**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's your worst match-up?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
I've had a lot of bad ideas throughout the years - taking my Punisher 2099 against Thing; taking my Red Magneto against Omega Red and trying to out-bleed him (that somehow worked, but I don't recommend it) - but I think I've got another fight that takes the cake. I present you with Gwenpool vs. Colossus in Variant 8.

So, a lot of things are happening here that are really bad. The first, obviously, is that Colossus is bleed immune and all of Gwenpool's abilities (or at least their upkeep) hinge on her ability to bleed her opponent. More than that, though, it's bad because Colossus has a chance to gain an armor up buff whenever he is immune to an effect. As you can see, he was gaining a bunch of armor ups and my measly sword swings did hardly any damage at all.

In addition to that, Gwenpool lowers her opponent's ability accuracy whenever she hits them. However, Colossus has an ability where he gains double combat power rate when his ability accuracy is modified. This was news to me, so I was left confused as to why he constantly soared to his SP2. A special attack that has a chance to double every armor up buff on him. The result is that it was very, very easy to push him to 100+ armor ups, as you can see in the image. It did not take those full 94 hits to do so - I just wanted to get a screenshot, and that took a bit of time since the screen recorder was bugging out on me a bit.

Right after that screenshot was taken, I gave up. I went in with Venompool instead. It was an annoying fight since he was immune to all of the damage types I had available, but Venompool's range of buffs eventually just out-damaged Colossus' armor ups.

What unfortunate situations have you found yourself in?

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I thought quake was a good idea against a rhino boss in 7.1. It took me probably 20 minutes to finish that fight
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Literally any mystic vs torch.

Use Ebony Maw and only use mediums, can’t get any incinerates since they’re not making contact
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

Use Ebony Maw and only use mediums, can’t get any incinerates since they’re not making contact
    Using sorcerer supreme and only doing heavys works as well
  • Options
    RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    When I forget and take Corvus in agaisnt Maw
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    Thinking Apoc is #metal and bringing Mags.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★

When I forget and take Corvus in agaisnt Maw

Haha. That reminds me of the time I brought Corvus to fight a Man-Thing miniboss in AQ once. Learned the hard way that he's immune to critical hits. I've also taken a ramped-up Aegon against a sneaky Mr. Sinister who lurked behind a hidden node. That was fun.
    GarrettN said:

I don't think I've ever taken a mystic vs Torch (except if I'm having exceptionally bad luck in arena), but he is the main way how I learn which non-mystic champions deal energy damage. I remember trying to fight him with Magneto once. Never again.

I thought quake was a good idea against a rhino boss in 7.1. It took me probably 20 minutes to finish that fight

Hahaha, yeah, physical resistance can be a pain. It's one of those sneaky things. You generally know if a champion is bleed immune or not, but I don't keep track of who has increased physical resistance. I've done the same mistake when I once tried fighting a Luke Cage boss with Tigra. He was getting a ton of buffs so I though she'd be awesome, but nope.
    Thomildo said:

Thinking Apoc is #metal and bringing Mags.

Those guys are a strange pair. I hate fighting Magneto with Apocalypse and I hate fighting Apocalypse with Magneto. You just can't win, only lose.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I remember having a really painful match-up against that Power Shield Gwenpool from the Women of Power(?), because outside of Wasp SP2 Power Sting I had no way to KO her
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Was about to fight a Nick Fury, Tapped to use Sunspot, and the game decided I didn’t tap so I went in with Tigra. It wasn’t fun
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Peni parker in war
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I literally just had the most annoying match so far in Act 6 . This guy literally has no straight counter except Void . Torch might work but need a r3 Torch ...i ended up buying a team revive in the end.

Massive buffet and aspect of war makes this Ultron super super super annoying . Anybody who has done this will relate .