**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Knull's Sig Ability Doesn't Block Willpower Regeneration?

BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is able to explain to me as to why Knull is able to stop all Regen in the game, but Willpower?

Knull sig ability states that "While CORRUPTION is active and the opponent has ?% Health or less, when they would gain a REGENERATION EFFECT, replace it with Knull's Degeneration Debuff".

Willpower states that "For each new type of Debuff your Champions suffer, they PASSIVELY REGENERATE ?% Health per second and gain +?% Armour until that effect expires. No effect on robots".

Now we know that Knull can shut down passive healing effects such as Sabretooth's healing, but is there a reason Knull cannot shut down WillPower, despite it being defined as passive regeneration?

I would be interested to know people's thoughts on this as I was originally under the assumption his sig ability was the same as warlock's ability to shut down healing.

Comments

• BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★

You can see there is still healing coming through
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    Do you have the despair mastery?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Guys, Despair does not cover the +15% from the recovery mastery.

Does he inflict his degen though? (Awakened Sabretooth so can’t tell where it’s coming from.)

Do you have the despair mastery?

Yep I run 2 points in despair.
    Noobda said:

Blxndy said:

You can see there is still healing coming through

Unlock despair . Put in points.
    I have 2 points in despair.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Willpower isn't a regenaration effect i think. Even Ironman iw doesn't apply heal block for willpower

Have a decent mastery setup and run despair and he shuts down all regen, including willpower, basically the entire fight 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have the correct mastery set up for him - just wondering if anyone had ideas.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Blxndy said:

Have a decent mastery setup and run despair and he shuts down all regen, including willpower, basically the entire fight 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have the correct mastery set up for him - just wondering if anyone had ideas.
    Here.

Despair does not cover the +15% from the recovery mastery

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Here’s my guess - the operative word is “gain.” Willpower isn’t a regen effect gained during the fight. It’s an ability that triggers at the start of the fight and causes regen when appropriate.
    TyEdge said:

Here’s my guess - the operative word is “gain.” Willpower isn’t a regen effect gained during the fight. It’s an ability that triggers at the start of the fight and causes regen when appropriate.

Makes sense