**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Lost Horseman Prefight - Abyss

DuffMcGruffDuffMcGruff Posts: 401 ★★★
I am working on the Mutant Dominion challenge for Carina vol2 and just put horseman prefight on Stryfe fighting Dormammu. And now it’s gone… put a ticket in, but am I going to get a typical response and just have to deal with it?? I don’t want to restart the quest….

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,673 Guardian
    In the future after you use apoc horseman orefight, back out of the quest, go back in and the then start the fight with stryfe because it should be there. That is what I've seen some YTers do
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    Did you by any chance force close the app at some point while using stryfe?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/291072/horseman-of-apocalypse

This thread suggests the bug or something like it has been around since at least December. Sounds like it’s a priority though.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/291072/horseman-of-apocalypse

This thread suggests the bug or something like it has been around since at least December. Sounds like it’s a priority though.

Dr. Zola

It affected me during the gauntlet. That was like June.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,673 Guardian

Pikolu said:

In the future after you use apoc horseman orefight, back out of the quest, go back in and the then start the fight with stryfe because it should be there. That is what I've seen some YTers do

So nothing I can do right after already fighting with Stryfe?
    Unfortunately, no.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Now that I search more, it’s been around for a while. I wonder what’s the issue—is it difficult to figure out where the coding problem is?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Now that I search more, it’s been around for a while. I wonder what’s the issue—is it difficult to figure out where the coding problem is?

Dr. Zola
    Maybe staffing problems? Hmm maybe it’s hard to find good coder’s
  • Options

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    @DNA3000 to the rescue!!!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    @DNA3000 to the rescue!!!

Dr. Zola
    Did I say something wrong 😅😅 don’t call the cavalry please
  • Options
    Gmonkey said:

DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    It is a testing problem. Bad code happens but should get caught with tests.
    If that’s correct, is it safe to assume that either (a) not enough testing takes place or (b) this isn’t getting tested because it hasn’t gotten to the top of the list of things to be addressed?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    It may be a larger prefight ability falloff problem, not Stryfe/Horseman specific, that is tied to force closing the app/crashes. That could also be why it isn’t tested for, because it’s outside of the intended functions of the game.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    My particular issue was that I pulled archangel from a dual class crystal during the few days I was doing the gauntlet.
  • Options
    ProfessorGProfessorG Posts: 73
    There have been multiple instances where players where able to at least get revives/potions/units used during the quest but I guess it depends on which support team member helps you. I would suggest putting in another ticket @DuffMcGruff
  • Options

Typical response from support. It’s sad that this sounds like it’s been ongoing for almost a year and not only has it not been corrected, but proper compensation hasn’t GM even been addressed

That sounds hilariously unhelpful :D

Roll the dice with another support person!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Ask if horsemen could be added back on your strife
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

It may be a larger prefight ability falloff problem, not Stryfe/Horseman specific, that is tied to force closing the app/crashes. That could also be why it isn’t tested for, because it’s outside of the intended functions of the game.

I can attest to this. It’s happened to me in AQ when I lost odins prefights after answering a phone call in the middle of the fight. As long as game doesn’t crash in the middle of a fights, prefights work but you lose them after a crash or force quit.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Same thing happens with Odin pre fights
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It's a problem with all prefights. They only apply at fight start and aren't rememberd after that