**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

DrDrill said:

With that much of requirement to enter (45 units per champion!!) or 18h waiting time + 30 units every 4 matches-,
    people will have to wait ~10min to find a match (after the first week or two), so good luck collection data (and UNITS) in this BETA trial. (not to mention this lackluster store)

Why does this 18 hour number keep coming up? There is no 18 hour timer. A 6 hour timer starts ticking once your champion is fully depleted of their 3 charges. At that time, you can either wait 6 hours or pay 45 units to get all 3 charges back on that champion.

Personally, I think that a possible fix for this is two fold: first, increase the total number of charges on a champion to 5. Second, give each charge its own timer that can run concurrently. So if I use a champion at 2pm, and again at 2:30pm, and then I put the game down to do other things, I will get a charge back at 8pm and another at 8:30pm.

I really don’t like that the timer doesn’t start until the champion is fully depleted, that means you eventually *have to* wait the full six hours. You can’t play a couple today, a couple tomorrow, and always have your full deck. Eventually, your champion will run out of charge, even if you only use them once per day.

I’m thinking about a player who is busy during the week, but has the time to play a fair bit on weekends. They played a couple rounds during the week, but now they’ve got time to really sink their teeth into this mode but can’t because a bunch of their champions are down to just one charge because they used them a couple times several days ago. That’s not a good feeling. That’s not fun. Champions should start to recharge prior to depletion.
    I think people are saying 18 hours because it makes it sound like 6 hours per charge. So 1 charge is 6 and the full 3 is 18. At least that's my assumption
    Yeah, that’s the math they’re doing, but it’s a full recharge after the 6 hours. It’s not 1 charge per interval, it’s the full 3.
    It makes it confusing based on the way its worded. It says 45 units for a full recharge and champions charges replenish on a 6hr timer and not all charges are replenished after 6hrs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    Ciedre said:

Ciedre said:

Ciedre said:

No 6* rank 4 items, might end up being incursion 2.0.

It's still in beta, I'm quite sure the rewards

Can't wait to go against modders and then have to pay to recharge my champs to face more modders for a lackluster store.

You don't have to do it if you don't want to. If you don't think the rewards are worth your time, there's plenty of other things to do in-game right now, and the first part of the Eternity of Pain starts next week too.

The fact you don't seem to recognize this as a legit consern for us, but just brush it off with a "If you don't think the rewards are worth your time" is honestly shocking.
    Refreshing champs will cost us units, units earned by either paying for them, or spending time in arenas. And if we face modders we are basically throwing money out the window, and all you say is a crappy comment about it in this manner is just insulting.
    Kabams way of communicating with it's playerbase is far worse then any other gamecompany I've seen.
    They specified that they were aware of the unsavory behavior and are working on it. If it was as easy as stopping it at the push of a button, I'm sure that button would be worn out.
    I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying that until they find a way to deal with it then the feature shouldn't have an actual cost to it
    How can they test cost adjustments without them?
    Maybe cost adjustment isnt what they should focus on yet. And it still doesn't condone the condescending tone in their replies on the forum.
    Cost adjustment is part of what they're trying to determine. I think we've established that the game mode is not going to be free. The question is what limits to set it at in order to maintain the balance of how much of a focus of the game it's intended to be.
    As for the comment, I'm sorry but I disagree. It wasn't condescending. It was a simple statement that people don't have to do it if it's not what they like. I'd like to know how else that could be worded without being misleading.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    I know enough about communication, and it really perturbs me when it's being challenged for no reason. People take issue when it's too ambiguous, but yet they take issue when it's direct. There's a difference between someone being disrespectful, and just not appreciating the outcome. It has nothing to do with who said it. There was no malice meant by the comment. It's a logical statement. People are free to pass on this round if they don't agree with the specifics. They're also free to communicate why they won't be participating. Of all the talk about transparency around here, the least we can do is respect it when it's given.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,199 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

DrDrill said:

With that much of requirement to enter (45 units per champion!!) or 18h waiting time + 30 units every 4 matches-,
    people will have to wait ~10min to find a match (after the first week or two), so good luck collection data (and UNITS) in this BETA trial. (not to mention this lackluster store)

Why does this 18 hour number keep coming up? There is no 18 hour timer. A 6 hour timer starts ticking once your champion is fully depleted of their 3 charges. At that time, you can either wait 6 hours or pay 45 units to get all 3 charges back on that champion.

Personally, I think that a possible fix for this is two fold: first, increase the total number of charges on a champion to 5. Second, give each charge its own timer that can run concurrently. So if I use a champion at 2pm, and again at 2:30pm, and then I put the game down to do other things, I will get a charge back at 8pm and another at 8:30pm.

I really don’t like that the timer doesn’t start until the champion is fully depleted, that means you eventually *have to* wait the full six hours. You can’t play a couple today, a couple tomorrow, and always have your full deck. Eventually, your champion will run out of charge, even if you only use them once per day.

I’m thinking about a player who is busy during the week, but has the time to play a fair bit on weekends. They played a couple rounds during the week, but now they’ve got time to really sink their teeth into this mode but can’t because a bunch of their champions are down to just one charge because they used them a couple times several days ago. That’s not a good feeling. That’s not fun. Champions should start to recharge prior to depletion.
    I think people are saying 18 hours because it makes it sound like 6 hours per charge. So 1 charge is 6 and the full 3 is 18. At least that's my assumption
    Yeah, that’s the math they’re doing, but it’s a full recharge after the 6 hours. It’s not 1 charge per interval, it’s the full 3.
    It makes it confusing based on the way its worded. It says 45 units for a full recharge and champions charges replenish on a 6hr timer and not all charges are replenished after 6hrs.
    Hmmm, upon a closer look I think you may be right. It’s written weirdly, so it *might* still be what I read it as, but I didn’t even like that. If it is as you and others are reading it, that’s downright miserable. A 6 hour non-concurrent timer is absolutely awful.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★
    The idea of these rewards and store is actually really nice. It’s just a beta. Be happy you’re getting anything. Sure I expect more at least for TB/Paragon when the final version is released but this store is actually really well done. Give them time to get tokens and such right
  • Options
    Mik81Mik81 Posts: 88 ★★
    This game mode is going to be a very, very, casual game mode, it feels very pay to enter game mode. There are so many restrictions to even have a chance to play it, not even compete or have fun at it, I understand Kabam needs to make money, but you should focus first in getting the players then converting them into customers....
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian

While I understand that they can not comment on specific details on how they are working on it, it would be nice to know something to actually support they've done something and are not just working on it.

They banned a bunch of people in the last beta, and a bunch of people in the previous beta. Beyond that, Kabam is not going to comment on who they ban, how they detect them, where they are in their detection process, or what their eventual goal is for when the mode goes live, nor should they as this would only give information to the people attempting to cheat in the mode (not that the cheaters appear to have a ton of brain cells to devote to counter-intelligence at the moment, but that could change).
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian
    Mik81 said:

This game mode is going to be a very, very, casual game mode, it feels very pay to enter game mode. There are so many restrictions to even have a chance to play it, not even compete or have fun at it, I understand Kabam needs to make money, but you should focus first in getting the players then converting them into customers....

I'm not saying the mode is perfect, but this is also wildly different from my impression. I'm presuming that the live BG store is going to be better than the beta test store, which I think is a reasonable assumption. And the beta store is already worth my time.

Everyone wants or needs different things, but right now I could use a lot of T2A. The store allows up to 2.5 T2A to be purchased per week (5 x 50% per week), which is ten total across the entire four weeks. To get that I would need to average about twenty matches per week assuming a 50% win rate, which would give me 2500 trophies per week assuming I do no more than ten matches per day to maximize the 48 hour milestones. Let's say four matches per day across five days per week. That's about 40 minutes of matches in one day at an energy cost of 60 energy - less than one full bar of energy at level 60. The probability of exhausting a champ at that pace is pretty low, and if I do the matches in groups of two separated by six hours there's zero chance.

That's about thirteen and a half hours of playtime and a relatively manageable amount of energy burned across four weeks to get ten T2A, with no other unit or cash costs associated. Where else can I get ten T2A in fourteen hours of gameplay? This would also burn about 1200 energy across four weeks, which is about the amount of energy someone would burn auto-fighting through heroic exploration. It is about five days of energy. This would be burned about 60 energy at a time on alternating days, which is about a quarter of my energy budget for the day, every other day. That's not a very large energy burn rate.

And that's the return on investment during the beta test.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

It's gonna be almost impossible to get that many wins w/o recharging. Really disappointing.

30 wins a week is 4 a day, then two at the end.

Let’s say you only had 6 champions in your deck. Clearly you have 30, but say you use the same 6 every fight. That means you can do 3 matches every 6 hours.

If you did your 12 matches a day then you’d only need a win rate of 33% to get 4 wins a day. And remember that you have 30 champions in your deck. If you’re only using 6 then I’d advise you diversify.

With a full deck of 30, and considering you can win the first 2 rounds (hence only taking energy of 4 of your champions), you can see how with a full deck you can get 10 or so matches in one 6 hour period without even worrying about the reset.
    With an 18 hour refresh, that's basically 3-5 matches a day w/o having to refresh. Gonna have to win most of those to get to 30 wins, which gets harder the higher you progress.

I'm basically gonna play those matches then spend the rest of the day sandbagging to try to keep my score low enough to win enough matches w/o having to refresh.

That's a really horrible way to set up a gamemode.
    I don't believe it's a 18 hour refresh, last time in the beta it was 6 hours then all charges came back to your champion. I would appreciate clarification, but I do think that was the case.

If it was a 6 hour refresh instead of an 18 hour one, do you think you'd change your mind?
    It says 6 hours per charge, so 18 for a full charge.
    It actually says "Champion Charges replenish on a 6 hour timer". So it could mean either.

But you didn't answer my question, if it was 6 hours instead of 18 do you think that would be more reasonable, being able to do 9-15 match ups a day instead of just 3-5 as you suggested?
    Last time it was 6 hrs per charge
    18 hrs for a full charge
    I have no reason to believe it will be any different this time (even though it should be)
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Are free Mastery switches coming back to help us at least accommodate the weekly nodes changing?
  • Options
    jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    @Kabam Miike ….. sorry mate, but what about Paragon cost on battlegrounds?
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 381 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Too hectic, rank4 materials as rewards could have made it better. Recharge cost should have been less ( maybe in gold as usual ) :neutral:
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Of course Kabam finds a way to hinder their new game mode....

45 unit revive? or 6 hour waiting time?? On top of the 15 energy cost? My excitement for this mode has greatly dwindled.

Was gonna question when the mode comes to the game full time, but now i don't care. Not worth it - whales are gonna run the mode by constantly reviving the champs.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Can't wait to go against modders and then have to pay to recharge my champs to face more modders for a lackluster store.

You don't have to do it if you don't want to. If you don't think the rewards are worth your time, there's plenty of other things to do in-game right now, and the first part of the Eternity of Pain starts next week too.
    Can we have a thought process on why its 45 unit revive for champions? Is this set in stone? Why not less. The player base clearly is angered by this specific thing so it would be nice to get a response on this.
  • Options
    Arena has recharge costs and battlegrounds is better in nearly every way except maybe the cheaters. Although everyone knows Arena has its fair share…

Anyone can still easily get in 10 matches every 2 days without ever recharging considering anyone at level 60 can do 5 matches per full energy refill. That’s 1500 tokens every 6 days right there. Let’s consider you suck and only win 5 of those 30 matches every 6 days…you’d get another 500 tokens for 2000 total each week.

That’s enough for what….3 t4cc selectors, or 2 t2a, or 1.25 t5b, or 10% t5cc selector, or 18k 5* shards, or 3k 6* shards, or 5 6* sig stones, or a combination of some of this EVERY WEEK just by doing the bare minimum.

Give them a chance to do the beta and make changes for the live version and quit complaining about something you already knew was going to be part of it. You can still get plenty without ever having to recharge your champs
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Arena has recharge costs and battlegrounds is better in nearly every way except maybe the cheaters. Although everyone knows Arena has its fair share…

Anyone can still easily get in 10 matches every 2 days without ever recharging considering anyone at level 60 can do 5 matches per full energy refill. That’s 1500 tokens every 6 days right there. Let’s consider you suck and only win 5 of those 30 matches every 6 days…you’d get another 500 tokens for 2000 total each week.

That’s enough for what….3 t4cc selectors, or 2 t2a, or 1.25 t5b, or 10% t5cc selector, or 18k 5* shards, or 3k 6* shards, or 5 6* sig stones, or a combination of some of this EVERY WEEK just by doing the bare minimum.

Give them a chance to do the beta and make changes for the live version and quit complaining about something you already knew was going to be part of it. You can still get plenty without ever having to recharge your champs

My experience in the last beta was that I was constantly recharging my champs. It seemed after every single round I had at least 1 champ that was needing to be recharged.

I hope that either the beta after this month long test or live version (whichever we get after May) changes the champion recharging or I personally will have no interest in this game mode.
  • Options
    Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

My experience in the last beta was that I was constantly recharging my champs. It seemed after every single round I had at least 1 champ that was needing to be recharged.

I hope that either the beta after this month long test or live version (whichever we get after May) changes the champion recharging or I personally will have no interest in this game mode.
    Same here. I was constantly recharging do I didn't have to have the long wait time and so I could still play. I don't care about the rewards and clearly the rewards is not the biggest issue here. The issues is the monetization of the beta by making us spend 45 units to recharge. Now I have to actually wait for the recharge time which sucks. They could have made it 5 units to recharge and that would have been so much better but 45 out the gate especially for the beta is outrageous
  • Options
    Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

That’s just not true unless you were competing near the top of the leaderboard and playing it non-stop. Which again, similarly to Arena, if you want to compete near the top you should already be expecting to recharge your champs