Dimmed screen with non-energy related click - NOT UPDATED VERSION

Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
I just experienced the screen dimming bug where the game stops responding and I have to close the app. This happened when I clicked to view someone's account profile after successfully doing so with 2 or 3 other people right beforehand so it wasn't something that happened 100% of the time. The big issue here is that I have not updated the game yet so this isn't something that is restricted to only the newest version of the game. Something is messed up on Kabam's end and is happening across versions.

Moto G Power
Android 11
Version 35.0.1

I already said where it happened and it clearly has no relevance whether it was cell or WiFi.

PLEASE DO NOT JUST MERGE THIS WITH THE ENERGY THREAD BECAUSE IT IS DIFFERENT IN 2 ASPECTS: IT WASN'T RELATED TO TRYING TO USE ENERGY AND IT WASN'T ON THE NEW VERSION.

Comments

• ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    I had the same problem but I switched off an on the wifi
    Then it all became good
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★
    try going to AQ map, then return to fight menu using 'fight' button, and then trying to access energy menu, the screen will go dim and the only way around it is to restart the game.

I believe this is due to screens overlapping on top of each other rather than clearing the previous screens, to avoid this, just click 'home' menu to trigger loading screen then it's safe to use energy menu
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

try going to AQ map, then return to fight menu using 'fight' button, and then trying to access energy menu, the screen will go dim and the only way around it is to restart the game.

I believe this is due to screens overlapping on top of each other rather than clearing the previous screens, to avoid this, just click 'home' menu to trigger loading screen then it's safe to use energy menu

This thread is not about the energy menu, it is about all the other ways this bug may manifest since Kabam only acknowledged they were looking at the energy dimming issue in the merged energy thread. I want to make sure that if the energy fix doesn't fix it globally that they don't overlook something that might leave it happening in these other instances.

Additionally, this is to alert them that it is happening on 35.0.1 as well as the new updated version so it has to be a problem on their end unless they pushed new code to my device yesterday or today without me updating the version.
  • Igheid11Igheid11 Member Posts: 41
    Energy dimming problem here... Do you guys have heard about software project?
  • Joker123Joker123 Member Posts: 1
    I
    I have same problem, when click button help energy and many more. Screen is dark and a must reload game.
  • Titan_slayerz84Titan_slayerz84 Member Posts: 16
    I have the update and still are going through the dimming and backing out and restarting isn’t always working. I had to literally leave the quest when I was exploring act 7. Was actually pretty mad about that