**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Lorddrew said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

There's no expiration date on a bug. If it's not intended, then it's subject to fixing whenever.

Sure. And if the team leaves it in place for a year and half, fails to respond to players asking about it and doesn’t explicitly call it out in easy to find locations, there’s also reliance that deserves redress.

Dr. Zola
    So because they didn't fix it immediately, they changed the fact that it was a bug?
    Strawmanning. I trust you can see there’s a fair gap between “immediately” and “a year and a half—with no readily findable comment.”

Dr. Zola
    That's where I disagree. A bug is a bug, day 1 after, or 20 years after.
    You can't argue with kind of reasoning.. there are even regulations in several areas/disciplines that if you do not adress an issue or have taken actions nor adress it.. it should be considered that the current situation as - is should be accepted ?
    Not in the design realm. Anything and everything is subject to change, especially when it comes to bugs. Sometimes things are harder to fix, sometimes they're not as pressing as other issues, sometimes the best course of action is to devote time and energy to other things. When things present compounding issues, internally as well as on our side, then they become a priority for addressing them.
    The simple fact is, we've all used and benefited from an unintended outcome for some time now. There's very little room for recourse.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Lorddrew said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

There's no expiration date on a bug. If it's not intended, then it's subject to fixing whenever.

Sure. And if the team leaves it in place for a year and half, fails to respond to players asking about it and doesn’t explicitly call it out in easy to find locations, there’s also reliance that deserves redress.

Dr. Zola
    So because they didn't fix it immediately, they changed the fact that it was a bug?
    Strawmanning. I trust you can see there’s a fair gap between “immediately” and “a year and a half—with no readily findable comment.”

Dr. Zola
    You can't argue with kind of reasoning.. there are even regulations in several areas/disciplines that if you do not adress an issue or have taken actions nor adress it.. it should be considered that the current situation as - is should be accepted ?
    Squatter’s rights lol
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.
    Whether it’s a bug or not does not matter.

The only sensible solution is to change the description rather than change the ability.

That will not upset anybody.

He may not be as intended but neither is he game breaking.

Just change the description in the game and everyone’s happy.

Cool, so all the dex, parry and input issues can just be part of the game right? Don't fix the bugs, just make them part of the game?

I have MM as an R3. I took him up knowing about the big and played like he was normal. I don't care if they fix him or leave him the way he is. I don't use him enough to have that strong of an opinion.

But to say " don't fix a bug because it makes the community happy" just isn't how things work.
    Ya, But
    Why did it take 2 years to fix a simple bug.

Why did they not openly declare its a bug.

Why after multiple threads on the issue not one official reply from kabam saying it's a big.

This is just insult of loyal player base.
    It didn't take 2 years. It was Feb/Mar of 2021. Just over a year.

I don't know what your definition of a simple bug is but I highly doubt it's the real definition or as simple as you think. But I'm sure you're a professional programmer with decades of experience.

I still think they did. They moved a thread here- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300851/is-mole-man-still-bugged-with-his-true-accuracy-and-frenzy-skill-r-3-4-gem to bugs section. I can't find any MOD comment so I can't say for sure. They knew it was and they should have commented but I can't tell you why they didn't.

It's not really an insult. You knew about.the bug because you commented on the thread I posted. You're taking as an insult because of the length of time and it's actually being fixed. You, like many are overreacting.

The real issue is the lack of communication and confirmation from Kabam on the issue but don't pretend it wasn't widely known.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited June 2022

Ya, But
    Why did it take 2 years to fix a simple bug.

Why did they not openly declare its a bug.

Why after multiple threads on the issue not one official reply from kabam saying it's a big.

This is just insult of loyal player base.

This above is the issue. An official prompt response to questions like these should not be a continued problem. This new Kabam guy seems pretty cool and hopefully we'll get more feedback on questions like this as they occur, not a year later.

(Sorry I deleted where I copied from above.)
  • Options
    MikemikemikeMikemikemike Posts: 1
    Once again kabam is screwing people over. There’s only one reason people ranked up moleman and that was his combination of true strike/frenzy. Made him valuable in war and also for many quests. Whether or not it was initially a bug or not is irrelevant. Kabam knew that’s how he was working and allowed thousands of people to spend there precious resources on him to rank him up for those reasons. Now instead of doing the most sensible thing and easier thing of just re-writing the description of he he works there gonna spend the time to actually buff him back to there originally intended use. Why? Because kabam is only willing to take the time to fix something when it’s something they perceive to be detrimental to there bottom line. Let’s not fix something that matters like say the whole damn game that isn’t and hasn’t worked properly in years. Congratulations kabam! You truly never cease to amaze.
  • Options
    MunchFlob said:

Lorddrew said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Not in the design realm. Anything and everything is subject to change, especially when it comes to bugs. Sometimes things are harder to fix, sometimes they're not as pressing as other issues, sometimes the best course of action is to devote time and energy to other things. When things present compounding issues, internally as well as on our side, then they become a priority for addressing them.
    The simple fact is, we've all used and benefited from an unintended outcome for some time now. There's very little room for recourse.
    It may have been an unintended outcome and yes Kabam have the right to make this change.

But the point is they should not make this change.
    There is no need to make the change. It is a much simpler and better solution to just change the description in game.

They have chosen to take a course of action which will inconvenience several players. Many of those players will have ranked him up with a very reasonable assumption that he is working as intended.

I could go into pedantic detail as to why it is reasonable for people to think he has been working as intended. But really that is not the point here.

The point is the elegantly simple solution of changing the description in game should have been the obvious choice here.
    We can't speak for the need on their end.
  • Options
    For example, if a particular piece of content they're releasing is made much easier than intended by this interaction, then it becomes a priority.
  • Options
    sleimon said:

pala94 said:

He's not the amazing long-lasting evade counter he was anymore, and if that part of his kit was not working as intended I can understand fixing it.

BUT why not acknowledge it as a bug? Why not acknowledge that this was being looked into? All of this confusion could have been avoided if it was just formally stated by the mods/devs that this is being looked into as a potential change a la King Groot. Also I think re-parry as a mechanic was left in and no adjustments were made to patch it out because the community liked it so much, and now there's even a node that rewards that skill and only lets you parry the second hit. Maybe I'm getting things mixed up or imagining them, older forum members please correct me if I am.

this is 100% the issue with this whole situation at the end of the day. Just better communication from kabam on matters like these would've avoided a lot of this like it did with ultron. Of course you'll still get people that still find a way to complain but if this was acknowledged as a bug right away, a lot of this fiasco would've been avoided.
    That's the truth and the sad thing as well. Every year kabam promises more communication and we can see it for maybe a month or so, and then it is back to the normal silence we are used to. Don't want to throw shade but I think Jax is the new iteration of this pattern. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but he has been doing such a great job at chiming in that it has gotten me wondering when that will end.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Once again kabam is screwing people over. There’s only one reason people ranked up moleman and that was his combination of true strike/frenzy. Made him valuable in war and also for many quests. Whether or not it was initially a bug or not is irrelevant. Kabam knew that’s how he was working and allowed thousands of people to spend there precious resources on him to rank him up for those reasons. Now instead of doing the most sensible thing and easier thing of just re-writing the description of he he works there gonna spend the time to actually buff him back to there originally intended use. Why? Because kabam is only willing to take the time to fix something when it’s something they perceive to be detrimental to there bottom line. Let’s not fix something that matters like say the whole damn game that isn’t and hasn’t worked properly in years. Congratulations kabam! You truly never cease to amaze.

I mean, no. You're wrong. If you read his kit and played him, you'd know instantly he was bugged.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

For example, if a particular piece of content they're releasing is made much easier than intended by this interaction, then it becomes a priority.

Hellooo!! Quake and grandmaster gauntlet? Were you asleep when it was released!!
    I gave an example of a possible scenario on their end.