**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nova needs a relook

gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★
edited June 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I have a r3 Nova mainly for defense. First looking at his kit he has a pretty huge permanent fury and several others up to 5 then once awakened a nice bonus on his dash attack but he still hits like a wet noodle.
Lets not even take in the fact his energy damage he puts out its just non existant. And then the biggest damage you can do is between 2 to 3 bars of power 100 nova charges and a 3 second unblockable. WOW thats alot of requirements for an attack that still tickles even the cutest teddy bear.
A cosmic surely an armor break and poison immune. Only on techs and nope. But hes energy, shock immune nope. Shock damage, nope. True accuracy, measly 7 seconds only after 75 charges. Do you build him up? Uh yeaah, but once you get to 100 charges boom process is restarted with no benefit.
I get it i get it hes a defense champ, everyone cant be cosmic ghost rider, but this guy who looks and plays like guardian doesnt even do a fraction of his damage, zero utility, no immunities, horrible rotation, and lackluster kit.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    munnaivai23_munnaivai23_ Posts: 75
    Bro he already got buffed soon .... it didnt work but this doesnt mean he would get a buff again especially with the new buff program.
    Forget abt him.... ofc u have many other good champs.... have fun with these. Have a great day :)
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Nova is in dire need of a relook. I get that Kabam wants champs that are strong on defense, but they should really try harder than hard to do that without making them unfun to actually use. Nova has so much potential and cool animations (except for his placeholder win pose, obv) that need worthwhile effects tied to them and not clockwatching tension because he'll suck for a way too long time if you miss the sweet spot. He doesn't need a full rework or a new mechanic added that's worthless in practice, just a little attention. It could be added through a solo synergy (think YJ's slow) so it wouldn't change his defensive rating. Some bit of usefulness. His damage could be worse, but it's too much effort to wring out. Maybe as he charges his heavy he procs cruelty on himself or energy vulnerability on the opponent or maybe both! HE NEEDS SOMETHING!
  • Options
    JestuhJestuh Posts: 273 ★★★
    edited June 2022

I have a r3 Nova mainly for defense. First looking at his kit he has a pretty huge permanent fury and several others up to 5 then once awakened a nice bonus on his dash attack but he still hits like a wet noodle.
    Lets not even take in the fact his energy damage he puts out its just non existant. And then the biggest damage you can do is between 2 to 3 bars of power 100 nova charges and a 3 second unblockable. WOW thats alot of requirements for an attack that still tickles even the cutest teddy bear.
    A cosmic surely an armor break and poison immune. Only on techs and nope. But hes energy, shock immune nope. Shock damage, nope. True accuracy, measly 7 seconds only after 75 charges. Do you build him up? Uh yeaah, but once you get to 100 charges boom process is restarted with no benefit.
    I get it i get it hes a defense champ, everyone cant be cosmic ghost rider, but this guy who looks and plays like guardian doesnt even do a fraction of his damage, zero utility, no immunities, horrible rotation, and lackluster kit.

You’re not supposed to take him to 100 charges. You’re supposed to take him over 75, then fire a special or do a second medium attack to drop below 75 charges again. Every time you cross 75 he gets another fury so then juggle s1/s2 to build/pause fury and his big damage is on his s2.

Never get 100 charges unless you’re finishing a fight because it dumps all your furies to make him unblockable and you start over with them on cd.

The only thing he needs imo is to make the air walker synergy part of his normal kit so his furies don’t expire once built up.

As a 5/65 duped at max sig, and with all 5 furies he hits with over 10k attack rating on his mediums. That’s like Stryfe level when he’s at max persistent charges. And with 5 furies still has 5-6k on all attacks.

I also disagree with the lack of utility. He gets true strike, power gain, accelerated charge up on his s1, his mediums are non contact, and he takes way less damage from unblockable and guaranteed crit etc.

Sure an immunity would be nice but his issue is just the furies cycling off.
  • Options
    Suresh548Suresh548 Posts: 19
    I've have him as a 6* R3 and his SP2 damage is mehh. Need him tuning and more buffs and damage
  • Options
    Suresh548 said:

I've have him as a 6* R3 and his SP2 damage is mehh. Need him tuning and more buffs and damage

I have him 5/65 max sig and he can do ws in around 120-130 hits without suicides. That’s not Hercules good or anything but it’s nothing to scoff at.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Hitting 100 charges is more likely to result in mild swearing than anything else. If they made the penalties less severe by half on offense and took the cap off of his furies, that would be plenty for me.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Jestuh said:

You’re not supposed to take him to 100 charges. You’re supposed to take him over 75, then fire a special or do a second medium attack to drop below 75 charges again. Every time you cross 75 he gets another fury so then juggle s1/s2 to build/pause fury and his big damage is on his s2.

Never get 100 charges unless you’re finishing a fight because it dumps all your furies to make him unblockable and you start over with them on cd.

The only thing he needs imo is to make the air walker synergy part of his normal kit so his furies don’t expire once built up.

As a 5/65 duped at max sig, and with all 5 furies he hits with over 10k attack rating on his mediums. That’s like Stryfe level when he’s at max persistent charges. And with 5 furies still has 5-6k on all attacks.

I also disagree with the lack of utility. He gets true strike, power gain, accelerated charge up on his s1, his mediums are non contact, and he takes way less damage from unblockable and guaranteed crit etc.

Sure an immunity would be nice but his issue is just the furies cycling off.
    I'm not sure if you're seriously comparing Nova to Stryfe who has - simpler easier build up, lots of utility and massive damage off sp2 and heavy attacks. I have him at R5 and did LOL completion with him. Nova looks cool so I like using him in arenas but that's just it
  • Options
    Jestuh said:

Suresh548 said:

I have him 5/65 max sig and he can do ws in around 120-130 hits without suicides. That’s not Hercules good or anything but it’s nothing to scoff at.
    WS is never a true test of champs. Take him into Act 6 or 7 lanes. Can you even use him in Cav eq where even basic champs shine.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Jestuh said:

Suresh548 said:

WS is never a true test of champs. Take him into Act 6 or 7 lanes. Can you even use him in Cav eq where even basic champs shine.
    I mean ws is just for damage output.

And I was comparing novas damage/attack output to stryfes damage output. Not utility.

Stryfe also has insane ramp up, both because it takes a while to cycle s1 or s3.

I’m not saying don’t improve nova. I would love it if they did. He’s one of my favorite champs from the comics and has a unique play style. But I don’t think he’s as bad as most people believe he is.
  • Options
    Jestuh said:

Chikel said:

Jestuh said:

Suresh548 said:

I mean ws is just for damage output.

And I was comparing novas damage/attack output to stryfes damage output. Not utility.

Stryfe also has insane ramp up, both because it takes a while to cycle s1 or s3.

I’m not saying don’t improve nova. I would love it if they did. He’s one of my favorite champs from the comics and has a unique play style. But I don’t think he’s as bad as most people believe he is.
    Maybe his mediums are the same as Stryfe but the heavy and sp2 damage blows him out of the water.

And I disagree about Stryfe's ramp up, only people who have never used him say that (I used to be one of them) I have used him everywhere - In Act 7 you're mostly done in 2 fights or at most the beginning of the 3rd, in Map 5 AQ you're done in 4 or 5. Last day of Map 5 with epic Mods and he ends fights in 7 hits.

And he doesn't exactly hit like a noodle until he's ramped up. By 50-70 charges you're doing good damage. I once did an entire Sec 7 incursions with him at 70 charges (Granted it's incursions) But he doesn't really a full ramp up since his utility doesn't depend on it like Aegon or G2099. I have them too and Stryfe sees more use.