**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Initial thoughts on yondu buff.

Definitely an improvement in terms of damage. Love the utility that was added. But just feels like it needs more.

I'd make the precision off the l3 permenant. With a max stack of 1. I would also change the % to trigger a bleed/armor break to 60% on base then incorporate a increase/decrease of chance depending on class relations.(20% increase with advantage)(20% decrease with disadvantage)

Then add a taunt or infuriate on the heavy attack lasting 12 seconds. Also reduce the combat power rate reduction to -30% just feel like -50% extends the ramp up for l2 by a large margin.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

6k medium crits after waiting for 12 special's isn't encouraging...

I don’t get his design, you’re supposed to get a lot of specials baited out, but his kit is designed around giving opponents less power. Seems kinda counter intuitive.

Like, Magik getting a boost for how many specials her opponent throws would kinda suck.
    It isn't an ideal design, that's for sure.

It does work a bit better when he's Awakened, since those Weakness debuffs are fairly short-lived. As they double your pre-existing debuffs, they'll substantially reduce the power your opponent gets if you throw your own Special Attacks after baiting out theirs.

And I guess the Power denial mechanic helps you make use of his (slightly too short) high-damage phase.

But on the whole, yes: counter-intuitive and a bit counter-productive.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022

What rank is that?
    I've got him as a 6*r2. I don't run suicides, and I was getting bigger hits than that including a 15k Heavy crit (split between two hits, 4k and 11k).

It doesn't last long though: 14s is over pretty quickly; particularly since the SP2 itself is 4-5s long.

Still, it's a definite improvement, from this pre-buff (underwhelming):

To this post-buff (adequate/useable):

I think this buff is a success in making Yondu useable. His damage really was an issue before, and now it's not a barrier to playing him, if you want to.

So, Yondu post-buff: useable, not amazing; but has unique utility that will work for certain scenarios and opponents. Not the best buff (by far), but better than quite a few have been!
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★

What rank is that?
    I've got him as a 6*r2. I don't run suicides, and I was getting bigger hits than that including a 15k Heavy crit (split between two hits, 4k and 11k).

It doesn't last long though: 14s is over pretty quickly; particularly since the SP2 itself is 4-5s long.

I think this buff is a success in making Yondu useable. His damage really was an issue before, and now it's not a barrier to playing him, if you want to.

So, Yondu post-buff: useable, not amazing; but has unique utility that will work for certain scenarios and opponents. Not the best buff (by far), but better than quite a few have been!
    Rank 1 6 star
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Mordo, Guillotine level update - simple usage, bit more damage but players who have better options are unlikely to opt for Yondu unless you really like him

I wonder if the data will show increased use in the next 6 months - what is the measure of success for a champ update?
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I'm please with his buff. Mine is R1 sig 20 as a 6 star.

I did a test in Act 6 vs a sp3 and with 0 weakness he went from 95% to 0 vs a Hood and even if he did survive, the bleed would have killed him.

Did the fight over and was easliy able to get 5 weaknesses before the same Sp3 and he went from 95% to 77% and the bleed was just below his willpower regen and was able to heal about 1-2% from it.

If he was R2-3 and at a higher sig level, his health pool would have been bigger which means less health bar damage, stronger weaknesses and the willpower regen would have been even better from the bleeds.

That.. is a MASSIVE difference that he COULD have done before the buff but since he's able to get up debuffs easier now and they last alittle longer, it's much easier to do.

Yes his damage is only better by an ok amount but damage alone doesn't make a champ good. Utility does as well.

He's great vs Apoc from testing as well since when Apoc's prowess is gone, it's gone and blocking both his SP1 and SP2 becomes nothing and more so if you have up an armor buff.

I'm still testing him as I go but I'm happy with his update as I don't tunnel vision for damage like alot of players do.
  • GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 132 ★★
    H3t3r said:

Definitely an improvement in terms of damage. Love the utility that was added. But just feels like it needs more.

I'd make the precision off the l3 permenant. With a max stack of 1. I would also change the % to trigger a bleed/armor break to 60% on base then incorporate a increase/decrease of chance depending on class relations.(20% increase with advantage)(20% decrease with disadvantage)

Then add a taunt or infuriate on the heavy attack lasting 12 seconds. Also reduce the combat power rate reduction to -30% just feel like -50% extends the ramp up for l2 by a large margin.

I wish Kabam just made it so the sp2 fury is way more potent, requiring way less specials. Something along the lines of 56.2% attack rating per special thrown by the opponent, up to a maximum of 4 furies. That would feel much better. And I also wished that his power control cap was increased by 20%, to be able to compete with p2099, red skull, and knull. He also needs some form of extra utility like a miss counter on yaka arrows or something. He just needs more tuning.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    i like his buff .. he flows much better in battle now.
  • GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 132 ★★
    edited June 2022

What rank is that?

I disagree tbh. I don't see anywhere I would use Yondu as he is practically the same as he was prebuff. Maybe the occasional whats yours is mine node but this honestly puts him in a similar spot at before, but with a little bit of an increase in damage. You also gotta remember not every place has the healthpool of rol ws, so that means less specials thrown, less opponent power gained, and therefore less fury potency. I don't really feel the increase in bleed ability accuracy either, so his yaka arrow just sometimes feels like a noodle
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    So far my biggest expectation was from the prowess removal, and for Kitty pride it works well. Haven’t tested on Sauron, who’s the other really annoying prowess champ
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

God, that sounds like a nightmare to fight against the in war. Why does everyone always want to crank up the offensive to 11 but they never think about having to deal with them on defense?
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Will be useful for those who don't have Nimrod
    Other than that I don't see much use
    May be he can be good against Omega Sentinel due to Armor siphon, but need to test that to judge his effectiveness
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Will be useful for those who don't have Nimrod
    Other than that I don't see much use
    May be he can be good against Omega Sentinel due to Armor siphon, but need to test that to judge his effectiveness

Mike made that exact point in another thread. People are so focused on making everybody a Magneto. (He even said that was the exception, not the rule!)

The whole point of all this is to get all the meme tier Champions and integrate them into the other parts of the tier list. Some Buffs will take them all the way to the top and some won't get further than middle of the pack but no matter what Champion you get, there's still something there and it's not just you complaining as you beat your head against the wall that you wasted a crystal..
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

H3t3r said:

God, that sounds like a nightmare to fight against the in war. Why does everyone always want to crank up the offensive to 11 but they never think about having to deal with them on defense?
    How does this make him a nightmare on defense? I don't see it.
  • Midias12Midias12 Posts: 71
    R1 6* with suicides and synergies

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

All specials against Yondu (if awakened) hit like noodles.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I don’t get his design, you’re supposed to get a lot of specials baited out, but his kit is designed around giving opponents less power. Seems kinda counter intuitive.

Like, Magik getting a boost for how many specials her opponent throws would kinda suck.
    Awakened sulk against mystics be like
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Terra said:

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

All specials against Yondu (if awakened) hit like noodles.
    I dont think Yondu will ever cause issues on defense.