**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BEST Abyss Team Options Now?

TravNationTravNation Posts: 40
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Are the 4 Horsemen still the best options for Abyss? Considering the new Champs that have come to the game like Hercules, Knull, Kitty, etc... what teams are you running and for what Paths? I've only completed the Easy Path so looking for advice. Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I still think for an average player Aegon is still top option for collector

And for the completion is Aegon also a good option ?

Not particularly. Apoc is a better option i think.
  • Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    edited May 2022

Honestly, the Mutant team is one of the best teams, which is Apoc, Stryfe, Prof X, Colossus, and Magneto. You run it with Suicides and you pretty much have free healing the entire time. The only real problem fights are some of the comics and then RS, but they can be nuked down or you can swap out Magneto for a Mystic and just eat the revives on DH.

lol I said this on a different thread and people hammered me with disagrees.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,662 Guardian

Honestly, the Mutant team is one of the best teams, which is Apoc, Stryfe, Prof X, Colossus, and Magneto. You run it with Suicides and you pretty much have free healing the entire time. The only real problem fights are some of the comics and then RS, but they can be nuked down or you can swap out Magneto for a Mystic and just eat the revives on DH.

For the path,a mutant team with a mystic is a great choice, but the collector will destroy those not prepared for him. This is why Ægon is still arguably the best for completion of abyss because he destroys the collector much easier than the others can. Your best mutant for collector is Stryfe and sometimes he fails to remove the unstoppable for whatever reason.
    Keep in mind people typically spend a majority of their units and revives on the collector.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

As @BigBuster mentioned, we had a conversation about this a few weeks ago!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/302356/first-time-abyss-run-in-may-2022#latest

I've linked it here and would suggest reading it, most points I'd make are all there. To me, it comes down to the collector. Mutant team is better for the path itself, and you'll save revives. But Aegon vs the collector will more than make up for those revives, since Stryfe is good, but will still cost you way more than Aegon would against the collector.

Those Apoc Solo's by MSD are impressive, but he could make The Champion look impressive in the abyss, I think youtubers using all mutant teams have slightly warped our perception of Abyss, and in "real life" for lack of a better phrase - we would find the collector a much, much harder time so we need our trusty Aegons. Especially for OP, or the OP of the thread I've linked, who have done 1, or no, paths before.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

As @BigBuster mentioned, we had a conversation about this a few weeks ago!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/302356/first-time-abyss-run-in-may-2022#latest

I've linked it here and would suggest reading it, most points I'd make are all there. To me, it comes down to the collector. Mutant team is better for the path itself, and you'll save revives. But Aegon vs the collector will more than make up for those revives, since Stryfe is good, but will still cost you way more than Aegon would against the collector.

Those Apoc Solo's by MSD are impressive, but he could make The Champion look impressive in the abyss, I think youtubers using all mutant teams have slightly warped our perception of Abyss, and in "real life" for lack of a better phrase - we would find the collector a much, much harder time so we need our trusty Aegons. Especially for OP, or the OP of the thread I've linked, who have done 1, or no, paths before.
    That's a very good point. During my Mutant Abyss run, I used 38 revives on The Collector primarily using Stryfe, which is almost more than the path itself. I'd amend that a team consisting of Stryfe, Apoc, Mystic, Aegon, and Heal Reversal Champ would be a solid team to take in.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    What about Kitty for the collector? Swap out Mags for her?
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★

That's a very good point. During my Mutant Abyss run, I used 38 revives on The Collector primarily using Stryfe, which is almost more than the path itself. I'd amend that a team consisting of Stryfe, Apoc, Mystic, Aegon, and Heal Reversal Champ would be a solid team to take in.

Stryfe, Apoc, Aegon, Doom, Guillotine 2099 does this team work or should I pick a better heal reverse champ??
  • Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    Ægon torch doom fury and void or BWDO as I’ve heard is one of the best teams Ægon does most of it
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Krishna24 said:

Stryfe, Apoc, Aegon, Doom, Guillotine 2099 does this team work or should I pick a better heal reverse champ??
    I'm of the opinion that G2099 is fairly useless in Abyss. The top heal reversal champs that I would recommend (in order, not including the Deadpool fight): Void, Anti-Venom, Torch, Magneto, Yellowjacket, and CapIW. Void, in my opinion, is the best heal reversal champ to take in because he can also do just regular fights as well at a high rank because his damage is just so good. However, if you are taking Path 2, you pretty much need Torch for heal reversal since DP is immune to petrify and spectre.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    An AWAKENED CGR is absolutely amazing on path 2.
    Fights he can do (and in some cases better than Aegon et al)
    - Luke Cage (fate seal cancels unblockable and unstoppable)
    - IMIW (armour breaks and massive damage at the end)
    - Sinister (fate seal can block out his heals while active, try to get double furies)
    - Punisher 2099 (high damage and high block means he can deal a lot of damage while eating blocked specials)
    - Korg (mediums are energy, no thorns, outdamages Doom)
    - Ghost (doable, not ideal because she can steal your power, might be better to take a hit for the judgement)
    - Howard (doable, but CGR doesn't have a high crit... takes a lot of abyss charges to remove indestructible leaving not many hits left to do damage)
    - Green goblin (armour breaks)
    - Taskmaster (I can't recall now if I used Aegon or CGR... but looking at the list above do you need more ?!)

My path 2 team was Red Mags, CGR, Aegon, HT and Doom. Red Mags was benched for the most part.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

Wmags prefight is good for collector tho, for the mutant carina people suggest him and cable over prof x and colossus
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Wmags prefight is good for collector tho, for the mutant carina people suggest him and cable over prof x and colossus
    Wmags prefight only good for the part of collector most don't have an issue with, see him suggested more often for if you're using prof x a lot.

Never see cable suggested, better options to bring overall and if bringing to ramp apoc it's a waste given how easy revives are to get and use 2 on any mutant on the path as needed.