**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Paragon calendar

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

2%/2%/5% t5cc

Comments

• Options
    SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 342 ★★★
    The only complaint I have is the L1 revive and the L2 revive.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    The gold days seem really underwhelming to me (not talking about the gold crystal days - those net a minimum of 117k and 2x 156k gold. I'm happy with that just for logging in lol). I would have preferred T5B and/or T2A to replace those normal gold days.

But overall, seems like a nice upgrade from the TB calendar.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★
    What about the cavalier shards calendar? is the different from thronebreaker?
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Yes that could have been L2 instead of L1 and L3 instead of L2.
    Same goes for potions
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Nice calender. Was curious about what it would look like, thanks for posting
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    3k 6* shards (this month at least) is nice. Also dont mind the t3a and t6b at all - could be more but could be nothing. If things like the battleground store give t2a and t5b at current or better rates than the beta then missing it in calendar won't be so bad.
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★

I found the t3A and t6b amount pointless. By the time you form 1 of each just using the calendar, there will be a new progression title!

Good thing the calendar isn't the only source of t3a and t6b. Stop being ridiculous.
    With that amount I would prefer the t5b. I don’t expect to be gifted a rank 4 out of the calendar just if they put it in it should be something a touch more otherwise within 2 years they should have the next progression title, and after a year the amount in the calendar would be far superseded by what you can get in monthly content . The rest of the items are good, just a nice little step up.
  • Options

I found the t3A and t6b amount pointless. By the time you form 1 of each just using the calendar, there will be a new progression title!

Good thing the calendar isn't the only source of t3a and t6b. Stop being ridiculous.
    With that amount I would prefer the t5b. I don’t expect to be gifted a rank 4 out of the calendar just if they put it in it should be something a touch more otherwise within 2 years they should have the next progression title, and after a year the amount in the calendar would be far superseded by what you can get in monthly content . The rest of the items are good, just a nice little step up.
    You're delusional. A calendar isn't supposed to be a main source of any material. The sheer fact that it has R4 mats is perfectly fine.
  • Options
    Rillian said:

You're delusional. A calendar isn't supposed to be a main source of any material. The sheer fact that it has R4 mats is perfectly fine.
    What are the dailies like?
    Buffed up TBs basically. Chance at a 6*. I've pulled a couple t5b, 5k 6* shards, mostly t2a.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    My 3rd daily I pulled t6b..was quite pleased

Rillian said:

Buffed up TBs basically. Chance at a 6*. I've pulled a couple t5b, 5k 6* shards, mostly t2a.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Over half of my paragon dailies have been a single T4B catalyst. Which is objectively not good
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★

I’m considering the requirement to obtain paragon vs the materials required to obtain that title a second time (hypothetically)

In prefer to obtain the paragon title you need 9 of each. 20 months to obtain one of each = 60 months to obtain one additional R4, 180 months to obtain the three R4’s.

Compare that to the TB calendar providing 5%t5cc a month, the limiting resource for TB title. You could say 20 months to obtain a t5cc (but that would assume all pulled were the same class. So equal pulling of each class over the same 180 months would give you 6 R3’s, let’s half that for randomness so make it 3 fully formed t5cc, although I am sure DNA would be able to give us the statistical probability of what the most likely outcome would be (I believe it would be more likely 4).

Now you are thinking 4 R4’s vs 3-4 R3’s is perfectly reasonable, but I am comparing to the Kabam appointed requirement to obtain that progression title, at what rate the calendar would cause you to duplicate it. So the Paragon calendar would provide 1/3 of what TB calendar provides towards the limiting rank material.

Obviously progression slows, but I think doubling the amount of R4 materials would be reasonable. Even if they do a calendar refresh in 6 months time (when I think everyone would really notice the inconsequential amount).
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★

After EOP I’m be like 1.3k tier 3 aplha so this calendar hurts my eyes but well I’m be there’s sooner or later probably only missing things month
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

Why? It is, together with the refill, the only item on the calender that keeps the exact same value for any progression level. It is not static health but always a percentage of the health of your champs.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I’m considering the requirement to obtain paragon vs the materials required to obtain that title a second time (hypothetically)
    I don't see any reason to connect these two things. There's no "proportionality of roster rank up" rule that would make this valid. Making the roster threshold higher for Paragon than for TB was actually intended to dilute the relative value of catalyst fragments. TB requires just one R3 and that R3 requires just one high value catalyst. That created problems when it came to balancing T5CC catalyst fragments as a reward currency. It now takes three R4s each of which requiring three T6B and three T3A which means the relative value of a fragment percentage of a catalyst when it comes to progression tier specifically is now almost twenty times lower, and this creates a lot of room to design rewards.

But separate from progress tier concerns, the value of one R4 in a roster of R4s is no different from the value of one R3 in a roster of R3s. It takes the same number of R4s to "fill out" a roster as it does R3s. So having the calendar be proportional to the tier requirement would make higher progression players fill rosters *faster* relative to lower ones, which is the exact opposite of what you would ordinarily design into the progression system.

To illustrate the point, if in an extreme case for discussion purposes the next progress tier required ten rank fives, you wouldn't expect the calendar to contain ten times more rank up materials just to proportionalize that. This would obviously be broken. But if the proportionality rule is broken at ten, it is suspect at three. Proportionality rules do not suddenly break at double digits.
  • Options
    ck87_ck87_ Posts: 45
    what about 6k golds? isn't it too much :D
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    2k in guaranteed 6* shards with most months getting another 1-1.5k on top of that is great for paragon players. Us mere thronbreakers have to stick with our “uncollected” crystal shards for a 10% chance of getting a few dozen 6* shards. Think @DrZola made a post a few weeks about how the game economy has switched so much to make Thronebreaker resources outdated and needing addressing (paraphrasing but think that was the gist of it). I think uncollected crystals are a perfect example of something that shouldn’t be near Thronebreaker progression based resources, but I guess this is the incentive to push onwards for the next progression title.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I m not Paragon yet, but I was expecting to see a brand new crystal with the title and its calendar, a TB one instead of the cavalier, containing 4-6* champs and no 3* at all.