**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

First time abyss run in May 2022

KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So I’m planning to do a first time run of the abyss I’ve about 3000 units thanks to spring cleaning but most of the YouTube guides are a year old.

What’s the current best champions to take in for the easy path?

Thanks
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’d be happy to suggest a team if you wanted to post your roster!
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    edited April 2022

I’d be happy to suggest a team if you wanted to post your roster!

Thanks I have an AG that I’m going to use on AA and R3 him when sigil event refreshes

• H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

Aegon torch doom NF and Heimdall did amazingly for me back then. With Heimdall you save a big bunch of units when you can play well with Aegon

Good luck!

^^
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    Hmmm. I know a lot of people are gonna suggest the OG team, but its really not the most revive efficient. Lots of youtubers have already shown that there are much better options than Aegon in terms of revives. Stryfe, Magneto, Prof X, Apocalypse; all of these can get consistent solos. For your mystic I would go with Sym Supreme. And take Torch ideally.

So I think your team could look something like this: Torch + Sym Supreme + 3 damage dealers
    Those three could be:
    Magneto, Stryfe, Apoc
    Stryfe, Apoc, Prof X
    Prof X, Magneto, Styfe

I would recommend you check out other people's runs and see what they think. Otherwise you could always go with the proven Aegon, Sym Supreme, Torch, Nick team, but you'll definitely have less room for solos.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★

BigBuster said:

Hmmm. I know a lot of people are gonna suggest the OG team, but its really not the most revive efficient. Lots of youtubers have already shown that there are much better options than Aegon in terms of revives. Stryfe, Magneto, Prof X, Apocalypse; all of these can get consistent solos. For your mystic I would go with Sym Supreme. And take Torch ideally.

So I think your team could look something like this: Torch + Sym Supreme + 3 damage dealers
    Those three could be:
    Magneto, Stryfe, Apoc
    Stryfe, Apoc, Prof X
    Prof X, Magneto, Styfe

I would recommend you check out other people's runs and see what they think. Otherwise you could always go with the proven Aegon, Sym Supreme, Torch, Nick team, but you'll definitely have less room for solos.

You make very good points, and I agree with you that those teams are better for the path itself - but in my view, they don’t compare against the collector. The YouTubers you’re talking about are insanely skilled, and while us mortals can handle the path fights I don’t think we can handle the collector as well as they can.

If you bring the mutant team to abyss, the path will go smoother, but you’ll face a tougher time at the collector. If I was a first time abyss player, I’d probably be more worried about the collector himself.
    I do agree with that. Collector was hard to get used to. BUT, I do think that its very plausible to have good runs with Styfe or Prof X. If you're using Stryfe with Apoc you have pretty easy openings and you can remove the unstoppable. Prof X is a little harder to use, but if you're good with him he can do a lot of burst damage.

Honestly, if you're good with Stryfe or Prof X, I really think the Collector won't be as much of a problem as he seems. I recommend you watch a few videos of partially dexing the Collectors SP2 and try to follow along with those. When you can do that, you just bait heavies from the Collector and do your partial dexes. With this strategy, collector can be taken down by almost anyone. But who knows how it will be for you? I would recommend you do some of your own research on these fights, and see what you feel more comfortable with. I just wanted to show you the possibilities.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    ABYSS TEAM - AEGON, DOOM, SYM SUPREME, TORCH. STRYFE

this was my team and did quite well ... especially Stryfe and Aegon.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    I personally recommend doom, Aegon, torch, mags and NF for the easy path. The 4 horsemen are still amazing for that path plus mags destroys every metal fight.

Additionally, if you have white mags you could also kill two birds with one stone and use a full mutant team to complete the Carina challenge. Prof x, apoc, stryfe and both magnetos should work for that path, just might need to save up some more units to be safe since Hyperion can easily screw your run.

• Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    Why not do the only mutant run, it'll get one of the carina challenge checked out too, plus you've got the big 3 champs (apoc, prof x and stryfe) for it too. 2 birds 1 stone
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★

Why not do the only mutant run, it'll get one of the carina challenge checked out too, plus you've got the big 3 champs (apoc, prof x and stryfe) for it too. 2 birds 1 stone

Thinking about doing this too as a first time abyss player. I have heard good ting s about path 5/3 split for the mutant challenge. Then you can do 3/5 for carina challengers (split at bishop).
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 297
    I am also planning to do my next abyss run soon, i have done path 1&2, and i was also thinking to do path 3 with carina challengers and split to path 5 after bishop, and do path 5 with mutant team and split to path 3 after bishop.
    Path 4 i would be my last path i guess, but this way i could do path 3+5 and have two carina challenges done..
    Does anyone have experience for that 3/5 split thing?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,245 ★★★★
    Here you go @Prentex , this is from reddit about 2 weeks ago: "It wasn't so bad since I had a pretty big stash built up, but those 2 runs ate up pretty much everything. For mutants, I would recommend looking up BMcG on Youtube, that's who I used for inspiration"

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/twxfzm/what_team_did_you_use_for_carinas_challengers
    Thanks, might do the Carina challengers first, because i still don't have white magneto above 4 star..also i don't have experience with stryfe so i need to practice how to use him i guess

For Carina challengers i will probably bring

Falcon R3
    Void R3
    Cap IW R3
    Diablo R3
    Ultron R3

All awakened, don't have shang-chi unfortunately
    Haha just pulled 5* Shang Chi from the Claws for Alarm Crystal, might bring him then for Luke Cage
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    I know that bumping old posts isn’t technically allowed… but I finally got around to doing my first run!

Used Aegon, Torch, Doom, Fury & Heimdall not sure how many revives i used but used all
    My stashed revives and the 1000 unit offer from completing the eq quest.

Duped my 6* Nick from the crystals and got a skill awkaning which I was going to use on Nick if I got him!