Options

Mole Man rank down tickets and sig stones

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,173 ★★★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
I haven't been following all the posts/news on the whole MoleMan situation but did see Kabam's post about incoming rank down tickets in light of his nerf/fix (even though they've just changed champ descriptions in the same scenario in the past, but that's a different discussion). It's good that we're getting back the rank resources, but what's the rational around not giving back any awakening gems that people used on him or sig stones that people poured into him?

I am (was) the proud owner of a sig 200 6* R3 Moleman, who I brought up to this level because he was my go to Evade/Autoblock counter, but at the time I was torn between Falcon and Moleman (ultimately deciding to go with Moleman for the right reason at the time). Now with his changes I would have definitely chosen to rank and sig up Falcon to sig 200 and rely on him as my main Evade/Autoblock counter.

Has there been any mention from Kabam into them looking into possibly also providing awakening gems and sig stones considering how rare they are this seems like a big ripoff in that respect.

Comments

• Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    Since the RDTs have already been issued, I don’t think they’re going to retroactively change how they work and include gems/stones unfortunately.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Tag them in the post and also put a ticket and see if you get some help.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    My guess is that they find it very difficult to distinguish between sigs added by stones or natural duping. I mean, just look at the resources we get back, we get basic ISO, class/basic Cats etc. We don’t get a 3-4 gem if we ranked him using that, we don’t get the exact iso we used on him. Someone who used a 3-4 skill gem on a 6* Moleman gets back the same basic and alpha cats that someone who ranked him naturally did.

If there was an “un-sigging” stone then it would likely give back all sig levels, regardless of how those sig levels were given. Which Kabam have decided not to do.

When we got sigs back for Namor, we had to sell him and wait for Kabam to work out a way of finding out who used sigs and gems where. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to want to do that this time.

I’m by no means defending this choice, just trying to explain it. What kabam should do is explain either way why they aren’t giving sigs or awakening gems back. Because it’s a real issue that people have invested in a champion who Kabam admits was effectively nerfed.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,831 Guardian
    Chovner said:

I haven't been following all the posts/news on the whole MoleMan situation …

Has there been any mention from Kabam into them looking into possibly also providing awakening gems and sig stones considering how rare they are this seems like a big ripoff in that respect.

Kabam Jax said:

RDT will return ISO, Gold and Catalysts, not Sig Stones or Awakening Gems.

Please take this into consideration before using your RDT.

• Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,173 ★★★★★
    Yeah if 6* sig stones were a common/cheaper commodity then it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but aside from R4 ressources, 6* sig stones are probably the hardest to get items in game.