**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Big Changes Coming to Act 6 this June!

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Pro player move. I have to commend Kabam for doing this finally.

I think it will be much nicer for newer players and keep the game going. Excellent job overall.

I beat act 6 pre nerf a long time ago so I wouldn't mind compensation for those of us who beat act 6 and used a ton of energy and revives to complete it.

And cried about it the entire time πŸ˜‚
    Haha I was right that 6.2.6 champion should've been nerfed for the sake of the game. I think that this entire thread has proven me right over time. Some people aren't afraid to call things out when they know it is harmful to players progress.

Maybe, just maybe you should try it.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 β˜…β˜…β˜…

I don't think people quite understand the amount of people who aren't even bothering with Exportation because of how overtuned it is. It's all well and fine that some have done it. To suggest it's not needed is a bit biased. Have a look at it compared to other Acts. It's not hard to discern. As for wanting people to do it harder, that's just poor taste. If you've gotten through it, great. Let people do it in whatever form it takes. It has no bearing on you after the fact.

At this point, I don't really think it's because of the difficulty. I think they are skipping it to get into act 7 for the better rewards for progression sake.
    I've seen quite a bit of feedback on it. People push to get to TB, then say they're not even bothering with Exploration after the push. I'm sure some are advancing for the Rewards, but even that indicates something is imbalanced.
    I can’t believe I’m about to say this but I agree with @Demonzfyre
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Guytennis said:

I don't think people quite understand the amount of people who aren't even bothering with Exportation because of how overtuned it is. It's all well and fine that some have done it. To suggest it's not needed is a bit biased. Have a look at it compared to other Acts. It's not hard to discern. As for wanting people to do it harder, that's just poor taste. If you've gotten through it, great. Let people do it in whatever form it takes. It has no bearing on you after the fact.

At this point, I don't really think it's because of the difficulty. I think they are skipping it to get into act 7 for the better rewards for progression sake.
    I've seen quite a bit of feedback on it. People push to get to TB, then say they're not even bothering with Exploration after the push. I'm sure some are advancing for the Rewards, but even that indicates something is imbalanced.
    I can’t believe I’m about to say this but I agree with @Demonzfyre
    I mean....they're going to do what they want either way. At least Exploration is more accessible.

For the people saying those who've explored act 6 100% are not affected by these changes so they shouldn't ask for compensation, you'd also not be affected by those who've already explored act 6 being compensated. So I'm not sure what the big deal is with asking about it.

Can't speak for anyone else, but when I said they aren't affected, I meant affected by people having an easier time. Not the Compensation question. There seems to be a sentiment that people should "work for it" like others did. I don't think that view is in perspective.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ya..no..people are skipping over act 6 exploration because of the effort to reward ratio. Not necessarily the difficulty. The only semi valuable thing from act 6 exploration is the awakening gem which is class based so people don’t really think the rewards are worth exploring act 6. The nerf isn’t going to make people want to explore it if they were not planning on exploring it anyways. What it may do is make it easier for the initial clear of act 6 so people can move on to act 7 and beyond with minimal or no roadblocks.
    Graves_3 said:

Ya..no..people are skipping over act 6 exploration because of the effort to reward ratio. Not necessarily the difficulty. The only semi valuable thing from act 6 exploration is the awakening gem which is class based so people don’t really think the rewards are worth exploring act 6. The nerf isn’t going to make people want to explore it if they were not planning on exploring it anyways. What it may do is make it easier for the initial clear of act 6 so people can move on to act 7 and beyond with minimal or no roadblocks.
    The effort to Reward ratio is connected to the difficulty. It's another way of saying it's too much for what it's worth.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Some of us beat Act 3 Thanos (when he was the final boss) with unawakened rank 3 3*s (and a handful of revives) before there was such a thing as parry or dexterity masteries. The games evolves. Get over it.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,302 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Graves_3 said:

The effort to Reward ratio is connected to the difficulty. It's another way of saying it's too much for what it's worth.
    Time as well. Unless they chop off the number of paths, it’s still not worth exploration at this point. Difficulty is not just based on the amount of resources required but also on the time commitment required. Some of the acts have 10 paths and several fights on each path. All for what? A six star class awakening gem?

I think it will be much nicer for newer players and keep the game going. Excellent job overall.

I beat act 6 pre nerf a long time ago so I wouldn't mind compensation for those of us who beat act 6 and used a ton of energy and revives to complete it.

Haha I was right that 6.2.6 champion should've been nerfed for the sake of the game. I think that this entire thread has proven me right over time. Some people aren't afraid to call things out when they know it is harmful to players progress.

You've lost the plot if you think the game is better today than it was then. Now it's just burn energy on easy content and complain about spenders while you basically autocomplete content.

People are complaining constantly about this game being about transactions over playing. How do you think that happened? When story content is marginalized, the importance of roster "progression" gets focused on. You're never going to have it all, that's just being delusional.
    Yeah, nothing is perfect (duh). That doesn't change the fact that I was right about 6.2.6. All of your talk abotu what people are complaining today is just a deflection away from my initial point that is undisputed.

More people are happy overall with story content being easier. Also there's plenty of content that you can't just auto fight through (SOP, Carina, Grandmaster Gauntlet), Kabam just needs to make more of it which is a productivity issue on their part. Kabam just took the easy way out by making it based on transactions.

Act 6 in it's original state would be way less of an issue now. 6*'s weren't around when 6.1 was released and the only way to have a R5 5* was to 100% act 5.

There are many outlets now for champs and rank up materials that just didn't exist back then. People are taking 6*'s to R2 left and right before they hit level 60. We we TBs at like level 55, people at level 48 wanting more catalyst space because they haven't leveled up enough to R3 a 6*.

This change is only going to catapult that mindset even further. With all the new champs and counters we have to content now, they could put Act 6 back to original and we'd still see the advancement of progression we see today.
    No we wouldn't I have a guy in my alliance right now that has 4 r4 champions and he said (I'm paraphrasing) "whoohoo I knew not exploring act 6 was going to pay off eventually." I will share the screenshot in you don't believe me. People have been skipping act 6 exploration because it was simply not worth the rewards if you're starting a new account. Now with 2 energy and much easier bosses people will explore it across the board.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

You've lost the plot if you think the game is better today than it was then. Now it's just burn energy on easy content and complain about spenders while you basically autocomplete content.

People are complaining constantly about this game being about transactions over playing. How do you think that happened? When story content is marginalized, the importance of roster "progression" gets focused on. You're never going to have it all, that's just being delusional.
    Yeah, nothing is perfect (duh). That doesn't change the fact that I was right about 6.2.6. All of your talk abotu what people are complaining today is just a deflection away from my initial point that is undisputed.

More people are happy overall with story content being easier. Also there's plenty of content that you can't just auto fight through (SOP, Carina, Grandmaster Gauntlet), Kabam just needs to make more of it which is a productivity issue on their part. Kabam just took the easy way out by making it based on transactions.
    Why on earth would you ever expect compensation from content you did years ago? Is that the point you claim is "undisputed"?

It's laughable you call it a productivity issues on Kabams part. Like it's simple to just snap your fingers and make content appear. SMH.

Act 6 in it's original state would be way less of an issue now. 6*'s weren't around when 6.1 was released and the only way to have a R5 5* was to 100% act 5.

There are many outlets now for champs and rank up materials that just didn't exist back then. People are taking 6*'s to R2 left and right before they hit level 60. We we TBs at like level 55, people at level 48 wanting more catalyst space because they haven't leveled up enough to R3 a 6*.

This change is only going to catapult that mindset even further. With all the new champs and counters we have to content now, they could put Act 6 back to original and we'd still see the advancement of progression we see today.
    My comment got deleted but I was saying that I have people in my alliance with 4 r4 6 stars that haven't explored act 6 that will do so now because of the nerf. So you're completely wrong about who this nerf effects. It is a matter of the content not being worth the effort that is no longer the case. About 5 other people commented about this, in this same thread whether you'd like to ignore that fact or not.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm a fan of the one-off content. You run through it once, it's done. The old Act 6 was way too much to run through so many times for exploration.

Pay to win complaints never made any sense because you still have to fight the fights. You can't pay to skip or pay to get OP gear. I guess you could pilot, but why even have the game if you aren't even the one playing it?

I think the game is better, but less fun than it used to be (I enjoyed playing the most back when willpower was super OP). I could have explored the old Act 6, but it wasn't fun and it wasn't necessary to do more than one path, so I didn't. This change to Act 6 pushes it towards fun while keeping the complexity of other content intact. They still have a ways to go. It's still too hard to get the champs you want, whether who you want is OG Black Panther or Wong. The common champs and OG champs that even my mom recognizes all suck and Kabam doesn't seem inclined to address that.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Only for a small percentage of players. Act 6 is still difficult compared to the average player of the game, and it is the average player of the game that the core content needs to target. Just like the game needs whales to survive or there's no game, the game needs to serve the needs of the average player who downloads it or the player population whither and then there's no game.

For the average player Act 6 is still a significant roadblock to progression, even for just first time progression, much less exploration. And for every player that slogs through it, there are probably many players that just decide to quit the game. The fact that the content is *theoretically* achievable doesn't mean everyone who can complete it does complete it.

The story arc content is the core content of the game. It is intended to be the content that everyone completes. There's a place for high difficulty challenging content. But the story arcs are not it. It is fine if the average player can't complete the Abyss or Grandmaster's Gauntlet. It gives them something to work towards. But if a player gets blocked indefinitely in the core progressional content, there's nowhere to go to work towards that.

Sure, we can cater to the slice of the playerbase that either intrinsically is skilled enough to make it through tough story arc content, or the slightly larger slice willing to grind long periods of time to build up to it. But frankly, there just aren't that many players willing to do that in a seven year old game.

You put Act 6 back to its original form and many of us will still be able to blast through it even easier than before. But we're going to be doing it all by ourselves in an empty game no one else wants to play or pay for, so we will have to blast through it quickly before it disappears.
    I dunno...... All these Cav players wanting a crack at EoP.... They can have their permanent EoP in OG Act 6 lol
    I get it. I make enemies on both sides of the pond when I say that core content difficulty needs to come down to average players, and also say that average players need to sit down and shut up when it comes to specifically challenging or gated content. It is very difficult to balance the two forces, and it can often seem like any concession to one side only emboldens them to try bend the whole game to their needs.

But the fact remains, the game needs moderate core content, and it needs higher challenge content, because if the game is to survive it needs something for everyone, not everything for someone. The people who think everything is supposed to be meant for them (the word "fun" is usually the key red flag here) are the real problem, and they come in every tier of the game.
    Which is why I came around to story being a joke for the competitive tiers of players. You still have those same players that wanted it crying about title requirements and that absolutely doesn't sit well.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Only for a small percentage of players. Act 6 is still difficult compared to the average player of the game, and it is the average player of the game that the core content needs to target. Just like the game needs whales to survive or there's no game, the game needs to serve the needs of the average player who downloads it or the player population whither and then there's no game.

For the average player Act 6 is still a significant roadblock to progression, even for just first time progression, much less exploration. And for every player that slogs through it, there are probably many players that just decide to quit the game. The fact that the content is *theoretically* achievable doesn't mean everyone who can complete it does complete it.

The story arc content is the core content of the game. It is intended to be the content that everyone completes. There's a place for high difficulty challenging content. But the story arcs are not it. It is fine if the average player can't complete the Abyss or Grandmaster's Gauntlet. It gives them something to work towards. But if a player gets blocked indefinitely in the core progressional content, there's nowhere to go to work towards that.

Sure, we can cater to the slice of the playerbase that either intrinsically is skilled enough to make it through tough story arc content, or the slightly larger slice willing to grind long periods of time to build up to it. But frankly, there just aren't that many players willing to do that in a seven year old game.

You put Act 6 back to its original form and many of us will still be able to blast through it even easier than before. But we're going to be doing it all by ourselves in an empty game no one else wants to play or pay for, so we will have to blast through it quickly before it disappears.
    I dunno...... All these Cav players wanting a crack at EoP.... They can have their permanent EoP in OG Act 6 lol
    I get it. I make enemies on both sides of the pond when I say that core content difficulty needs to come down to average players, and also say that average players need to sit down and shut up when it comes to specifically challenging or gated content. It is very difficult to balance the two forces, and it can often seem like any concession to one side only emboldens them to try bend the whole game to their needs.

But the fact remains, the game needs moderate core content, and it needs higher challenge content, because if the game is to survive it needs something for everyone, not everything for someone. The people who think everything is supposed to be meant for them (the word "fun" is usually the key red flag here) are the real problem, and they come in every tier of the game.
    Well said. We are definitely in agreement on this one. Even though I still complain and get the content done anyways. lmao

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Well said. We are definitely in agreement on this one. Even though I still complain and get the content done anyways. lmao
    You've moaned about Paragon title requirements more than anyone πŸ˜‚
    Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Thats because paragon is the first title you can't naturally get just by doing story content atm.
    Bc story content is irrelevant now, which is what all you people seem to want πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Buttehrs said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Thats because paragon is the first title you can't naturally get just by doing story content atm.
    Bc story content is irrelevant now, which is what all you people seem to want πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    I could care less what happens with story content honestly. I've always know I can come back to it when my roster is ready for it or to make it easier than the first run through like most games of this style.