce the tilie with the release date 7.4 regardless that’s I’m agreeing one because that’s serious had to predict the future.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/299769/7-4-exploration-bundle-clarification-name-discount-and-availability
    Sorry man I really can't continue this conversation w you cuz I'm not really sure what you are saying or arguing, or what proof you think you have that makes the point invalid. Anyway, have a good day/night.
    All I’m said is spring happened one the 22 of April and the sale of the bundle was for 10k to the 23 of April so you tel me people couldn’t wait to the 22 of April and buy the unit deal with the spring event with was one the 22 do u understanding now
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★

I dont understand the dis agree votes, this man is actually right, I did not clear the content, and saved up before so that i could get this offer.. it costs time investment for those who do not have the $$$.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

Or, you could still have most of the units from Act 7 since it wasn't that long ago and not have participated in spring cleaning.

Most anyone who would have purchased units for act 7, would have have purchased in spring cleaning anyway.
  • Options

The_Chump said:

The_Chump said:

Or, you could still have most of the units from Act 7 since it wasn't that long ago and not have participated in spring cleaning.

Most anyone who would have purchased units for act 7, would have have purchased in spring cleaning anyway.
    I'm not sure what your first paragraph is going on about. Most of what units from act 7? What does that have to do with participating in spring cleaning?

Your second statement is just your thoughts based on maybe your own experience, assuming you spend thousands a year on this game. If not, then ypur point is really just being formed off nothing but your imagination.

I spent about $500 on spring cleaning. I, personally, would not have spent $300 on the 10k deal and then another $500 on the spring cleaning deal. Based on my own thoughts and experience, I'm going to assume there are many like me who dont have an endless stream of money, but do spend big on unit deals here and there (ie. Only unit deals that come w loads of extras). These ppl, like myself would not have spent $300 and then forked over even more for spring cleaning.

Even those who would have gotten both the 10k unit deal and participated in spring cleaning, would have been better served by waiting til spring cleaning to get their units.

Tldr: Many ppl only spend on big unit deals like spring cleaning, black friday, and july 4th. They may have decided to forego this spring cleaning and instead get this huge 10k offer. I know i considered it and I'm sure many with similar spending habits likely did.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

You said before the 4th. Now it’s down to the hour it would have to show up for those to have 24 hours. And now the day before you change it. When are you guys at kabam going to keep your word on stuff? And how about confirming if we gonna have 24 hours or is it going to end at 10 am pacific like it will for those first time going thru @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    Not today then I’m guessing chaps… what a joke
This discussion has been closed.