**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sell me on Spidey 2099

pbeadlepbeadle Posts: 76
edited July 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Hey everyone,

So I got Spidey 2099 from the July 4th offers and used an awakening gem I had been saving for Void on him based on all the hype I had heard about him.

I ranked him up to R3 and have used him a bit and I’m a little underwhelmed. I’m 100% sure I’m not using him right or in the right scenarios so what is his optimal play style? What is he best at? I know he doesn’t gain buffs but what else? I can’t seem to build enough ruptures to get the big red burst damage.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Op, so you used an awakening gems and r3 a champ that you didn't know much anything about just because there was "hype" on him.

Silly me learning and practicing champs before I use valuable resources on them to see if I like their play style, if they fill a roster need, if they go well with my mastery setup, and to get a feeling if I feel like they are worth the rank up for my roster and playstyle.

This is a fair statement. Try them out at R1 first and also check if your roster needs what they can offer. Awakening gems should also be used with due diligence as they are still rare atm. There are also a handful of top champions with playstyle that might not fit your current skillset like Ghost, Tigra, or Quake. Spidey 2099 also belongs here since his playstyle requires some getting used to. A lot of summoners ranked up Ghost and regretted it because they can't get accustomed to her playstyle.

I was sold on Spidey 2099 because I like champions with quirky playstyle (Tigra, Quake, Kitty, Mr. Negative, etc.) and the way he can shut down power gain champions along with his other kit is really potent.

Just try to learn what makes him really good and try to emulate it then improve on it. I R4'ed Knull this weekend without knowing how to play him just because I like the character. No regrets since I already have an idea about how good he is and what he can offer, I just worked it out on my own by practicing a lot in the Abyss to make him efficient. Definitely check out Karatemike.
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 544 ★★★
    My most wanted champ to dupe. He will be my first rank 4 soon. :-)
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Just use YouTube
  • pbeadlepbeadle Posts: 76

Op, so you used an awakening gems and r3 a champ that you didn't know much anything about just because there was "hype" on him.

Silly me learning and practicing champs before I use valuable resources on them to see if I like their play style, if they fill a roster need, if they go well with my mastery setup, and to get a feeling if I feel like they are worth the rank up for my roster and playstyle.

I’m a pretty casual player but I used to be more competitive. I have a big roster, I’m in a laid back alliance and I like the character. I don’t really have “roster needs” at this point. I'm just casually getting around to completing Act 7. I don’t really do much with AW and I’ll occasionally jump into AQ. I had a science gem but there’s no reason to hold it for Void.

I had rank up stuff expiring and he’s a cool character so I ranked him. In the few tier lists I’ve seen from various folks he’s regarded as a great champ. I was just looking for some discussion on how to unlock his potential.

This is a fair statement. Try them out at R1 first and also check if your roster needs what they can offer. Awakening gems should also be used with due diligence as they are still rare atm. There are also a handful of top champions with playstyle that might not fit your current skillset like Ghost, Tigra, or Quake. Spidey 2099 also belongs here since his playstyle requires some getting used to. A lot of summoners ranked up Ghost and regretted it because they can't get accustomed to her playstyle.

I was sold on Spidey 2099 because I like champions with quirky playstyle (Tigra, Quake, Kitty, Mr. Negative, etc.) and the way he can shut down power gain champions along with his other kit is really potent.

Just try to learn what makes him really good and try to emulate it then improve on it. I R4'ed Knull this weekend without knowing how to play him just because I like the character. No regrets since I already have an idea about how good he is and what he can offer, I just worked it out on my own by practicing a lot in the Abyss to make him efficient. Definitely check out Karatemike.
    This is helpful. I like quirky characters as well. I’m a big fan of Tigra, Ghost, IHulk, Kitty…etc.

I think that’s my issue, I’m playing him pretty conventionally.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    S2099 doesn’t get buffs so he bypasses a lot of nodes that punish you for having buffs. Power snack, EMP mod, etc.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★

pbeadle said:

This is helpful. I like quirky characters as well. I’m a big fan of Tigra, Ghost, IHulk, Kitty…etc.

His main rotation relies on keeping a lot of debuffs active and by maintaining them by using dexterity to pause them.

Basic Attacks - 25% Chance to inflict rupture on hit
    Heavy Attacks - Inflicts Exhaustion up to 5
    SP1 - Inflicts Physical Vulnerability (3 per SP1)
    SP2 - Inflicts Wither (while active will apply Ruptures when you hit their block)
    SP3 - Inflicts Slow (considered as 4 unique debuff)

In a regular fight, you'd want to have most of these active for a huge SP2 burst damage is dependent on how many unique debuffs are active on the opponent. SP3 isn't required but for a longer fight, you'd want it active for 4 additional debuffs. You then have to inflict them while maintaining them by pausing them by using dexterity.

The kicker here is Wither reduces the opponent's power rate by +150% and you can stack this up to 5 that will render your opponent not being able to gain power. Hitting into block will apply Ruptures and when the opponent is at 0 power or gaining a bar of power (if you are reversing their power gain, this will be fun), it'll automatically burst. So champions that have Power Gain will be easier to melt just by hitting into their block especially if you have Exhaustion active.

This is why you want Scorpion and Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom synergy will apply a Wither at the start of the fight which will make your setup a lot easier and the Scorpion synergy will give you a 50% chance to inflict an additional rupture while the opponent is under a Wither effect.
    wither is -125% rem :) other than that amazing write up man, you’re a legend 👍

pbeadle said:

His main rotation relies on keeping a lot of debuffs active and by maintaining them by using dexterity to pause them.

Basic Attacks - 25% Chance to inflict rupture on hit
    Heavy Attacks - Inflicts Exhaustion up to 5
    SP1 - Inflicts Physical Vulnerability (3 per SP1)
    SP2 - Inflicts Wither (while active will apply Ruptures when you hit their block)
    SP3 - Inflicts Slow (considered as 4 unique debuff)

In a regular fight, you'd want to have most of these active for a huge SP2 burst damage is dependent on how many unique debuffs are active on the opponent. SP3 isn't required but for a longer fight, you'd want it active for 4 additional debuffs. You then have to inflict them while maintaining them by pausing them by using dexterity.

The kicker here is Wither reduces the opponent's power rate by +150% and you can stack this up to 5 that will render your opponent not being able to gain power. Hitting into block will apply Ruptures and when the opponent is at 0 power or gaining a bar of power (if you are reversing their power gain, this will be fun), it'll automatically burst. So champions that have Power Gain will be easier to melt just by hitting into their block especially if you have Exhaustion active.

This is why you want Scorpion and Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom synergy will apply a Wither at the start of the fight which will make your setup a lot easier and the Scorpion synergy will give you a 50% chance to inflict an additional rupture while the opponent is under a Wither effect.
    This is awesome and exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it!

Thank you!
  • Check out @Karatemike415 on Youtube. He has a lot of videos about Spidey 2099 (Particularly, his War vids) and he explains how the champion work really well. He actually was the one who sold me on S2099. I picked him from the 2021 Selector last weekend. No regrets.

@Vendemiaire good choice