**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Weird or Stupid alliance rules you've seen

Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Yo guys, I've been in an alliance like 6 months ago, and they had a rules like, only the alliance officers has to fight the aq/aw bosses, it's stupid you know I have to wait until they finish the boss, one time I defeated aq boss (because only one hour for aq to end) and they kicked me out. Anyone experience something weird or Stupid like this??

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

I went on vacation...told them ahead of time. Told them on this trip i was proposing to my girlfriend...got kicked cause i wouldn't be able to participate in AQ...

Hence, why i believe AQ is broken. People treat it like life or death. Ive recently found a great and understanding alliance though.

Honestly we might have let you go, assuming it didn’t jeopardize war rewards you earned. BUT we would’ve brought in an alt for a cycle or two and you would’ve left knowing you had a spot waiting for you when you returned.

I’ll tell myself that’s different. Maybe it’s not. I dunno. It also matters less now that map 6 has fewer lanes, though.
  • Skiddy212 said:

I went on vacation...told them ahead of time. Told them on this trip i was proposing to my girlfriend...got kicked cause i wouldn't be able to participate in AQ...

Hence, why i believe AQ is broken. People treat it like life or death. Ive recently found a great and understanding alliance though.

I mean, is that a bad reason though? You should have left off your own accord tbh, not expected your ally to carry your weight, just my 2 cents.
    Alliances are a symbiotic relationship. Your point, to me, would be at odds with the very definition of “alliance.”

People aren’t just there to serve the alliance. The alliance has to serve them as well.
    The build of AQ is that you need ten people to complete a map. A single person unavailable causes 29 others to lose out on rewards. The alliance has 2 choices at this point
    1) go to a lower map everytime anyone goes on vacation
    2) remove said member and replace, and bring him back after the vacay.

Tell me which one would be easier?
    Personally, in my ally, folks still do aq on vacay, they log in 3 times and its over. Unless a really bad situation arises, which in case, they opt to leave, rather than burden their friends, which is what the person in question should have done.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Skiddy212 said:

Honestly we might have let you go, assuming it didn’t jeopardize war rewards you earned. BUT we would’ve brought in an alt for a cycle or two and you would’ve left knowing you had a spot waiting for you when you returned.

I’ll tell myself that’s different. Maybe it’s not. I dunno. It also matters less now that map 6 has fewer lanes, though.
    That's definitely a better approach i guess then not telling me an kicking me after i gave them a very advanced notice
  • Skiddy212 said:

Skiddy212 said:

Skiddy212 said:

I mean, is that a bad reason though? You should have left off your own accord tbh, not expected your ally to carry your weight, just my 2 cents.
    Yea its not on them to cover for me, but can I not go on vacation an enjoy it? Why would I also leave an alliance I liked because i want to do something other than the game? I don't really want to go on vacation just to be looking at my phone playing a game ya know? I got on, placed my defenders got my daily, enjoyed my vacation.

My point is, there are some that look at this game as the only thing you should be doing. An AQ is the #1 fault of many alliances freaking out about that.
    Then do the right thing and leave them, take a break, and not expect 29 others to have to take a fall for your vacation. Is that tough to understand? YOu dont want to have to look at your phone, totally understandable. But why do you expect 29 others to have to feel the effects of your vacation?
    There are more then enough members to cover for AQ though. An we were running map 5 at the time. I don't know, I don't see the freak out of missing one member for 4-5 days (i left in the middle of an AQ cycle too, so not even the full 5).

Again, wasn't the right alliance. I found one that balances life/game and understands as time went on. I guess i was just in the wrong alliance for what i wanted is what i learned at the end of the day. I love the game, and contribute consistently but i value alot more than getting my path cleared every chance i get in AQ.
    Well, i dont do map5, so i wont comment how many people are needed for a full clear. That said, seems like you should have had a full conversation with your leader and sorted this out.
    Glad you found a better fit. Communication in the end is key in every alliance.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Skiddy212 said:

Skiddy212 said:

Skiddy212 said:

Yea its not on them to cover for me, but can I not go on vacation an enjoy it? Why would I also leave an alliance I liked because i want to do something other than the game? I don't really want to go on vacation just to be looking at my phone playing a game ya know? I got on, placed my defenders got my daily, enjoyed my vacation.

My point is, there are some that look at this game as the only thing you should be doing. An AQ is the #1 fault of many alliances freaking out about that.
    Then do the right thing and leave them, take a break, and not expect 29 others to have to take a fall for your vacation. Is that tough to understand? YOu dont want to have to look at your phone, totally understandable. But why do you expect 29 others to have to feel the effects of your vacation?
    There are more then enough members to cover for AQ though. An we were running map 5 at the time. I don't know, I don't see the freak out of missing one member for 4-5 days (i left in the middle of an AQ cycle too, so not even the full 5).

Again, wasn't the right alliance. I found one that balances life/game and understands as time went on. I guess i was just in the wrong alliance for what i wanted is what i learned at the end of the day. I love the game, and contribute consistently but i value alot more than getting my path cleared every chance i get in AQ.
    Well, i dont do map5, so i wont comment how many people are needed for a full clear. That said, seems like you should have had a full conversation with your leader and sorted this out.
    Glad you found a better fit. Communication in the end is key in every alliance.
    Agreed, it worked out in the end
  • Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114

Berlad8 said:

Berlad8 said:

Lol,people take this game too seriously. I was once kicked out because I took down the boss in war with one linked node left (unblockable sp2).
    Since then I play only in retirement alliance where there zero pressure to be active and play 24/7 and without any ridiculous rules.

the rest of the stories here are cool
    but this one here is a valid kick my guy

officers and leaders who actually plan out war really work hard for no extra rewards, to put their hard work in jeopardy because you couldn't wait for a link node to go down is disrespect to the officers who plan everything ahead and therefore is a justified kick.
    obviously you wanted something diff so playing in a retirement alliance is fine. it is just a game for you yes but some people do put a lot of effort in playing it and they would like to be respected for it and not be troubled for it instead.

So what you're basically saying is because I took the boss with the linked node attached, it made all their hard work to go to waste?? I could understand that if because of the attached link it would cause me or someone else to spent resources and lose the war because of it, but that was not the case. Maybe some people will see it as a justified kick, but I think those people take this game too seriously. And that's fine, everyone and what works for him.
    for that one war it didnt go to waste because you didnt die but where's the line then?
    maybe someone else will try some other day and end up dying and costing everyone the war and thus basically pouring water over all the hardwork an officer does to make sure war goes smoothly.
    everybody needs to join an alliance that they can play in. if you couldnt handle that level of strict and hard competitiveness then that alliance was wrong for you. the alliance wasnt wrong.
    We pretty much say the same thing,just from a different point of view. I understand what you're saying, I just don't agree with that, and that's why I think those people take the game too seriously. I'm not saying this as a bad thing, it is what it is.
    Some people enjoy playing under pressure 24/7, and some people don't. This thread is not about who is right or wrong, but about the experiences of people who think they were kicked for ridiculous reasons.