**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Eternity of Pain - Paragon have an advantage?

SeenkSeenk Posts: 206 ★★
Kabam, as far as everyone knows, to get the maximum rewards you need to score 23 points. Question: Only Paragon will be able to score 23 points?

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Well, yeah
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    Imnewby said:

This is pretty rude imo.

Just because I haven’t spent to buy catalysts or earned the available catalysts with high ranking AW, shouldn’t prevent me from getting these catalysts that would help me attain such heights.

Especially when I am good enough to achieve it.

And to counter, the difference between being Cavalier and Thronebreaker argument comes with finishing act 6, which can be attained with reasonable means and guarantees a 6r3 to give you the title.

But in order it be Paragon, you have to spend, or play in a Masters alliance essentially.

This has been the practice for a while. A new title comes out so everything slides down one. I do not have a problem with this and I am not Paragon either. If everything goes well I will get Paragon before EoP ends, just like I got TB before SoP ended and could enjoy extra points from that point on.
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Shoulda got paragon before EOP started. Tough luck
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Seenk said:

Kabam, as far as everyone knows, to get the maximum rewards you need to score 23 points. Question: Only Paragon will be able to score 23 points?

It was literally in the first half of the announcement as well.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Imnewby said:

This is pretty rude imo.

Just because I haven’t spent to buy catalysts or earned the available catalysts with high ranking AW, shouldn’t prevent me from getting these catalysts that would help me attain such heights.

And to counter, the difference between being Cavalier and Thronebreaker argument comes with finishing act 6, which can be attained with reasonable means and guarantees a 6r3 to give you the title.

But in order it be Paragon, you have to spend, or play in a Masters alliance essentially.

Yes. When Kabam said the title is meant for those with EVERYTHING done, they meant everything including high tier war and AQ.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Max points for tb is 17 and paragon can get 23

Also yes paragon players have an advantage as they should

Zan0 said:

Max points for tb is 17 and paragon can get 23

Also yes paragon players have an advantage as they should

So as a TB we get one "free pass" on an objective because the max rewards for us is at 16 points, right?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Imnewby said:

This is pretty rude imo.

Nothing prevents you from getting Paragon. It is just a question of when.

And yes, if you don't get Paragon right now, you will miss out on some stuff Paragons get now. That's how that works. The game will still be around next month.
    Imnewby said:

I really wish people would stop saying this. You aren't "good enough" to achieve Paragon any more than you're good enough to become an astronaut. Paragon is a progress title: you get it when you achieve that much progress. It is not a goodness meter.

The people who collectively do the most get there first. In this game, you can clear content, you can compete in competitive modes, and you can spend. Every one of those things helps: if it didn't, it would be pointless to do at all. If you're only doing one of them, you'll get there later. That's all there is to it, and it isn't changing. That isn't rude, that's practicality, and this has always been true in this game, even if people try to twist history into a pretzel to convince themselves it hasn't been.
    "Paragood" came to mind. Just thought I'd share. Hahaha.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Let Paragon players have advantage but man please let TB get atleast fully formed T4 materials for their max score possible :neutral:
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I genuinely feel for TB players that have done all of the solo content, i.e., Act 7 exploration, all of Carina’s Challenges, Grandmaster’s Gauntlet, SoP, and any other non-alliance based content that grants r4 materials. That’s rough. I’ve been cruising in a non-high-tier alliance for a long time because I like the people I play with and don’t want the stress of pushing harder, so I’m very sympathetic to that.

And if you’ve done all that content and just don’t want to spend to get that last bit of r4 materials, that’s extremely valid and I get your frustration. But the game’s a business first and they need to incentivize and reward spending, and this is a powerful way to do so.

If you haven’t done the content that’s available in the game to give you the materials you need though… then I’m a whole lot less sympathetic. You have ground you can cover still that the players ahead of you have done. I grinded out the Abyss Challenges before EoP dropped specifically to get the last bit of r4 materials I needed to get Paragon before today, and a lot of other players did the same. You don’t have to do that, you can wait for r4 materials to become more plentiful in easier content. And that will happen in time. But if you aren’t willing to do the hard stuff to get the benefit of Paragon sooner, then I don’t feel bad for you.

man I hate when people make reasonable points against more free stuff😡😡😡😡😡