**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!

Comments

• Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Arena has recharge costs and battlegrounds is better in nearly every way except maybe the cheaters. Although everyone knows Arena has its fair share…

Anyone can still easily get in 10 matches every 2 days without ever recharging considering anyone at level 60 can do 5 matches per full energy refill. That’s 1500 tokens every 6 days right there. Let’s consider you suck and only win 5 of those 30 matches every 6 days…you’d get another 500 tokens for 2000 total each week.

That’s enough for what….3 t4cc selectors, or 2 t2a, or 1.25 t5b, or 10% t5cc selector, or 18k 5* shards, or 3k 6* shards, or 5 6* sig stones, or a combination of some of this EVERY WEEK just by doing the bare minimum.

Give them a chance to do the beta and make changes for the live version and quit complaining about something you already knew was going to be part of it. You can still get plenty without ever having to recharge your champs

My experience in the last beta was that I was constantly recharging my champs. It seemed after every single round I had at least 1 champ that was needing to be recharged.

I hope that either the beta after this month long test or live version (whichever we get after May) changes the champion recharging or I personally will have no interest in this game mode.
    That’s just not true unless you were competing near the top of the leaderboard and playing it non-stop. Which again, similarly to Arena, if you want to compete near the top you should already be expecting to recharge your champs
    I do not know how you can tell me my experience is not true since you are not me.

I was not at the top of the leader board, not even close. But I would play many rounds in a row because I play in bursts and yes, after almost every round I would have 1 champion (a couple times 2) that needed recharging. Just because you didn't experience it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    I played over 130 matches and never once had to recharge any champs. Maybe try using other champs 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you truly expected no recharge or recharges that costed 1 gold then you’re just delusional.
  • Options
    Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Arena has recharge costs and battlegrounds is better in nearly every way except maybe the cheaters. Although everyone knows Arena has its fair share…

Anyone can still easily get in 10 matches every 2 days without ever recharging considering anyone at level 60 can do 5 matches per full energy refill. That’s 1500 tokens every 6 days right there. Let’s consider you suck and only win 5 of those 30 matches every 6 days…you’d get another 500 tokens for 2000 total each week.

That’s enough for what….3 t4cc selectors, or 2 t2a, or 1.25 t5b, or 10% t5cc selector, or 18k 5* shards, or 3k 6* shards, or 5 6* sig stones, or a combination of some of this EVERY WEEK just by doing the bare minimum.

Give them a chance to do the beta and make changes for the live version and quit complaining about something you already knew was going to be part of it. You can still get plenty without ever having to recharge your champs

My experience in the last beta was that I was constantly recharging my champs. It seemed after every single round I had at least 1 champ that was needing to be recharged.

I hope that either the beta after this month long test or live version (whichever we get after May) changes the champion recharging or I personally will have no interest in this game mode.
    That’s just not true unless you were competing near the top of the leaderboard and playing it non-stop. Which again, similarly to Arena, if you want to compete near the top you should already be expecting to recharge your champs
    I do not know how you can tell me my experience is not true since you are not me.

I was not at the top of the leader board, not even close. But I would play many rounds in a row because I play in bursts and yes, after almost every round I would have 1 champion (a couple times 2) that needed recharging. Just because you didn't experience it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    I played over 130 matches and never once had to recharge any champs. Maybe try using other champs 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you truly expected no recharge or recharges that costed 1 gold then you’re just delusional.
    Not sure why you feel the need to be so hostile.

This is a feedback thread and I was giving my feedback. As I said before, if these are going to be the costs then this game mode isn't for me and I have no interest in it. I didn't say the game mode was trash, I didn't say others wouldn't enjoy it or want to play.

I don't want a game mode that forces me to use my entire roster, I have arenas for that. I want a mode where I can use (or have in my 30) the champs that I want because they are the ones I enjoy using. That is what I am looking for, doesn't mean it is what will happen and that is life.
    Not trying to be hostile at all. Just the amount of people in this thread with completely unrealistic expectations is baffling to me.

You absolutely do not need to recharge your champs to enjoy this game mode casually and still get decent rewards. If you want to be competitive near the top then I’m sure that’s a different story, but you should be expecting to recharge in that case. If you’re only wanting to use the same 6 champs over again then you’re just not playing the game mode how it was intended and like you said it’s maybe just not for you then
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,640 ★★★★★
    If you try to monetize your new game mode too much , please will be turned away and won’t play.

Do you want people to play the new game mode or treat it like incursions ?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Was that 130+ over a span of 7 days? If so that’s an average of 18.5 matches per day. That’s about 4.5 matches per champ per day if you are using the same set of 30 champs. What’s your roster look like if you had that many good counters for global nodes that were of high enough ranks?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    I suspect the goal isn't for it to become the main focus of the game. Sure, they want people to play it. As was pointed out by someone else, some will play it casually, and some will approach it more competitively. Those who are competitive will be willing to pay the cost.
    I'm not saying the cost is appropriate, just so that my words aren't misconstrued. Things are still up in the air as far as what's fitting or not. One thing that's clear is there will be limitations, and that was clear to me from the beginning.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Was that 130+ over a span of 7 days? If so that’s an average of 18.5 matches per day. That’s about 4.5 matches per champ per day if you are using the same set of 30 champs. What’s your roster look like if you had that many good counters for global nodes that were of high enough ranks?
    No sorry that was through both betas total…I won’t spam pics of my roster on this thread but I have 35 r3’s and 3 r4’s
  • Options
    JvankeulenJvankeulen Posts: 6
    edited May 2022
    With all the discussion about the energy cost, there's a thing I would like to get more info on from the devs
    How do you see people playing this game mode?
    To explain my point I have a couple of further questions:
    • Do you expect people to pay units in order to reach max rewards or should time-management and spread out gameplay be enough?
    • Do you intend for people to pay more attention to the leaderboard, or is that just for fun and we should be focussed on playing (and/or winning) more matches instead, perhaps at a slightly lower win-rate?
    I'm mainly interested in the second question. If the leaderboard is not a focus area, and your ranking is not tied to any rewards at any point, then I understand forcing people to swap their rosters around and the recharge costs to keep the matches varied while we achieve our required amount of matches for the max rewards.

Personally, I'd prefer the leaderboard to have some importance, which would mean I want my strongest deck at all times. This would mean I'm limited in the number of times I can play in a row, therefore limiting the number of rewards you can get from objectives like "play 10 matches in 48 hours", but that sacrifice may be worth it if I also get rewards for my ranking at the end of a season/other time frames in which rewards could be given out.

my preference aside, I think for me it would be helpful to see with what playstyle you intended the game mode to be played while designing it. Then I, and probably a larger part of the community, can beta-test with that experience in mind and give feedback on that part of the mode as well. I have some concerns about both options, but without knowing more details I don't think there's a need for me to point out my potential concerns.

You have created a great system, and the only thing remaining for me is to know what place it has in the game and what the reward structure will look like, not even the rewards. just the structure.

I hope to get more information soon,
    Sincerely, a mildly concerned yet very excited summoner.

edit: minor grammar/spelling mistakes, not a native English speaker
  • Options
    Mik81Mik81 Posts: 88 ★★
    I will also add that I don't only enjoy playing the game, but also watching others players playing it!. I'd imagine that a 2-3hr stream may be get a bit costly and I'm not so sure everyone will do it... And that's free adds for the game and Kabam... Get the players, then you'll get the customers... Get the customer then having them play, is risky business model, you need a superior product that beats any other game out there... Fornite, Minecraft, even Candy Candy... This game used to be like that also
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,035 Guardian
    Mik81 said:

You need focus, you need your A game, you can't play battlegrounds on the mornings while coffee is brewing, or if you have five minutes time left after lunch. You can do your Arenas, monthly Quest, AQ, check on war (maybe not play it, but check, help with a pre fight or energy, etc...)

So battlegrounds is way more demanding that what the rest of the game is, demanding on your time dedication. Now you add the energy cost, which is taking resources to play other game modes, then you add the unit cost as well, roster size, knowledge of the game...

It is if you choose to treat it that way, but that has nothing to do with the game mode itself. Anyone can choose to just pop in and play, no different than arena. You don't need to bring your A game constantly. If you choose to play it casually, you will still win 50% of your matches due to ratings adjustments. A casual player won't lose constantly, they will win half the time against other casual players. Just like people can choose to do alliance war casually, or alliance quest casually, or arena grind casually. But battlegrounds has advantages over all those modes. It is vastly less time intensive than arena. Sure, you can do a single arena round in two minutes, but how many people actually do that? A battlegrounds match is about five or six rounds of arena, which I suspect the vast majority of people who do arena tend to do in one sitting. The rewards here in the beta, which as I said are likely to be lower than the live rewards are likely to be, are comparable in general magnitude to what a mid-tier arena grinder might get for similar levels of time. And battlegrounds is vastly easier to approach in a casual manner than either of the two alliance modes, by virtue of being a solo game mode. You're limited in how you approach an alliance mode relative to the other members of your alliance. You have full control over how casually or hard core you choose to approach battlegrounds.

Battlegrounds has a unit cost in the same sense the arena has a unit cost. It does, if you choose to spend. It doesn't, if you choose not to. It requires a deep roster and wide knowledge of the game, in the same sense event quest requires deep roster and wide knowledge of the game. More is better. But at the end of the day, most players don't have deep rosters and most players don't have intimate extensive knowledge of the game. You'll be competing with them, unless you attempt to rise high enough to challenge the stronger players. Most people can't, and most people won't. The game mode will still work for them, and they are the vast majority of all players. If we're going to characterize the game mode at all, it should be how it treats the vast majority of players, not the tiny minority. For the majority of players, battlegrounds has little or no cost, takes relatively little time, and appears to be something that will generate reasonable rewards for the effort.

Also, I don't buy three T2A per week from the glory store. I tend to buy four. At the moment I have one.
  • Options
    houndogακιhoundogακι Posts: 174
    DrDrill said:

I was ok testing this beta for you since I was getting full energy refills in the last beta, now you are charging me and others :
    1- Mastery change ~50 units, another 50 to return it back=~100
    2- Energy refills ~8.5 =250 units (40 matches x 15 energy=600 energy)
    3- Champion recharge, 45 EACH!! at least 450 units (BTW, using the champion 2 times won't start the timer, only after using him/her 3 times the timer start)
    4- time ~20min per match (you need 20 for max efficient rewards, with 50/50 win rate =40 match =13h)
    800 units (~30$)

to get:
    5k Trophy Tokens, which can get you:
    12 6* sig generic sig stones
    OR
    100 5* generic sig stones
    OR
    7k 6*shards + 2k 5*shards
    OR
    30% t5cc selector

I'll pass, thanks

Actually is 7000 Trophy Tokens
  • Options
    houndogακιhoundogακι Posts: 174

DrDrill said:

I was ok testing this beta for you since I was getting full energy refills in the last beta, now you are charging me and others :
    1- Mastery change ~50 units, another 50 to return it back=~100
    2- Energy refills ~8.5 =250 units (40 matches x 15 energy=600 energy)
    3- Champion recharge, 45 EACH!! at least 450 units (BTW, using the champion 2 times won't start the timer, only after using him/her 3 times the timer start)
    4- time ~20min per match (you need 20 for max efficient rewards, with 50/50 win rate =40 match =13h)
    800 units (~30$)

to get:
    5k Trophy Tokens, which can get you:
    12 6* sig generic sig stones
    OR
    100 5* generic sig stones
    OR
    7k 6*shards + 2k 5*shards
    OR
    30% t5cc selector

I'll pass, thanks

Actually is 7000 Trophy Tokens
    Also don't forget that is not only 1 week 😂😂
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,007 ★★★★★

It's gonna be almost impossible to get that many wins w/o recharging. Really disappointing.

30 wins a week is 4 a day, then two at the end.

Let’s say you only had 6 champions in your deck. Clearly you have 30, but say you use the same 6 every fight. That means you can do 3 matches every 6 hours.

If you did your 12 matches a day then you’d only need a win rate of 33% to get 4 wins a day. And remember that you have 30 champions in your deck. If you’re only using 6 then I’d advise you diversify.

With a full deck of 30, and considering you can win the first 2 rounds (hence only taking energy of 4 of your champions), you can see how with a full deck you can get 10 or so matches in one 6 hour period without even worrying about the reset.
    You’re completely missing the point here, how can you reply with such a tone-deaf response? Not everyone has the time availability to log in that many times a day, some of us work and have busy lives?

I already know you have a tendency to never criticize /defend the company , but even this is a new low for you.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★
    Mik81 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mik81 said:

That's about thirteen and a half hours of playtime and a relatively manageable amount of energy burned across four weeks to get ten T2A, with no other unit or cash costs associated. Where else can I get ten T2A in fourteen hours of gameplay?

Just to answer your question, you can get easily 3 full TA2 weekly on the AQ.

DNA3000 said:

Mik81 said:

Also, I don't buy three T2A per week from the glory store. I tend to buy four. At the moment I have one.

You asked a direct question and you got the response to that. It’s immaterial how many you have right now. You can buy way more t2A from the glory store for a much shorter time commitment.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,199 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

Zeraphan said:

OGAvenger said:

I’ll have to disagree with you here. I have a pretty extensive roster and on some days I played more than others I need to pay to recharge my champs. I didn’t recharge a lot, but I still did. I won 20 matches by day 3ish and stopped playing after that.
    That last part is what’s most important. For the current cooldown system to make sense with the objectives that have been set, you’ve really got to be using your champions whenever they come off cooldown if you don’t want to have to recharge them.

But a lot of players can only take the time to sit down and knock out content during limited windows of time. This is fine for stuff like story, which is permanent content, or even monthly content because the game provides a fairly healthy amount of energy items so that you can knock out an EQ/SQ exploration in just a few sittings per month.

@BitterSteel suggested earlier in this thread an item that could be used to recharge champions. If these were readily available so that the player who can only really grind out one to three sessions per week can still meet the minimum objectives without having to pour in units, that could be a potential solution.

To be clear, I don’t need or want to have the ability to grind infinitely without cost. I think that would be bad for the mode and it would become too much like Arena. But I think the standard participation objective rewards should be easily obtainable via semi-casual play, and then higher rewards can be available to those willing to budget additional time or resources into reaching them.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 259 ★★★
    I will not be taking part in Battlegrounds. The energy cost to enter and to refresh are too high (especially since the farmable energy refills in 5.2.6 have been removed).

Moreover it is not enough to just ban the cheaters in Battlegrounds. KABAM needs to compensate the losers of those matches as well. With at least the recovery of used energy. Until that is addressed and occurs I will not waste my energy on Battlegrounds at all.
  • Options
    SCZSCZ Posts: 189 ★★
    Any reason why the objective for participation is not 2 days as originally stated?

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Has the leaderboard actually being reset? Only my score has yet the leaderboard still show those at the top with 2k+ rating 🤨

Maybe it's just a glitch 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Barri8 said:

At least the recharge costs 1 gold, no more 45 units.

Ya also noticed that. Champ recharge costing just 1 Gold in beta. Perfect
  • Options
    The_2nd_collectorThe_2nd_collector Posts: 93
    The battle grounds matchmaking system needs work
    I recently just became uncollected and my rooster isn't that thick
    I went into battle grounds and got paired again paragon players 3 times 😂💀
    I don't get kabam