**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

EOP Blade Applies Bleed when Hitting into Block Mid-Combo (video included)

TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Blade's abilities read that he applies a bleed to the opponent when activating a well-timed block.

How is he able to do this in the middle of a combo? It's not on the nodes, and the AI shouldn't be able to activate a well-timed block mid-combo. Let me know if I'm missing something here, but this doesn't seem right.

Fast forward to 0:56 to see when the bleed applies.

https://youtu.be/LjADTxGbBHw
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Well timed blocks and parry are different. Anyone, AI or not can perform a well timed block. Parry is just a well timed block with stun and therefore can only be used by a summoners champion or the parry node
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    In the middle of a combo though? Seems a bit strange, but your explanations make sense.
  • Yeah I noticed this a couple of times where I'd hit his block that he was holding and get a bleed
  • IgnobleIgnoble Posts: 79

while the comments above me are true, the video is showcasing something a bit different. both of her medium attacks connect into block and are not well-timed blocks. then, it looks like blade untriggers his block for a milisecond and then triggers it again right before black widow throws her first light attack. this is showing the ai literally has learned to reparry

The Blade AI has become sentient. All shall fall before the Blade AI.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

In the middle of a combo though? Seems a bit strange, but your explanations make sense.

The AI these days has evolved so much, that is even able to reparry 😂

while the comments above me are true, the video is showcasing something a bit different. both of her medium attacks connect into block and are not well-timed blocks. then, it looks like blade untriggers his block for a milisecond and then triggers it again right before black widow throws her first light attack. this is showing the ai literally has learned to reparry

Yeah it would make sense if he was able to perform a well-timed block on the first hit, but in the middle of the combo doesn't make much sense to me.
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 670 ★★★
    This is not from Well-time block or Reparrt, it is from hitting into block.

This have been a problem for awhile now, where AI is performing "Well-time block" while HOLD block.

It is more noticeable when playing in Arena, BG and AW.

Just one of the many bugs and issues that getting no response from Kabam.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

This have been a problem for awhile now, where AI is performing "Well-time block" while HOLD block.

that's actually a little bit false. there was a thread a couple of weeks ago that i can't find where ai would parry while just holding (not releasing) block. a hotfix was sent out and that issue was fixed. now, i might not be experiencing this, but that doesn't mean others aren't. a hotfix at least went out, may not have fixed the problem from anyone. but they did at least respond and make an attempt and fix it for some. also, you can see blade did release block for a bit
    it is very slight, but you can see blade's hand go up here, which shows that his block was released and then re-applied, resulting in a well-timed block. it's very stupid, but that's what happens for anyone who can't see it

it is very slight, but you can see blade's hand go up here, which shows that his block was released and then re-applied, resulting in a well-timed block. it's very stupid, but that's what happens for anyone who can't see it

Agreed that's what happened. Question is: should that be able to happen? I don't recall that ever being an intended AI feature.

Fryday said:

that's actually a little bit false. there was a thread a couple of weeks ago that i can't find where ai would parry while just holding (not releasing) block. a hotfix was sent out and that issue was fixed. now, i might not be experiencing this, but that doesn't mean others aren't. a hotfix at least went out, may not have fixed the problem from anyone. but they did at least respond and make an attempt and fix it for some. also, you can see blade did release block for a bit
    Hi @TheBair123

You are right that there was a thread on this problem a few weeks ago, and Kabam did release a hotfix for it.

It does reduce how often it happen, but it still happened (at least for me anyway, I get it at least once every 2 out of 3 fights).

I also just watch the clip again at 0.25x speed and from what I seen, I can't spot when Blade release his block, for me it look like he was continue holding block.

Is that not the movement (animation) of BWDO push Blade back as she hitting into Blade's block?

Either way I sure we can agree that the AI is not playing as they should.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Interesting. Has the AI always been able to do this? It’s almost like there’s been some change.

I had a similar experience and thought it was a node. At least this explains why I couldn’t find the reason in the node descriptions.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Interesting. Has the AI always been able to do this? It’s almost like there’s been some change.

I had a similar experience and thought it was a node. At least this explains why I couldn’t find the reason in the node descriptions.

Dr. Zola

My answer is no, but there’s not too much of an effective track record of this. You could search “AI reparry,” and nothing would come up, but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen in the past. My hypothesis is that the AI somehow knows or is made to know that after the first medium, the user is generally going to dash back, so the AI releases its block. In this situation, you can see it released its block and threw a well timed block. I can’t imagine it’s intended, so I would assume it’s either a bug or the AI has changed and this is evidence of that
    And to make sure our mods get what they need...

Device and Version: iPhone 8+

Device Operating System: iOS 15.4.1

Mobile Carrier: (Example AT&T): Xfinity

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Game Version Installed: 35.0.1

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Eternity of Pain

Champions Affected: Black Widow Dark Origin. 6* Rank 3. Sig awakened at level 53.

Active Boosts: None.

Description of the Issue: The AI is performing a well-timed block mid-combo while I hit into block.

Screenshot or Video: See OP.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    This was something I saw immediately after the input fix beta was made live when we could opt in. I’d literally be able to toggle it on and off, and when it was on the AI could do this.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    You got re parried
  • Typhoon said:

Blade's abilities read that he applies a bleed to the opponent when activating a well-timed block.

How is he able to do this in the middle of a combo? It's not on the nodes, and the AI shouldn't be able to activate a well-timed block mid-combo. Let me know if I'm missing something here, but this doesn't seem right.

Thanks for sharing the video of what you're seeing, details, and the device info. I've passed it on to the rest of the team to take a look into. Would you be able to tell me off the top of your head if this has happened when taking other characters into this fight or against Blade in other game modes? Just wanted to double-check just in case.

Typhoon said:

Thanks for sharing the video of what you're seeing, details, and the device info. I've passed it on to the rest of the team to take a look into. Would you be able to tell me off the top of your head if this has happened when taking other characters into this fight or against Blade in other game modes? Just wanted to double-check just in case.
    I'll duel a blade and see what happens. Stay tuned.

Typhoon said:

It does happen against other champs that aren’t Blade. I don’t have a video at the moment, but I’ve experienced it in other modes against other champs. It’s also important to note that it’s happened to me against champs with a one-hit medium, and not just with BWDO’s two-hit medium. Hope this helps
  • ProfessorGProfessorG Posts: 73
    I also had this happen when hitting into block multiple times with OGBP.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian

Typhoon said:

I can guarantee you that I've been reparried by way more than just blade. I'm always seeing the AI in act 7 and AQ dropping block and blocking again while I'm hitting their block.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Typhoon said:

Reparry ?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

@Kabam Zibiit

So this is interesting. I tried three different fights against Blade in "Practice" mode. The first one I used Captain America Infinity War. As you'll see in the video below, I had no issue. Keep in mind that CAIW has a standard 5-hit combo into block.

https://youtu.be/TxwSpGF4_Ro

Then, I tried again using Black Widow Dark Origin again. Since I have the parry mastery activated, you can see that I'm getting parried when attempting a light attack after the first medium into block.

https://youtu.be/deXVJAFSyGg

Seems that this issue may relate to timing of light attacks after 2+ first hit mediums. To test this theory further, I tried again with Domino since she has a 2+ first hit medium. You can see Parry shows up on the right side of the screen.

https://youtu.be/58b0gX6QwkE

Happens again. I believe I've provided enough information at this point to show that there is an issue with how the AI is reacting to characters who have a 2+ first hit medium.

I'd ask that you guys investigate all instances with AI interactions/well-timed block speeds and 2+ first hit champions.

Maybe because of the delay caused by double mediums five ai time to parry?