AW season needs to get canceled

Conspiracyism_0Conspiracyism_0 Member Posts: 19
No point in trying your hardest to rank up and progress in the game, waste resources and what not if you can’t even move up in war. We’ve won every war since new season but keep barely moving backwards. Still the same tier and rank, even after winning the 3 or 4 wars we’ve had already. Going another 2 weeks with no movement after multiple wins is disheartening and pointless, at this rate it’s almost better to not even start matchmaking cause every time we’ve won we just get knocked down some ranks.

Comments

• ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Not going to happen
  • Seeker17Seeker17 Member Posts: 4
    In our Alliance Chill Chill we have been undefeated for the last two seasons and we are still playing the same maps. The tier hasn’t changed either.
    On top of this Battlegrounds seem to be bugged as well. Dash back wasn’t working properly. Champs were staying like they were stunned. We need a fix or cancel or compensation
  • Conspiracyism_0Conspiracyism_0 Member Posts: 19
    DNA3000 said:

No point in trying your hardest to rank up and progress in the game, waste resources and what not if you can’t even move up in war. We’ve won every war since new season but keep barely moving backwards. Still the same tier and rank, even after winning the 3 or 4 wars we’ve had already. Going another 2 weeks with no movement after multiple wins is disheartening and pointless, at this rate it’s almost better to not even start matchmaking cause every time we’ve won we just get knocked down some ranks.

When you say "tier and rank" I assume you mean bracket and rank, not war tier and rank. Assuming that's the case, your placement in season bracket is based not just on your own performance but also the performance of other alliances, and depending on where you started off your bracket won't necessarily change based on only a few wins. It takes sustained effort to gain the points necessary to climb to higher war season brackets.

Plus, you don't give any relevant information about your alliance: tier, rating, how many battlegroups you run, that sort of thing. You could easily win every war, and still drop in bracket because war seasons are scored on points, not wins. Without knowing the specifics, it is impossible for anyone to determine what your issue is, if any.
    Hope this helps clarify, 3 battle groups at gold bracket 2, tier 11, rank 620 when we started the season. And we haven’t moved up whatsoever, and this is an issue all around not just with my alliance. We all know that winning 3-4 wars you’re going to move up in rank regardless, so now we’re doing all this hard work to push into Gold 1 but simply can’t because the system is messed up. And using resources and what not to progress absolutely no where is pointless, it needs to be canceled and compensation sent out.

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

When you say "tier and rank" I assume you mean bracket and rank, not war tier and rank. Assuming that's the case, your placement in season bracket is based not just on your own performance but also the performance of other alliances, and depending on where you started off your bracket won't necessarily change based on only a few wins. It takes sustained effort to gain the points necessary to climb to higher war season brackets.

Plus, you don't give any relevant information about your alliance: tier, rating, how many battlegroups you run, that sort of thing. You could easily win every war, and still drop in bracket because war seasons are scored on points, not wins. Without knowing the specifics, it is impossible for anyone to determine what your issue is, if any.
    Hope this helps clarify, 3 battle groups at gold bracket 2, tier 11, rank 620 when we started the season. And we haven’t moved up whatsoever, and this is an issue all around not just with my alliance. We all know that winning 3-4 wars you’re going to move up in rank regardless, so now we’re doing all this hard work to push into Gold 1 but simply can’t because the system is messed up. And using resources and what not to progress absolutely no where is pointless, it needs to be canceled and compensation sent out.

Winning 3-4 wars doesn’t guarantee you move in season ranking or tier, especially lower down since there are more alliances per tier/ranking.
    I think we can all mutually agree you won’t be moving down at all, never once in my 5 years of playing have I won a war and moved down
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Member Posts: 279 ★★★
    Tier 11 is pretty low for Gold 2. You just don’t have a very high multiplier. Did you tank in the off-season? Or is your alliance new? Did you lose the first few wars of the season? If you want to be in Gold 1, I think you need to be Tier 6/7 for most of the season.

The war ratings aren’t increasing as fast as previous seasons, that’s true, but I don’t think it means the season should be cancelled. Some small compensation should be fine.
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Winning 3-4 wars doesn’t guarantee you move in season ranking or tier, especially lower down since there are more alliances per tier/ranking.
    I think we can all mutually agree you won’t be moving down at all, never once in my 5 years of playing have I won a war and moved down
    Well arguably you could if those below you have a higher multiplier. If someone is tier 11 multiplier and another is tier 7 multiplier in gold 3 well it’ll be easier for the tier 7 ally to move up in season ranking. Now moving down after a win is clearly a product of the lower win +/-, so they win less move up and you win more but still drop.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

Hope this helps clarify, 3 battle groups at gold bracket 2, tier 11, rank 620 when we started the season.

A couple things. First, you couldn't possibly be in Gold 2 rank 620 at the start of the season, because everyone starts at zero at the start of the season. I assume you mean that was your final rank in the previous season. That does not carry forward into the next season.

As others have mentioned, tier 11 is a little low for Gold 2: it is probably as low as you can get and still be in Gold 2. So it is likely the case that while you're winning at the start of the season, you're still having trouble keeping ground with alliances in tier 10 or 9 or even 8 that have higher multipliers than you. To move up from Gold 2 to Gold 1, you probably would need to get above tier 8. Probably tier 6-7 is around where Gold 2 starts, plus or minus.

This is something of an issue between Silver 1 and Gold 1. The relative tier gaps in those brackets is substantial, and requires a lot of effort to climb from one to the other. That's due to the fact that those brackets are larger, and so you have to climb over a lot more alliances to reach the next higher season bracket. That's just the way it worked out.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,768 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Personal experience from last season.
    We were P3 rank 122, won a war and went down 8 ranks to 130. It's quiet common.
    That's what happened when your tier multiplier is lower than the ones who won their war and went above.
  • The_only_leaderThe_only_leader Member Posts: 114
    The whole AW set up and point system totally messed up. They should cancelled it for so many reasons this season.
  • Badass84Badass84 Member Posts: 317 ★★★

Same here. No diversity-points (we have full diversity in all BGs).
    edited July 2022
    Badass84 said:

Same here. No diversity-points (we have full diversity in all BGs).

Now we wait for the next bug next war
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

This has actually happened many times in the past. Remember that we're talking about rank, and rank is relative to everyone else. War seasons are not scored on wins, they are scored on points. So if you win with 150k points and someone else wins with 160k points, they will end up higher than you all other things being equal. You could win, and yet fall behind other alliances that also win, but also score more points. You could even fall behind an alliance that *loses* but still scores more points, which is possible when another alliance has a higher multiplier than you.

To put it another way, you don't move up when you win. You move up when you overtake another alliance. And if you can overtake them, someone else behind you can also overtake you. And you aren't impossible to overtake just because you win.
    You’ve posted some very thorough and thoughtful responses. I came away from his post with a totally different takeaway:

Why is the group getting fewer than 20 war rating points per win?

The same thing happened to us for war number two and beyond this season.

Your description about the tiers is spot on, but this change has created stagnation. Let’s assume war pairings at lower tiers are fairly even - a coin flip. Under those conditions, 1 in 8 alliances will string together 3 straight wins and 1 in 8 will string together 3 straight losses. That used to be a 300 point swing in war rating - one group up 150 and one down 150. Now that number is more like 60 each way and 120 total. The end result is that alliances are more entrenched at their tiers no matter how successful or disastrous their season. And this seems to have happened without any real discussion.
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★

These are the screenshots of first 4 season wars and our tier. I made this post already still this fits appropriately in here so just putting it.

Never in my mcoc experience as leader of 2 different alliances have I ever seen a no change of tier when you win 4 consecutive season wars. Stuck on same tier 6 till eternity this season. We have been to tier 5 a season back with only 2 back to back win.

My 2nd alliance is stuck on tier 7 and this on tier 6.none has changed tier.

I don't know why many aren't speaking about. Seasons has been cancelled with many smaller issues than this previously.
    This issues is affecting the alliances that are middle tier and trying to imrove with their efforts.
    One bug in tier 1 alliance and whole season gets cancelled within 24 hrs. Is cancelling season that tough because tier1 people are not affected by it? They have no higher tier to go?
    And you only care about tier 1 alliances?
    If so just make a banner of notifications and say soo" we only cancel seasons when tier 1 people are affected"
    Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

It does. Speaking from my experience of 2 different alliances running more than 2years
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Member Posts: 177
    While I understand the rationalization of what might be happening I'll add a counter example. We've never made G1, but won a war or 2 and when placement showed, we landed it. I don't know tier particulars, but we haven't reached tier 5 in like 3 seasons, so I'd say our multiplier is historically mid for G2. We've lost several wars since the G1 designation and only dropped a handful of places...still firmly in G1. I can feel for those winning and not advancing...we're losing and not in the typical downward spiral.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

It does. Speaking from my experience of 2 different alliances running more than 2years
    Totally agree. At any given point on the war rating curve, you’re all supposed to be paired with alliances with comparable ratings. Half win and move their rating (and eventually tier) higher. Half lose and may eventually drop.

When you’re confronted with a wave of anecdotal incidents like this, the answer isn’t “this happens sometimes.” You should look to see if there’s something you can attribute the phenomenon to. In this case, it’s obvious AF - war rating isn’t changing nearly as much after war. As a result, there’s far less upward and downward mobility.

Was this announced anywhere? I truly could’ve missed it but it doesn’t appear that the first war worked this way, just war 2 and after.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    IMO you cannot make a convincing argument the AW scoring is bugged unless you have info on the other alliances around you on the leaderboard and whether they won or lost.

And I am not sure how it would be bugged for your alliance and not everyone's.
    TyEdge said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Totally agree. At any given point on the war rating curve, you’re all supposed to be paired with alliances with comparable ratings. Half win and move their rating (and eventually tier) higher. Half lose and may eventually drop.

When you’re confronted with a wave of anecdotal incidents like this, the answer isn’t “this happens sometimes.” You should look to see if there’s something you can attribute the phenomenon to. In this case, it’s obvious AF - war rating isn’t changing nearly as much after war. As a result, there’s far less upward and downward mobility.

Was this announced anywhere? I truly could’ve missed it but it doesn’t appear that the first war worked this way, just war 2 and after.
    I can't imagine how this issue is being taken so lightly. Tier 1 alliance aren't affected by this they have no place to high tier. If a small issue even affected tier 1 alliance season would have been cancelled within next 48 hrs

IMO you cannot make a convincing argument the AW scoring is bugged unless you have info on the other alliances around you on the leaderboard and whether they won or lost.

And I am not sure how it would be bugged for your alliance and not everyone's.

Bruh read posts before saying "not everyone's"

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Well my experience is from way more then 2 years. So time to respect what others see, if you have never seen it that’s okay that doesn’t mean it never happens. There were other people making comments about how they have won and dropped as well. Please read everything carefully next time.
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Well my experience is from way more then 2 years. So time to respect what others see, if you have never seen it that’s okay that doesn’t mean it never happens. There were other people making comments about how they have won and dropped as well. Please read everything carefully next time.
    Read what i am saying carefully. You can drop in rank even if you won 4 back to back matches. Rank depends on total season scores which in turn depends on multiplier and tier.

But Winning 4 wars back to back will promote you from tier 6 to tier 5 in a non buggy game
    And FYI we have been to tier 5 from tier 6 with only 2 back to back wins previous season

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

DNA3000 said:

Read what i am saying carefully. You can drop in rank even if you won 4 back to back matches. Rank depends on total season scores which in turn depends on multiplier and tier.

But Winning 4 wars back to back will promote you from tier 6 to tier 5 in a non buggy game
    That’s the funny part of alliance wars, you can have alliances with higher tier/multiplier in the same season ranking brackets. You can win as many wars as you want but ranking is determined by everyone else. They could all be winning and doing it more efficiently point wise to drop your alliance that is also winning. I’m sorry you unable to understand this but as it’s been pointed out it’s possible.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Member Posts: 515 ★★★
    More to add to this discussion

My ally is semi serious with war, assigned paths, full diversity, try not to die, etc. we have a perfect season so far and run 2 BGs, we hit gold 2 last season (like top 100 in the bracket) with 3bgs and lost way more than we won (4-8 I think) why haven’t we moved up more this season, barley hanging onto g2 and we got 48 points for the first win and only 15 every other win.. can’t even move out of tier 8 map