**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The New Preview Bundles Are Much Better Now

GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

The guaranteed 5* is very nice and I love this improvement. I still won’t buy it but it’s a better value for sure

Comments

• Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    IT's still a definite improvement. YOu get 1500 more 6 star shards per bundle and a Guaranteed 5 star version. That should Shut up the nay sayers like Prof Hoff and KT1
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I believe that’s also 1,000 more 6* shards than in previous preview bundles, but I’m not 100% certain of that.

You are correct!

Who cares if it devalues 5 stars, for collection purposes the bundles are much better.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

IT's still a definite improvement. YOu get 1500 more 6 star shards per bundle and a Guaranteed 5 star version. That should Shut up the nay sayers like Prof Hoff and KT1

Don’t think that’s ever gonna happen
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Don’t think that’s ever gonna happen
    But it did. Prof Hoff made a video, praising Kabam on finally giving a guaranteed Champion with purchase. His only caveat was about the pricing of the bundles but that's never going to change.

That being said he loved the increase in six star shards he loved that they still kept the generic Champion boost and spoke about how this has the potential be a Pro Player move across the board since those who are pay to win have an opportunity to avoid the arenas, opening up more spots for free to play players looking to get a free five or six star.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    Now they need to boost the rewards from playing the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'm not exactly sure if this is the new norm, or a Special Offer.

Wondering if spending on the game is down? Seems like they are really trying to get people spending. They offered two champions that aren’t yet in the basic pool in this weeks nexus crystals as well.

We've been hearing steady profits from the past year and we're weeks away from one of the biggest spend days in the game, I think they're fine but maybe they weren't seeing great numbers on this particular deal and realized they needed to sweeten it.

Problem is I don't think people can agree on what a respectable boost would be.. Ask a hundred people and get ready for a hundred different answers including the inevitable "free 6 star abyss nexus crystal every day" guy.

I'm not exactly sure if this is the new norm, or a Special Offer.

Hopefully the norm from now on. Cause I'm even more tempted from this offer and I still got 15 hours to debate hitting pay
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Probably guarantees that Act 8 will only allow 6*.

Beta didn’t. Don’t think they’ll add that after the fact
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022

Problem is I don't think people can agree on what a respectable boost would be.. Ask a hundred people and get ready for a hundred different answers including the inevitable "free 6 star abyss nexus crystal every day" guy.
    LOL. Talk about taking an idea to its most illogical conclusion.
    It just needs to be better, and they need to keep making them better. Start small and every month keep improving the rewards for the EQ/SQ.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m hoping this is just temporary. This will probably kill the game if it’s permanent
  • SonofdathomirSonofdathomir Posts: 107
    Having the 5* added certainly does incentivize the price of the bundle. A step in the right direction.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

I’m hoping this is just temporary. This will probably kill the game if it’s permanent

How so?
    The deals are only there for Cav+ right? TB and Paragon aren’t worried too much about the 5* as it’s not gonna have an impact on prestige, war, etc. Cav players it might help progress them quicker if the champ is good, but Kabam is trying to take that route anyways (see act 6 second nerf). And in theory it brings down arena scores for the 5* grinders.

I only see this as a benefit at this stage in the game
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★
    The addition of the guaranteed 5 star and the extra 6 star shards were the deciding factor for me. I get tired of spending $50 and pulling 5 3*’s
    Etm34 said:

How so?
    The deals are only there for Cav+ right? TB and Paragon aren’t worried too much about the 5* as it’s not gonna have an impact on prestige, war, etc. Cav players it might help progress them quicker if the champ is good, but Kabam is trying to take that route anyways (see act 6 second nerf). And in theory it brings down arena scores for the 5* grinders.

I only see this as a benefit at this stage in the game
    Exactly. If the concern is about last-minute changes to defense and Alliance Quest, that's always going to happen whenever a crystal is available with a new champion and this is no different. If it's more about jealousy that they can buy the champion outright instead of working hard for it in the arena, again that's not a New Concept, that's literally been part of the game and that's a part of any game. If, anything, this will open up more opportunities for people who couldn't even qualify for the five-star to get him as a five-star, minimum.
  • tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    Haven't bought one of these in quite a long time, but bought this to show I support the change in direction of this type of offer.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★

Who gonna pay for a 5*?

Collectors like myself