**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suicide masteries

BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I never thought I would think about changing to suicides. I'm currently comfortable with my partial willpower/mystic dispersion/deep wounds build, but the thing is, last couple of months, I got a few champs, who would tear through content on suicide steroids (Knull, Nimrod, Molegod, Diablo, list goes on..).
I'm one of those people, who like to fire specials, even if they don't have to (for example, AA, SP1 helps with spacing and can deal 1-2 neuro if you are lucky), and also, I don't like that HP drain at the beginning of the fight.
So, we have two sides of coin. Champs like Fantastic, Doom, Nick Fury, Apocalypse (at least I think he doesnt like suicides), etc., but also Nimrod, Warlock, Knull, Guardian, etc..
I own all these named meta champs at 6*, and few more (don't wanna brag, just giving more info about my little dilemma).
You can say that Doom might be used with suicides.. he will deal more damage, but he will probably last for about 5 fights. Knull can be used without suicides, but his damage and sustainability will be severely reduced.
So, my final question(s). Do you, veterans and experienced players, recommend suicide masteries for my account and playstyle? And can you build functional suicide masteries with at least one "focus" I mentioned before (DW, MD)?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I'm a heavy suicide mastery user because of Arena and yes, it does take away the fun of firing off specials but the recent meta has been tuning to suicide-friendly champions like Hercules, Diablo, Kitty, Knull, etc. with their passive healing from willpower.

My setup (Max coagulate) allows me to fire an adequate amount of specials for a single quest and even boss fights. 5% net loss max plus 5% per additional special attack. The only downside here are outright anti-suicides node combinations like Special Delivery, Heal Block, etc. but the bonus damage you get from recoil and suicides will make the fights significantly faster that made me prefer to use Doom over BWCV (who is a suicide friendly champion). You're gonna say goodbye to MD too.

Don't worry, you can still use most champs and explore Act 7, 8 (beta) with it. Arena will be thrice faster, AW/AQ will be too. You won't be able to use champions like Professor X though (my favorite champion. *cries*) but there's Storm now and she's nuts with suicides. I use her a lot since her buff.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    Thanks @Vendemiaire!