**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Invaders: A Golden Age Wish

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in Suggestions and Requests

When classic covers like this come across my timeline, I’m struck by how much fun it would be to have the Invaders in game.

Namor and a pair of Caps are already in game, and both Caps could stand to get a synergy boost. Union Jack could be a terrific Skill or Science champ (with potential synergy links to other UK champs), the original Human Torch (who was an Android with ties to Vision) could tie in with the Visions as well as other robots, and Spitfire (whose blood transfusion from the original Torch after being bitten by Baron Blood, another potential champ—who could tie in with Dracula, if he ever makes his appearance in MCoC) makes for an interesting fire-based speedster combo. Add in the Roger Aubrey Destroyer for good mix and maybe even enhance Bucky’s synergies and you’re off to a great start. Plus there’s this Red Skull guy who might benefit from new synergies (maybe even introduce the WW2 Skull?).

Need more? The Invaders potentially bring in ways to introduce everything from Kree characters to John Walker’s US Agent as well as a variety of HYDRA characters like Strucker and Zemo and last, but not least, the brilliant and incomparable Arnim Zola. The team links up with so many Marvel characters from way back as well as currently and present potentially fun and interesting templates for champ kit-building.

Great opportunity. Hope someone takes a look (and I know this belongs in Suggestions, but the Suggestions page is more like the suggestions “pasture.”

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I’m deeply unsettled that there’s a version of human torch who doesn’t have a face
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★

I’m deeply unsettled that there’s a version of human torch who doesn’t have a face

He does. He had a human persona when he turned his flames off. Hammond was the last name he went by (can’t remember the first name)
  • Options

He does. He had a human persona when he turned his flames off. Hammond was the last name he went by (can’t remember the first name)
    Jim Hammond. If I’m not mistaken, his body was the starting point for the Vision. Some old time villain split the old Torch body into two parts, and the second one was used by Ultron to create the Avengers version of the Vision. The other was used to fight the FF by the Mad Thinker.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,811 ★★★★★
    Torch and Vision's backstory's been retconned so many times I don't even remember what the current state is.

YAY for Union Jack and Spitfire love, though.

ALSO: we really need to get Warrior Woman and Master Man as well as Baron Blood, and then U-Man for the full ****-JLA analogues set.
  • Options

Torch and Vision's backstory's been retconned so many times I don't even remember what the current state is.

ALSO: we really need to get Warrior Woman and Master Man as well as Baron Blood, and then U-Man for the full ****-JLA analogues set.

100%. Flaming Skull would be nice as well. Lots of Golden Oldies that are pretty good templates for champ design but aren’t so well known.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I can’t quite remember, but way, way, way, way back when, one of my first posts ever on this forum — as in, maybe one of the first two or three — was a request for Jim Hammond to make it into the game

Man. I would LOVE for that character to make it into the game, for all the reasons Zola listed

I know I care about history more than most people, but Cap, Namor and, to me, Jim Hammond should be in every game Marvel ever creates

I will definitely hope for this to happen
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,811 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

100%. Flaming Skull would be nice as well. Lots of Golden Oldies that are pretty good templates for champ design but aren’t so well known.

Dr. Zola
    Blazing Skull would slap.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, @DrZola!

If you would like them to be considered along with everyone else's ideas, please be sure to post them in our dedicated Character Wishlist Thread.

When trying to decide which new Champions to add, our Game Team reviews that thread for inspiration. Suggestions posted in separate discussions like this are likely to be missed.
This discussion has been closed.