**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mole-Man true accuracy removed during Frenzy.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    MunchFlob said:

For example, if a particular piece of content they're releasing is made much easier than intended by this interaction, then it becomes a priority.

That was my first thought. They are likely going to release something soon that he will be good for in his current state.

But the fact that he has been used in his current state by so many for so long and against a description that is actually not 100% clear (and yes I can justify this) to me means they should build the content around him in his current state.

I stand by what I said. It is reasonable for people to have assumed he was working as intended.
    It is unreasonable to make this change.

And I know none of that changes that Kabam has every right to do this. My point is just that it is unreasonable to do this and people have every right to voice that opinion.
    I think you'll be hard-pressed to find an instance where I argue peoples' right to voice their opinion. I simply disagree that a bug should be left in place based on time existing. All the information was there for us to see it wasn't intended. We just didn't want it to be fixed.....and we got our way, for a year and a half. At some point, the fact that it wasn't intended needs to come into play.
  • Options
    Goji88Goji88 Posts: 35

For example, if a particular piece of content they're releasing is made much easier than intended by this interaction, then it becomes a priority.

This is a good point. Perhaps a dev saw that Moleman made an upcoming EoP fight or some other piece of content much easier, so they decided to fix him.

Either way and for whatever reason they did it, this is a sad day for many, not all, in the MCoC community.

I hope and pray Kabam reconsiders or does something for the player benefit regarding this specific handling of Moleman.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.
    Whether it’s a bug or not does not matter.

The only sensible solution is to change the description rather than change the ability.

That will not upset anybody.

He may not be as intended but neither is he game breaking.

Just change the description in the game and everyone’s happy.

Cool, so all the dex, parry and input issues can just be part of the game right? Don't fix the bugs, just make them part of the game?

I have MM as an R3. I took him up knowing about the big and played like he was normal. I don't care if they fix him or leave him the way he is. I don't use him enough to have that strong of an opinion.

But to say " don't fix a bug because it makes the community happy" just isn't how things work.
    Ya, But
    Why did it take 2 years to fix a simple bug.

Why did they not openly declare its a bug.

Why after multiple threads on the issue not one official reply from kabam saying it's a big.

This is just insult of loyal player base.
    It didn't take 2 years. It was Feb/Mar of 2021. Just over a year.

I don't know what your definition of a simple bug is but I highly doubt it's the real definition or as simple as you think. But I'm sure you're a professional programmer with decades of experience.

I still think they did. They moved a thread here- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300851/is-mole-man-still-bugged-with-his-true-accuracy-and-frenzy-skill-r-3-4-gem to bugs section. I can't find any MOD comment so I can't say for sure. They knew it was and they should have commented but I can't tell you why they didn't.

It's not really an insult. You knew about.the bug because you commented on the thread I posted. You're taking as an insult because of the length of time and it's actually being fixed. You, like many are overreacting.

The real issue is the lack of communication and confirmation from Kabam on the issue but don't pretend it wasn't widely known.
    Why are you defending kabam, when any normal person would know what kabam is doing here is not correct ethically.
    Did you not read the last paragraph? I'm not defending them. I'm pointing out errors on both sides of the aisle.

Be mad about the communication. That's issue to be upset about. Don't be mad they fixed a bug because that's what's supposed to happen.
    Well you are defending them when you take time to find out previous posts and all.

If I sold you a Dimond set it had a Dimond more than promised and I come back a year later and ask you to give that one Dimond of the necklace, the set is broken.

So you would ask for a full refund or keep the broken set?
    Wow. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

So trying to see if they confirmed the bug or not is defending them? Gotcha. For a minute I thought I was talking to a sane person but I realize, I'm not.
  • Options
    Mauled said:

Why did you rank him up knowing he was bugged?

Tbh there’s so much of this game that’s filled with unexpected interactions that it’s hard to keep track of what is and isn’t bugged, and that’s from someone who has clearly spent too long on the forums where they’re allegedly documented. I realise in this case that it’s a fairly documented case but it is akin to saying don’t rank up Apocalypse because his horseman prefight is bugged, which I found out to my chagrin in the middle of an AoL path.

What I’d like to see is a comprehensive list of all the known bugs in one pinned topic bullet pointed with any impending actions being annotated but I guess I’m probably weeing in the wind.
    My comment was for a thread that seems to have gotten merged and the comment deleted so it seems like a random question in this thread.

The person I said this to knew he was bugged when they ranked MM.
  • Options
    MunchFlob said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.

The only sensible solution is to change the description rather than change the ability.

Cool, so all the dex, parry and input issues can just be part of the game right? Don't fix the bugs, just make them part of the game?

I have MM as an R3. I took him up knowing about the big and played like he was normal. I don't care if they fix him or leave him the way he is. I don't use him enough to have that strong of an opinion.

But to say " don't fix a bug because it makes the community happy" just isn't how things work.
    I did not say don’t fix a bug because it makes the community happy.

I said it would be a better solution to change the description in game.

The fact that this is not an official bug from what I can see on forums is also relevant but I didn’t go down that route in my argument because that was not what I was trying to say.
    Changing the description is the same as not fixing it 🤦
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★
    edited June 2022

Fabwizi said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.

Ya, But

Why after multiple threads on the issue not one official reply from kabam saying it's a big.

I don't know what your definition of a simple bug is but I highly doubt it's the real definition or as simple as you think. But I'm sure you're a professional programmer with decades of experience.

I still think they did. They moved a thread here- https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/300851/is-mole-man-still-bugged-with-his-true-accuracy-and-frenzy-skill-r-3-4-gem to bugs section. I can't find any MOD comment so I can't say for sure. They knew it was and they should have commented but I can't tell you why they didn't.

It's not really an insult. You knew about.the bug because you commented on the thread I posted. You're taking as an insult because of the length of time and it's actually being fixed. You, like many are overreacting.

The real issue is the lack of communication and confirmation from Kabam on the issue but don't pretend it wasn't widely known.
    The real issue is that you, as a player, which I suppose you are, are not upset by such a development. I mean there are issues where there can be very different opinions but I think the community comes together sometimes when some changes are universally acknowledged as bad. And yet here you are claiming it's all fair and just because the line in the ability list says so. As if it never ever occured that there was a mistake in some champ's ability description. Never ever. Right!
  • Options
    Dylanc0405Dylanc0405 Posts: 43
    I get fixing bugs. But a "bug" that made a champ MVP great and has been existing for nearly years should no longer be considered a bug lol. Its bull ****. That's on kabam or waiting so long. They should offer rank down tickets. I'll never use my rank 4 now. Complete waste. He was my most used AW attacker and now he's nearly useless. In 7 years of playing, this is the 1 thing Oabam has done that's pissed me off the most
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Mauled said:

Why did you rank him up knowing he was bugged?

Tbh there’s so much of this game that’s filled with unexpected interactions that it’s hard to keep track of what is and isn’t bugged, and that’s from someone who has clearly spent too long on the forums where they’re allegedly documented. I realise in this case that it’s a fairly documented case but it is akin to saying don’t rank up Apocalypse because his horseman prefight is bugged, which I found out to my chagrin in the middle of an AoL path.

What I’d like to see is a comprehensive list of all the known bugs in one pinned topic bullet pointed with any impending actions being annotated but I guess I’m probably weeing in the wind.
    My comment was for a thread that seems to have gotten merged and the comment deleted so it seems like a random question in this thread.

The person I said this to knew he was bugged when they ranked MM.
    Fair nuf 😜
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

MunchFlob said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.

The fact that this is not an official bug from what I can see on forums is also relevant but I didn’t go down that route in my argument because that was not what I was trying to say.
    Depends on the definition of fixing it. I read a lot of people here saying that the description did not match the abilities, not a lot saying that the champion was broken good.
    I for one wish they had changed the description but I’ll keep using him regardless.
  • Options
    Amms90Amms90 Posts: 335 ★★★

MunchFlob said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.

Depends on the definition of fixing it. I read a lot of people here saying that the description did not match the abilities, not a lot saying that the champion was broken good.
    I for one wish they had changed the description but I’ll keep using him regardless.
    When doom's sp1 description became the same as dragon man's sp1 I didn't see people asking to "fix" the bug in doom's sp1. I believe it was obvious from practical evidence that the bug was in the description. Same goes for this one. If you claim there was a bug in how the ability worked it should have been addressed ages ago. It would have had an impact in my decisions this past year. I wouldn't have ranked up mole man while knowing at any random moment he would have become useless
  • Options

MunchFlob said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.

Fixing it as in making the champ do what his kit says.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    so i understand that you can make the argument that you should have never ranked him up if you knew he was bugged and that he would maybe be fixed in the future. but i think it goes beyond that. remember when hawkeye had a bug with his sig ability where he did crazy amounts of damage by lowering the opponent's physical resistance into the negatives? in that scenario, kabam confirms it is a bug, tells people it will be fixed asap, and it's fixed within 12 hours of release. in this case, there is not a single mention of it by kabam, and it's been around a year and a half and not a peep from anyone from kabam confirming it's a bug or that it is going to be fixed.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    @kabam What I find a travesty is when communication seems to be getting better something like this is put In patch notes quietly.

Leaving this this way for over a year implies everything was ok. This could have just as easily been fixed with updated the text. This should come with rank down tickets for both reasons. Shame on the anti-player parts of the community, this should be an easy one.
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    Kind of makes me sad I just recently ranked up my 6*. Could have used those resources elsewhere.
  • Options
    Amms90 said:

Fabwizi said:

MunchFlob said:

This one is simple.

Ya, But

The real issue is that you, as a player, which I suppose you are, are not upset by such a development. I mean there are issues where there can be very different opinions but I think the community comes together sometimes when some changes are universally acknowledged as bad. And yet here you are claiming it's all fair and just because the line in the ability list says so. As if it never ever occured that there was a mistake in some champ's ability description. Never ever. Right!
    I'm not upset at them fixing a bug because that's what they're supposed to do. You can't ask them to only fix bugs you want them to fix. That's just not how it works. The line is correct because part of his buff was going from 5 MM to 10 MM to keep the T.A. So, it wasn't an issue with the description.

I'm in agreement with the fact that Kabam should have either confirmed the bug in threads or added it to the known issues page. That's the real problem here.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Prylank said:

If I remember correctly they did acknowledge this as a bug that benefited the players and they chose to keep it as they were responding to pro player bugs getting fixed immediately and there point was they don't and used the MM bug as an example they also implied there were no plans to change it yet here we are

do you have a thread link for that?
  • Options
    Evil_TwinEvil_Twin Posts: 66
    Well that solves my dilemma on whether to bring Mole Man to R4.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Amms90 said:

So I read in the release notes for the next update that you are going to heavily nerf moleman. He's been out for how long? 2 years now? Now you decide that keeping true strike while activating frenzy under 10 monster mass is a bug??? And you "fix it"? This is nuts! I ranked him up specifically because of how he works. Not being able to fight in frenzy if I need true strike makes him too damn slow and I don't wanna use him anymore. Is kabam going to issue rank down tickets? Because mine is a rank 3 6 star at the moment. Ah! Not to mention, he won't be useful for the carina's challengers abyss run. Which of course I have yet to do. But many others have completed the challenge with the help of mole man. This is very wrong on so many levels.

Where are the patch notes