**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Offer is back for everyone

Comments

• LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Can someone please explain to me now, how any F2P players or even casual spenders like me, are able to dish out 20-30k units for paragon in a 2 -3 week span on offers?

Please tellme how this is progression based, or skill, AW/AQ tier, content etc.. how do those come into the calculations?
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★

No way they meant for it to be bought by the same account twice. Gotta be a bug

It was if you didn't purchase at the time but not if you already bought it once lol.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 779 ★★★
    I can say if you have the units more power to you. Obviously, I wasn't expecting this offer in the mailbox, or else I would've grinded for it. For those that are cavalier, when this offer drops on May 18, Kabam won't make the same blunder again as I'm reading KabamMiike's response.
    I would like to know what is/are future deals for everyone below TB when they eventually reach TB and/or Paragon status
  • The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 71
    Searmenis said:

Snakep said:

Shinyuu said:

@Kabam Miike Has it been re-enabled? I am not seeing it. I've just bought it once earlier today.

If you already bought it once today (May 4th), it will not reappear.
    That's your solution? It's only fair to let everyone have the chance to get it twice. Can your systems not see who have purchased this offer twice already? They can see when someone buys cavs with money with the wrong drop rates and send those players more cavs with the right drop rates. I believe this was done deliberately to suck units out of players.
    Everyone got the chance to buy this twice. If you completed act 7 you had the opportunity to buy it, today you got the chance to buy it again. You can’t say it’s not fair that you didn’t get the chance to buy it twice when what you really mean is you want three chances to buy it twice. Everyone has had the same two chances to buy this weather they did or not is on them.
    No not everyone, f2p players can't grind 10k units in one day.
    I'm f2p and I had 36k in units. I always keep 25k units in case a great deal shows up.
  • DoomSiteDoomSite Posts: 6

Summoners,

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience as we worked to determine what our future course of action will be.

The team has decided that based on player feedback, we will be surfacing this offer for a third time ONLY to the summoners that originally did not purchase the Act 7.4 Exploration bundle when completing Act 7 Chapter 4. This gives all currently Thronebreaker Summoners 2 chances to obtain this package, post announcement of the Paragon Progression Level requirements.

This third chance will only be for those that did not purchase the Package when they first completed Act 7 Chapter 4 before April 22nd, regardless of if they purchased the offer today. This means that no Summoner should be able to purchase this offer three times.

If you have not completed Act 7 Chapter 4, you will have your second chance to purchase this bundle when you complete that content.

This offer will be re-enabled on May 18th, 2022.

How does this solve the issue with players who weren't Thronebreaker aquiring these resources before hand. And then acquiring it again whenever they do reach 7.4 Exploration. And how does this solve the issue of players having purchased the bundle twice with double the resources aquired than other players in the same league.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian

Rockys3 said:

Rockys3 said:

@Kabam Miike People who got the offer after initially completing act 7 got the chance to get the bundle twice.
    People who did not complete act 7 till now got it once and will again get a chance when they complete it. So they will be also getting 2 chances of getting the bundle
    The only way to make it fair for everyone is to re- offer this bundle to people who did not pick up after their initial clear.
    This is the only way all players will get 2 opportunities to get this offer after they had the knowledge about paragon requirements and will keep everyone on a level playing field.

If you passed on the offer initially and bought it today, you had two opportunities just like everyone else.
    I knew someone will bring this up and thats why I mentioned 2 opportunities after paragon requirements were announced.
    That's irrelevant. Decisions have consequences. You chose to pass initially bc you deemed it not important. Everyone has had or will have two bites at this cherry now. That's about as fair as it gets. I'm glad everyone got the chance to get it that passed but I could not possibly care less they don't have the opportunity to get it twice.
    Apparently they don't have consequences, in this case. lol
    There will still be consequences. They just won't land as discriminantly.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    well that really blows for those of us who can only get it once.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    DoomSite said:

Summoners,

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience as we worked to determine what our future course of action will be.

The team has decided that based on player feedback, we will be surfacing this offer for a third time ONLY to the summoners that originally did not purchase the Act 7.4 Exploration bundle when completing Act 7 Chapter 4. This gives all currently Thronebreaker Summoners 2 chances to obtain this package, post announcement of the Paragon Progression Level requirements.

This third chance will only be for those that did not purchase the Package when they first completed Act 7 Chapter 4 before April 22nd, regardless of if they purchased the offer today. This means that no Summoner should be able to purchase this offer three times.

If you have not completed Act 7 Chapter 4, you will have your second chance to purchase this bundle when you complete that content.

How does this solve the issue with players who weren't Thronebreaker aquiring these resources before hand. And then acquiring it again whenever they do reach 7.4 Exploration. And how does this solve the issue of players having purchased the bundle twice with double the resources aquired than other players in the same league.
    What are you talking about? I think this is a fair solution if they can get it right this time.
  • DoomSiteDoomSite Posts: 6
    Graves_3 said:

DoomSite said:

Summoners,

What are you talking about? I think this is a fair solution if they can get it right this time.
    How is it a fair solution when you have players that are cavalier and below that got the resources. And when they complete 7.4 they'll get that offer again. @Kabam Miike clearly states that the next offer will only be available to those that did not accept the original offer REGARDLESS IF THEY BOUGHT IT TODAY OR NOT.

That means you have a set of people with double the R4 resources. And then you have a set of people who will only get that bundle ONCE.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    DoomSite said:

Graves_3 said:

DoomSite said:

Summoners,

How is it a fair solution when you have players that are cavalier and below that got the resources. And when they complete 7.4 they'll get that offer again. @Kabam Miike clearly states that the next offer will only be available to those that did not accept the original offer REGARDLESS IF THEY BOUGHT IT TODAY OR NOT.

That means you have a set of people with double the R4 resources. And then you have a set of people who will only get that bundle ONCE.
    Those Players will still have to complete the other requirements necessary to get to Paragon. Having the Resources doesn't mean anything until you use them.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    So people who only got it the first time today after skipping it on act 7.4 completion last month, and cant grind 10k units in 2 weeks, will have less of a chance of getting the offer twice, than anyone who did get it today having not completed 7.4 yet.

Those players could wait until July 2nd if they wish, complete 7.4 (after having purchased it today in that 45 min window), get the offer again (having enough units after grinding the next 2 months) and enjoy.

For once it pays to not complete content.

Personally I wasn't going to buy it twice even if I had the units (which i dont) - it was hard enough spending all that once, but I reckon having paragon for 2 months and on July 4th might be good. But I can see clearly why others in my situation would be upset.
  • Trek26Trek26 Posts: 150 ★★
    edited May 2022
    "Why not just make a second permanent offer for those that didn't buy it originally? That way they have time to reach the unit cost and everyone has the opportunity to double dip?"

Idk to quote..
    But I think it's because it'll encourage people to actually play the game and earn the resources rather than spending money which would be bad for them..

They say things like paragon is meant for people that did everything and they meant it but people are paragon without finishing carinas, exploring 7.4, abyss and so on.. their words mean nothing, they won't do anything if it's not making them the most money.. you would think that having people grind the game for the SE chance for those resources would be a little balanced but that doesn't bring revenue
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Summoners,

To clarify, when you say people who haven't completed 7.4 will get their 2nd chance at the bundle when they complete it does that mean the offer will pop up twice at that time? People who are not Thronebreaker that were able to buy it today before you took it down will get a 2nd chance when they complete 7.4 but if you didn't get the chance to buy the offer before you removed it and it doesn't pop up twice when you do 7.4 you still won't get 2 chances, only 1.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    This is great news. I didn’t buy the offer from completion. I didn’t buy the offer today. Now, I can make a better judgement on the offer on 5/18 after seeing EOP rewards on 5/11.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    This is so effed up. If you have the money who could literally bought yourself an r4.
    But there could have been an equal way to solve it. Return the unit tho those who bought it the second time, send out a free package to everyone TB+, then release the offer again for those who didn't buy it after 7.4. Yes, this would move more people closer to paragon, but would be fair to those who can't just buy units leftrightcenter. Because EVERYONE would be closer with the amount of resources, it wouldn't have messed with the delicate AQ prestige war.
    But nah, rip players who don't have the time or money to grind.
    So let me get this straight. People who don't have the Units to buy it either way deserve to be compensated?
    Yeah, Imma disagree on that one.
  • Trek26Trek26 Posts: 150 ★★

So let me get this straight. People who don't have the Units to buy it either way deserve to be compensated?
    Yeah, Imma disagree on that one.

I don't think people deserve or need compensation, just a fair chance to get the offer. It honestly should be in the store for a one time purchase or two time purchase or whatever number they are up to right now instead of a 24 hours offer. Or an offer that'll come in 14 days for 10k units again.. just asking for some balance man. I don't even care if the store offer was the 12k units but once it's permanent until you use up the number of purchases..
    edited May 2022
    The previous poster implied refunding those who bought it, giving a free gift to everyone, then releasing it again. That's not even in the realm of reasonable.
    There is no perfect solution for everyone. Nor was this intended to be for everyone. It is what it is. However, it's for people to buy it if they have the Units. Not to give for free to those who don't.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

Can someone please explain to me now, how any F2P players or even casual spenders like me, are able to dish out 20-30k units for paragon in a 2 -3 week span on offers?

Please tellme how this is progression based, or skill, AW/AQ tier, content etc.. how do those come into the calculations?

The way you do it is by saving up units so that you always have them when offers come around. I've got 15k units after buying both offers and I am far from a spender or heavy grinder. I just almost never use units except for offers.
    benshb said:

The previous poster implied refunding those who bought it, giving a free gift to everyone, then releasing it again. That's not even in the realm of reasonable.
    There is no perfect solution for everyone. Nor was this intended to be for everyone. It is what it is. However, it's for people to buy it of they have the Units. Not to give for free to those who don't.

And why exactly? It was never intended to buy the offer twice. Yet if you had your credit card ready you could buy it. I guess that is reasonable in your views.

Kaban messed it up. They admitted it. But somehow they were able to come out as victors from the situation, and once again F2P / non grinder players were left in the dust. So yes, it would have been reasonable to have every TB+ one set of free rewards, because it wouldn't have throw off the balance. Would people be closer to Paragon? Yes, but that is a cost of the huge mistake.
    I didn't buy it. Those that did, absolutely. It's an Offer. If people have the Units, they can buy it. If they didn't, they can't. That's how any Offer works. Either people have the Units, or they can buy them. That's how things work in life. I'm not owed anything because of the purchases others make with their own time and effort.
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    2 weeks to grind 10k units, oh yes this is a fair solution…
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Yes, please adjust to 2 rank 4. Or better yet, remove this whole you need 6 champs or other requirements since its not tied towards progression.