**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

KAMALA KHAN

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
With her show coming out in June, if she doesn’t get buffed with next update Kabam is terrible.

That’s all I have to say.

Comments

• GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

She will probably not get buffed cuz she has her own carina challange.

They’re disabling a few of the challenges with the June update including Punch Out. There’s hope.

Guytennis said:

With her show coming out in June, if she doesn’t get buffed with next update Kabam is terrible.

This might just be the worst argument for Kabam being terrible I’ve ever seen
    If they’re planning on buffing her, when would be a better time?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

I didn’t say that this was a bad time to buff her, what I said was that the argument of “Kabam is terrible if they don’t buff a decent champ” even when they they’ve said that they don’t do buffs along with shows/movies is quite possibly the worst one I’ve seen
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    It's highly unlikely for any of the Carina's challenge champions to get buffed anytime soon

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

I didn’t say that this was a bad time to buff her, what I said was that the argument of “Kabam is terrible if they don’t buff a decent champ” even when they they’ve said that they don’t do buffs along with shows/movies is quite possibly the worst one I’ve seen
    While I agree there are many other things that one would could argue regarding why kabam is terrible, implying KK is a decent champ is laughable. She was included in a poll (by kabam) in 2019 of champs that had poor utilization and performance. To imply she’s decent 3 years later is ludicrous.

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

While I agree there are many other things that one would could argue regarding why kabam is terrible, implying KK is a decent champ is laughable. She was included in a poll (by kabam) in 2019 of champs that had poor utilization and performance. To imply she’s decent 3 years later is ludicrous.

I would recommend that you go check out swedeah’s videos of him soloing different stuff with her, I know he’s got a few labyrinth ones (including maestro), saw a hydra adaptoid , I’m sure there’s other stuff out there too
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Guytennis said:

They’re disabling a few of the challenges with the June update including Punch Out. There’s hope.

That's not how this works. It's not how any of this works

Guytennis said:

That's not how this works. It's not how any of this works
    Please explain how it works.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Kabam has already explained on stuff like this works.

When they build a new Champion to go it in line with the movie release, they're given specs of what the characters supposed to look like so that way the in-game version can resemble them and then they'll schedule the debut to coincide with when the movie releases.

Now obviously with the last two years, movie dates have gotten shuffled around and pushed back which is how we ended up getting Black Widow (deadly origin) and Red Guardian well before their movie came out.

And in regards to buffing Up Older champions, it all relates to the resources required and the timetable they're working on, so if they're working on a extremely busy month with other side content as well as two new releases, they figure they have the resources to buff two Champions but they're not going to be overhauls, instead we're going to have one numbers bump and a moderate update. And even as they explained with Mordo that even if they would have swapped him out for Doctor Strange, Doctor Strange objectively needs a hell of a lot more than just an update to his kit and at the moment they couldn't commit those resources and Personnel to do him justice, so in order to make sure that we at least got two this month, they went with the easier option to update Mordo.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Say what you want about kamala khan but she was the only champ in my roster(poison immune) who was able to solo 6.1 crossbones. Long fight but I was able to take him down.

Everytime a character shows up on a movie or series, everyone runs to the forums to ask the same question. We didn't get a buff for Wanda, or Vision, or Winter Soldier, or Loki, or Moon Night, or Doctor Strange. What we got was, a new Wanda, a new Falcon, Wong, America. So if we're about to get anything, ut's not a buff, but a new character, because Kabam don't give the players the opportunity to have good champs without buying them

Based on the Jane Foster buff coinciding with the release of her movie seems to prove both you and @shadow_lurker22 completely wrong, just as I had originally suspected.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I would absolutely love a khamala buff, I enjoy her already, love her animations and character, she’s already better then she gets credit for but I would love to see here get a really hood buff bc she’s been a meme for so long. While we’re at it, seriously what’s the deal with buffing the iron man’s? Og, superior iron man and iron patriot desperately need a buff and it’s iron man. I mean cmon!!!! It’s time. Justice for iron man/s
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

I would absolutely love a khamala buff, I enjoy her already, love her animations and character, she’s already better then she gets credit for but I would love to see here get a really hood buff bc she’s been a meme for so long. While we’re at it, seriously what’s the deal with buffing the iron man’s? Og, superior iron man and iron patriot desperately need a buff and it’s iron man. I mean cmon!!!! It’s time. Justice for iron man/s

A lot of the deciding factors revolve around the timetable they have to work with as well as resources available in case they're working on other content at the same time. Busy months for example are less likely to give us an overhaul but either two updates or 1 update and a numbers bump, so what you really want to hope for is a slow month because that way they can put a little more time on getting overhauls done for champions.

Although overhauls take the longest, so they're usually in the back of the line.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Despite all the hate for Kamala, she’s better than people give her credit for in game. There are other champs with literally no use I’d rather see buffed first (SIM, all the OG Avengers, etc)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Etm34 said:

Despite all the hate for Kamala, she’s better than people give her credit for in game. There are other champs with literally no use I’d rather see buffed first (SIM, all the OG Avengers, etc)

I've always wondered why she has Nullify, since that's often only seen in Mystics 🤨.

Edit: she also has a spelling mistake in her abilities, it's supposed to be "Nullify", not Nulify.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Etm34 said:

I've always wondered why she has Nullify, since that's often only seen in Mystics 🤨.

Edit: she also has a spelling mistake in her abilities, it's supposed to be "Nullify", not Nulify.

Kamala isn't alone. There's a small population of cosmic champs who have abilities that functionally Nullify or Remove buffs, even if they're not called 'Nullify':
    Kamala Khan
    Venom
    Venompool
    Cosmic Ghost Rider (Fate Seal)
    Captain Marvel Movie (Heavy 'Removes' all armour - functions as Nullify)
    Ronan ('Converts' Fury to Weakness, and Armour to Broken)
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Obviously Kamala needs some more use in her kit to be a viable rank up candidate for 99% of the player base but there are champs who have nothing going for them. Groot exists, 2015 champs exist. However, your point makes a lot of sense. In fact, they are buffing Thor Jane Foster in the month her movie comes out but this seems to be a coincidence. Kabam has gone the way of handing out free 3 Stars for characters when their show/movie comes out instead.