**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

EQ design problem

Any advice on how to apply bleed to a champion immune to bleed? @Kabam Miike
It is also another consecutive month where the classes do not maintain the multifight passive furies mentioned in the special node.

Comments

• ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 405 ★★★

It is also another consecutive month where the classes do not maintain the multifight passive furies mentioned in the special node.

For the second point there hasn't been a node that said class based champs take their charges to next fight
    Read the last node
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★
    I agree with it that's not a big deal, but node design does not apply to champ then it misses the point. Fun fact i forgot to read obstinate charge while i completed the quest.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I think there’s some language where only the tagged champs get to keep the cross fight. Could be wrong though
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★

Ooh that’s normal kabams always slips these champs in to make it more annoying 😂

I hate seeing Masacres on DoT applying nodes. Damage from simply touching him, amazing
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    Hate this level; I use 5/65 and 3/45 apoc, as he can parry and bleed, but that means you're using them for all 6 path fights, on all 6 paths.

Just not engaging and reparry is off, so it just feels badly designed. Frustrating rather than fun.
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious
    Can you guys please make a sense of this 3.1 node & path defender contradicting each other thing??
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,199 ★★★★★
    Looks like I'm one of those who does not care a tad bit about whatever is in a cav eq.
    Some fights were anti-node, took a minute extra, big whoop!
    Explored day2, now I don't have to look back at it anymore until the next month.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The feeling after exploration is: did Kabam review their opponent placement vs their nodes design? are they a separate teams? The champ issue as mentioned by OP was only few of the various problems in this month’s Cav EQ. Frankly some of the fights were deemed to be impossible to one shot without well planning of my attack team arrangements.

• CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 791 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

I agree with it that's not a big deal, but node design does not apply to champ then it misses the point.

TeeBleezy said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about the Emma Frost fight in 1.1.

The node is set up so where if you knock the defender down, you get an evade charge. When the defender attacks, you evade and they get stunned. In diamond form, Emma is stun immune and in her telepath form, she can't be evaded.

How are we supposed to "play the node?"

The tactical advantages on Cav paths are not necessarily going to be optimal for every single fight. There's no cosmic law that says an advantage must exist in every fight to the same degree or it is pointless.
    I usually think your posts are constructive this one you missed the mark. The point of the node design is to help us. If it’s not helping us, it missed the mark. When you place champs who don’t let you do what the node intended it’s poor design. Whether we can clear without it, that’s what I’m clearly going to do but this makes it drag more than what the design is there for. Shows they don’t check their launches before making them go live.
    That what i post before this, they said to use nullify or slow champs, but i tell them even i used them, i can't get the advantage and the charges
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    I'm with DNA and Bond on this one.

Yes the nodes help for the majority of fights but it makes sense to throw in some defenders intentionally that negate the benefit. This quest is only available to Cavalier players so it's not really anything a Cav can't handle.

You have a preview button. Check your path, pick your team accordingly. A handful of champs that benefit from TAG or class, a boss counter and a wildcard to deal with the fight where the node doesn't benefit.

I don't think those champs are on those lanes accidentally at all. They are there to present a bit more of a challenge. Or would you rather a lane that consisted of just multiple OG Cap? Where's the fun/challenge in that?
  • Terry_BolleaTerry_Bollea Posts: 54
    Look at this node combination in Act 6...
  • Terry_BolleaTerry_Bollea Posts: 54

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★

The wording is a bit confusing, and it took me a few read thru's to grasp it when these nodes were first introduced.

It was easy to confuse cross charge and cross fight abilities (for me, least). Cross charges are what you gain in fight. Cross fight charges are converted from the cross charges gained in a single fight into cross fight charges that persist into further fights.

Looking at the node, only champions with TAGtical Edge can do this.

The confusion for me was the power exchange node (or it's class equivalent depending on quest), that states both TAGtical Edge and class gain cross charges. I assumed that was the same as cross fight, but it's only describing the in fight charges.
  • TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Posts: 30
    edited June 2022
    The tactical advantages on Cav paths are not necessarily going to be optimal for every single fight. There's no cosmic law that says an advantage must exist in every fight to the same degree or it is pointless.

Yeah but Kabam has often said they design quests expecting the players to try to play the node. I could just bring Corvus, Doom and Archangel and just ignore nodes altogether but bypassing nodes isn't what makes this game fun to me.

• BizarreSoldierBizarreSoldier Posts: 17
    Yeah, what bugs me about this design, specially this chapter, is that they put champs that need a proper counter that aren't in the tag champs, so you can't get the bonus (the furies as cross-fight). Also, having a "class node" is pointless because they don't get the furies, so why put them in the mix?

Of course the chapter isn't impossible to do, just bring any champ you want that can clear the path, but again, what's the point of the nodes if you can't use the ones that can get an extra bonus?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    I feel like they let MODOK use his randomizer to design some of this month’s EQ nodes and defenders. Sadly, they didn’t let him apply a little zest to the rewards as well.

Dr. Zola
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    What I've been finding more annoying is the Cav EQ Science / Spiderverse chapter. Defender gains unblockable every few seconds; tagged champions can gain evade.

The annoying part is how defensively the enemy AI is. You would expect that when they have Unblockable on, that they would dash in to hit you. Even when I don't have an Evade charge to 'deter', I'll have to spend an inordinate amount of time watching the enemy AI just dash back, block, dash back.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★

Can't see why y'all are complaining. It forces you to think outside the box instead of just mashing everything with Hercules or something. I personally like nodes-defdner combinations that require more critical thinking like this.

It’s actually the opposite of this, the point of nodes is to make us use specific champions instead of smashing through everything with Hercules, when the nodes dont actually work
    With the targeted champs then we may as well just bring Hercules, that’s what the complaint is about