**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

r4 Strfye too much for Abyss?

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,157 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I was planning to do my first run of Abyss. I don't have Aegon as a 6* [have a max 5*], but I do have a duped Strfye that I can take up to r4 on July 4th. I don't really need anyone to be r4, so I was wondering if my sole content left is Abyss, if that would be worth it? Or is he kind of like Aegon, where he is harder to ramp up with the higher levels since he kills opponents faster? I can also dump as many sigs in as needed. He's currently at 40.

I also have a r4 Apoc to go with him, and a 5* r5 Cable. And sorry if this turns out to be a dumb question.

r4 Strfye too much for Abyss? 44 votes

r1 Strfye is fine
2%
marvelcarvalho 1 vote
r2 Strfye is fine
2%
MaxGaming 1 vote
r3 Stryfe is fine
40%
TerraFloorKillerAleorChriissRGreekhitDfour24RenaxqqMCOCHazzaBe_SomebodyMerseysideRedHdhjssvvPupkacCyrillFromTulaWasy1Dark_hoodsthepiggyGentsy12Señor Dude 18 votes
r4 is great
54%
JadedzuffyReferencercm2017Wine_LoverBugmat78OGAvengerMother_Flerkenmgj0630MasterpuffLeoZed30ishGiuliameijGr8TonyStarkTheBair123magnus_xixLorddrewqm44willrun4adonutGrassKnuckles 24 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    r3 Stryfe is fine
    I did abyss path 3 with mutant team with r3 stryfe without suicides, it was ok. Duped you can ramp him in any content, if you bring one of his start invisible synergy partners or cable. Also if you can't ramp him, it means fight is either over before sp3, therefore you don't need to ramp him, or your can't use sp3 for some reason, wich stays a thing for r4 anyway.
    The other thing is he's great to fight unstoppable champs in abyss, if you're doing mutant challenge, but for most other fights you can use apoc, often apoc is even better. I'd say it's not necessary, if you don't want to rank stryfe for ranking stryfe only.
    One final note — aegon is top for aol not only because of his damage, but also because of how he can ignore many unpleasant debuffs and go nuts in fights like final collector. With my mutant team this single fight costed more the the half of resources spent. With aegon you charge heavy, die and unitman the fight a lot faster
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,157 ★★★★★
    r4 is great
    Aleor said:

die and unitman the fight a lot faster

It’s a good thing he’s one of my most used champs for hard content then.